Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
For that, you could probably just use NBTExplorer or some similar program to change the world type to (I'm guessing) BIOMESOP, although I don't know which file that would be in, or which entry in it you would need to change. This will change which terrain generator is used for new chunks, so any areas you've already explored (and anything within several chunks of those areas) will remain unchanged.

Gonna try this, I'll report back with findings. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. (that AE2 suggestion was genius.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well you would be in the same dimension (DIM0) and the drive just loads in the pylons (you would need to cheat these in though)
Each spatial storage cell creates its own dimension to store things in. If you move the cell over without moving the corresponding dimension as well (unless, as goreae noted, that's been changed, which I'm fairly sure it hasn't- I remember a recent Direwolf20 Forgecraft video where one of the other players was showing off the core of his ME network, which was stored in spatial storage- wouldn't have worked if it was all in NBT data stored in the item), you'll either get an empty storage cell or a corrupted world.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Each spatial storage cell creates its own dimension to store things in. If you move the cell over without moving the corresponding dimension as well (unless, as goreae noted, that's been changed, which I'm fairly sure it hasn't- I remember a recent Direwolf20 Forgecraft video where one of the other players was showing off the core of his ME network, which was stored in spatial storage- wouldn't have worked if it was all in NBT data stored in the item), you'll either get an empty storage cell or a corrupted world.
Ahhhh

Well I don't really know much about AE2, all I knew was that it was an option :p

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
My using NBTeditor to go from amplified to BoP worked perfectly, no hassles or side effects that I can see. Simples. Nothing broken or anything.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Will the GregTech Dragon Egg Energy Syphon produce any negative side effects with Thaumcraft 4 (like it did with TC3)?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Will the GregTech Dragon Egg Energy Syphon produce any negative side effects with Thaumcraft 4 (like it did with TC3)?
I have no idea. However, if I were to take a guess, the negative side effects of using it with TC3 were probably due to the siphon consuming vis from nearby nodes, thereby causing Flux. In TC4, however, the worst that draining a node will do is destroy the node.

So my guess would be that there would be no side effects in TC4 other than having nodes vanish. But, I can't say I'd be surprised if Greg threw in some side effects of his own.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft n00b question:

So, the colors merely indicate chance and I don't have to pull the page out at a specific point in the sequence?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So, the colors merely indicate chance and I don't have to pull the page out at a specific point in the sequence?
If you add a colour page before an element, it should work. So "red" followed by "sky color" should give you a red sky. I'm not up to date on the latest mechanics, but it used to be the case that if you have other elements missing, like if you don't specify fog color or water bock type or enough "features" like mineshafts and villages, it will add random pages to your world. Those random pages might end up in the wrong place, so it might randomly add a "white" page after your "red" and you get a pink sky. But basically, if you specify all the things, you should get what you specify. The only chance is when there are things you didn't specify.

Please someone correct me if my information is out of date.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If you add a colour page before an element, it should work. So "red" followed by "sky color" should give you a red sky. I'm not up to date on the latest mechanics, but it used to be the case that if you have other elements missing, like if you don't specify fog color or water bock type or enough "features" like mineshafts and villages, it will add random pages to your world. Those random pages might end up in the wrong place, so it might randomly add a "white" page after your "red" and you get a pink sky. But basically, if you specify all the things, you should get what you specify. The only chance is when there are things you didn't specify.

Please someone correct me if my information is out of date.
I think @Beeze23 was asking about crafting a link page in the ink mixer... if that's the case, then IIRC it doesn't matter when you click it out.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I meant adding things to ink in the mixer -- mainly to add intra-linking because I'm missing AM2 (and its portals) in this modpack.

I don't have enough symbols to make a coherent book yet, though I manged to make a random world that didn't start poisoning me immediately.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Eruantien

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
How do I damage Twilight Forest minotaurs? (DW20 1.7.10/1.0.3)

I've tried my TiCo swords (rapier and a cleaver), a Project Red ruby sword, and a vanilla diamond one.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
How do I damage Twilight Forest minotaurs? (DW20 1.7.10/1.0.3)

I've tried my TiCo swords (rapier and a cleaver), a Project Red ruby sword, and a vanilla diamond one.
I'm guessing you haven't reached the proper level of progression required to damage mobs in -whatever- biome they're in. Check the TF wiki page if you need more info on that, can't remember right now...

Reactions: Beeze23

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing you haven't reached the proper level of progression required to damage mobs in -whatever- biome they're in. Check the TF wiki page if you need more info on that, can't remember right now...

Derp. Well, now I know how the progression and area protection works. :D

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys

Short question about the BuildCraft Builder in the DW20 1.7.10 pack (1.0.3).

I made a blueprint of a structure that has forge multipart wooden slabs, and when I use the builder to replicate the pattern, those are not required in the materials and are also not placed.

Is there a way to use forge multiparts in BC blueprints ? Or are they just not supported ?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
using SFM I want the controller to send a redstone signal through an emitter if there's a certain item in the inventory, and turn the redstone signal off when that item is no longer in the inventory.
I figured out how to turn on the redstone sginal, but I don't know how to turn it off. does anyone know how to do this using SFM?

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
using SFM I want the controller to send a redstone signal through an emitter if there's a certain item in the inventory, and turn the redstone signal off when that item is no longer in the inventory.
I figured out how to turn on the redstone sginal, but I don't know how to turn it off. does anyone know how to do this using SFM?

I guess you have a condition after a trigger checking the item count in said inventory, and then a redstone emitter block linked to the "true" path with a weak/strong signal of strength 15 ?

If that's the case, what you wanna do is add another redstone emitter block to the "false" path and set it to emit a redstone signal of strength 0.

This should trigger the signal off when the item count condition is no longer met.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I guess you have a condition after a trigger checking the item count in said inventory, and then a redstone emitter block linked to the "true" path with a weak/strong signal of strength 15 ?

If that's the case, what you wanna do is add another redstone emitter block to the "false" path and set it to emit a redstone signal of strength 0.

This should trigger the signal off when the item count condition is no longer met.

that worked perfectly, thank you very much :D

Reactions: yotus

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Hi guys

Short question about the BuildCraft Builder in the DW20 1.7.10 pack (1.0.3).

I made a blueprint of a structure that has forge multipart wooden slabs, and when I use the builder to replicate the pattern, those are not required in the materials and are also not placed.

Is there a way to use forge multiparts in BC blueprints ? Or are they just not supported ?

Wait for them to upgrade to BuildCraft 6.3 and use BuildCraftCompat 6.3 in the pack, then it will work.