Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's one way of doing it...
For a start the guns on most planes seem to use the best machine gun in that class (e.g. The p-51 mustang uses the browning) however, I don't know why most of the stuff doesn't have NEI recipes, unless everything uses stuff made in the flans mod work tables, they don't have NEI integration, but I would assume on the page for the content pack you are using is a list of all crafting recipes.. Dunno though

Some weapons use the boxes as an ingredient, some use the box as a crafting table, and for some you can take your pick out of the two methods. But even that takes a fair bit of figuring out! NEI just lists everything as coming from "Flan's Mod", so it's not so obvious which item is coming from which pack, or which box should be used to craft it - assuming you even see the boxes in NEI at all!

It wouldn't be so bad if I were installing the packs myself, one at a time. But in a pre-built modpack with lots of content packs installed it's a bit of a mess. To be fair, the one I'm on at the moment isn't FTB, but I figured this'd be the place to ask.

For example, let's say you manage to figure out that the Cobra helicopter comes from the Modern Weapons Pack. Even armed with this information, good luck finding any webpage which states that anywhere!

In any case, by digging through the archives and acquiring names of the weapon boxes, from there it shouldn't be too hard to build whatever I like. Methinks I'm gonna have to build myself some hangars.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
So our server won't start while using my pack. It works well in sp but not for the server.

C:\Users\\Desktop\test>java -Xms5G -Xmx5G -XXermSize=128 -jar cauldron-1.7
.10-1.1207.01.198-server.jar
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128; support
was removed in 8.0
Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.309
Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.309
Adding Accesstransformer map: CoFH_at.cfg
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTarge
tException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.j
ava:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.
java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/WorldServer
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.WorldServer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLo
ader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/World
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
ader.java:180)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.World
ader.java:188)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodInsnNode.<i
nit>(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
at lumien.randomthings.Transformer.RTClassTransformer.patchWorldClass(RT
ClassTransformer.java:220)
at lumien.randomthings.Transformer.RTClassTransformer.transform(RTClassT
ransformer.java:48)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchC
lassLoader.java:276)
ader.java:174)
... 20 more

C:\Users\\Desktop\test>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I think its a problem with forge (might be using wrong version) but I cannot test this as I only have console access. So if you figure it out i will pass along the info

some mods cant be used on a server...client side mobs are normally maps and hud stuff

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Some weapons use the boxes as an ingredient, some use the box as a crafting table, and for some you can take your pick out of the two methods. But even that takes a fair bit of figuring out! NEI just lists everything as coming from "Flan's Mod", so it's not so obvious which item is coming from which pack, or which box should be used to craft it - assuming you even see the boxes in NEI at all!

It wouldn't be so bad if I were installing the packs myself, one at a time. But in a pre-built modpack with lots of content packs installed it's a bit of a mess. To be fair, the one I'm on at the moment isn't FTB, but I figured this'd be the place to ask.

For example, let's say you manage to figure out that the Cobra helicopter comes from the Modern Weapons Pack. Even armed with this information, good luck finding any webpage which states that anywhere!

In any case, by digging through the archives and acquiring names of the weapon boxes, from there it shouldn't be too hard to build whatever I like. Methinks I'm gonna have to build myself some hangars.
Whenever I do flans, I make all the boxes, and then try and match the pictures to those in NEI, it takes a while but it sorta works

KillaKage456

Jul 29, 2019
In the nei for thermal expansion it shows the resonant version for the recipes of certain machines. Is there anyway to fix this?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In the nei for thermal expansion it shows the resonant version for the recipes of certain machines. Is there anyway to fix this?
Not that I know of. But you can use any frame in it's slot (I believe it is supposed to alternate between all 4 frame types, which I was sure it did)

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is Minetweaker / Mod tweaker / Minetweaker Recipe Maker capable of making Thaumcraft Infusion crafting as well as Arcane Work table crafting?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Is Minetweaker / Mod tweaker / Minetweaker Recipe Maker capable of making Thaumcraft Infusion crafting as well as Arcane Work table crafting?
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:Thaumcraft_4_Support

Also custom research support, including generating custom thaumonomicon tabs and pages.
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:Thaumcraft_4_Support:Research

I have no idea about if the recipe maker has support for that or not. I don't really use it. Mainly because I'm afraid it'll do something wrong and I'll have to dig through hard-to-read generated code to fix what was broken.

