Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? A tank might be able to hold Biofuel in liquid form and that is great and all :D but not what I'm looking for. I'm still looking for a way to use Biofuel Cells (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Biofuel_Cell). All the wikis on the item are sadly outdated, as is this one. I can create Fuel Cans but they aren't used in any of the machines I've tried either :/

You take the cells. You right-click a tank with it (one that you can place in the world, not a tank in a GUI) Then you pump it out using BC/TE/whatever directly into your engines.

Reactions: RealSketch

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
You take the cells. You right-click a tank with it (one that you can place in the world, not a tank in a GUI) Then you pump it out using BC/TE/whatever directly into your engines.
Or empty them with a liquid transposer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
I want to automate the farming of chestnuts with my forestry multiblock farm. Which mode/electron tube type do i need?

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
Or empty them with a liquid transposer.

None of the options work. Right clicking an empty tank doesnt work, and the transposer doesn't work either, it works with water cells, meaning it will take a cell and pump water to a tank next to it but sadly not with biofuel cells

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
None of the options work. Right clicking an empty tank doesnt work, and the transposer doesn't work either, it works with water cells, meaning it will take a cell and pump water to a tank next to it but sadly not with biofuel cells
You could also try putting them in a compression dynamo. But you may have to throw in the towel here, throw out your cells and make some more biofuel.

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try putting them in a compression dynamo. But you may have to throw in the towel here, throw out your cells and make some more biofuel.

Yeah, Compression dynamo's aren't sadly working either :(. Thanks for all the ideas!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Compression dynamo's aren't sadly working either :(. Thanks for all the ideas!
This is just a theory, but I think the primary issue you're running up against here is that cells are IC2, Biofuel is Forestry, and not much is inclined to get along with IC2 these days.

It still seems odd that nothing is working... last suggestion I have, mouse over the cells and hit "u" to see all the uses registered in NEI.

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
This is just a theory, but I think the primary issue you're running up against here is that cells are IC2, Biofuel is Forestry, and not much is inclined to get along with IC2 these days.

It still seems odd that nothing is working... last suggestion I have, mouse over the cells and hit "u" to see all the uses registered in NEI.

According to NEI there are no uses for biofuel cells. Then again, NEI thinks that making a MV-transformer requires throwing a copper cable into a crafting table and voila, so it's not always correct. From what I've seen so far, NEI is spot on about Biofuel cells :D, as they have proven to be useless.

It seems asking a simple question turned into a difficult one :p.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
According to NEI there are no uses for biofuel cells. Then again, NEI thinks that making a MV-transformer requires throwing a copper cable into a crafting table and voila, so it's not always correct. From what I've seen so far, NEI is spot on about Biofuel cells :D, as they have proven to be useless.

It seems asking a simple question turned into a difficult one :p.
I think anything relating to "Biofuel" is a leftover from earlier versions as Forestry "Biofuel" was changed to "Ethanol" from 1.5.2 to 1.6 versions. Think this was done to make Ethanol the crossmod compatible standard.

As for the MV-transformer it is not a bug in NEI. It is a bug in the recipe in the 1.6 IC2E versions that probably wont ever get fixed as the team moved to 1.7 a long time ago. But you can fix this recipe and a few others with this minimod:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

Reactions: Zalagor

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
So what happens when you add Forge 1065? Does it crash or what? :)
OK. One more time. I DO NOT know how to change it. Here's a quote from my last post. "The pack currently contains Forge 1060. Here's what Railcraft requires (1065+) and I'm trying to install it with no luck." All I need to know is how to update Forge. If it crashed, I would have posted a crash report. You can't get a crash when you didn't do anything in the first place. I'm not being mean, I am just frustrated because they have to make it so difficult.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
OK. One more time. I DO NOT know how to change it. Here's a quote from my last post. "The pack currently contains Forge 1060. Here's what Railcraft requires and I'm trying to install it with no luck." All I need to know is how to update Forge. If it crashed, I would have posted a crash report. You can't get a crash when you didn't do anything in the first place. I'm not being mean, I am just frustrated because they have to make it so difficult.
So do you want a step by step guide on how to put forge in the modpack or do you want the downloads page?

Zalagor

Jul 29, 2019
I think anything relating to "Biofuel" is a leftover from earlier versions as Forestry "Biofuel" was changed to "Ethanol" from 1.5.2 to 1.6 versions. Think this was done to make Ethanol the crossmod compatible standard.

As for the MV-transformer it is not a bug in NEI. It is a bug in the recipe in the 1.6 IC2E versions that probably wont ever get fixed as the team moved to 1.7 a long time ago. But you can fix this recipe and a few others with this minimod:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

You, my friend, are a true gentleman and a scholar, props to you!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there way to set-up minecraft particle render distance?(i dont see any option like that in optifine) Thanks in advance
Odd that it is not a part of normal MC. Would think it would be common sense to allow for disabling animations and particles at far distances so they don't waste resources for no reason.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Odd that it is not a part of normal MC. Would think it would be common sense to allow for disabling animations and particles at far distances so they don't waste resources for no reason.
Vanilla is missing a LOT of graphics options that it should have.

Reactions: Padfoote