Reactions: PierceSG

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I know of. I believe it only supports minetweaker. If you are talking about the mod that adds a crafting GUI thing to write scripts.

However if you have no issues writing out the code, read goreae's post above :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone know why my waypoints disappear every time I disconnect from a friend's "Open To Lan" game, and how I can fix it? This is Agrarian Skies, so I'm guessing it's MapWriter. Maybe I should set up a server entry rather than just relying on the scan-for-LAN.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why my waypoints disappear every time I disconnect from a friend's "Open To Lan" game, and how I can fix it? This is Agrarian Skies, so I'm guessing it's MapWriter. Maybe I should set up a server entry rather than just relying on the scan-for-LAN.
It's because of the ever-changing port that changes every time your friend opens to LAN. The mapmod AgS uses is one of these that save the waypoint data in either "world.points" or "IP~colon~PORT.points"

Reactions: PhilHibbs

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I change terrain gen after creating the world? I have a world thats pretty far along and I don't want to lose the current terrain. I tried using MCedit but that ruined my base, all my machines were turned to sand, trees turned into conveyor belts, taint turned into fluix blocks, etc.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
WorldEdit would be all I can think of. Changing terrain is hard to do, once a game has loaded the chunks. You could of course reset the chunks with new terrain... but that would mean your progress would be lost, and you'd be cheating in ores, as the areas you mined would be regened.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
WorldEdit would be all I can think of. Changing terrain is hard to do, once a game has loaded the chunks. You could of course reset the chunks with new terrain... but that would mean your progress would be lost, and you'd be cheating in ores, as the areas you mined would be regened.

I just want new terrain to be BoP terrain gen instead of amplified, I can just move my base with world edit to a new random spot on the map.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
How do I change terrain gen after creating the world? I have a world thats pretty far along and I don't want to lose the current terrain. I tried using MCedit but that ruined my base, all my machines were turned to sand, trees turned into conveyor belts, taint turned into fluix blocks, etc.
You likely used an outdated verion of MCEdit. In older versions, modded blocks that use the 4096 IDs turn into vanilla blocks. Once, I had every violet flower in a world become upward powered minecart tracks.

And with the whole cheating in ores thing, I don't see that as much of a cheat really. I mean if you want the ores, you could just go to a new spot on the map and start digging. The world is (practically) infinite.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I just want new terrain to be BoP terrain gen instead of amplified, I can just move my base with world edit to a new random spot on the map.
No, you can move your base with world edit... however spatial IO is not out of the question... just move the spatial drive onto the new world.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You likely used an outdated verion of MCEdit. In older versions, modded blocks that use the 4096 IDs turn into vanilla blocks. Once, I had every violet flower in a world become upward powered minecart tracks.

And with the whole cheating in ores thing, I don't see that as much of a cheat really. I mean if you want the ores, you could just go to a new spot on the map and start digging. The world is (practically) infinite.
Actually, MCEdit still uses IDs and cannot work with modded blocks, IIRC (unless it has updated in the last few months to use names and not ID numbers)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
No, you can move your base with world edit... however spatial IO is not out of the question... just move the spatial drive onto the new world.
You'd have to move the corresponding dimension's file too. Unless AE2 doesn't use dimensions to store the data anymore. In which case ignore my previous statement.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For that, you could probably just use NBTExplorer or some similar program to change the world type to (I'm guessing) BIOMESOP, although I don't know which file that would be in, or which entry in it you would need to change. This will change which terrain generator is used for new chunks, so any areas you've already explored (and anything within several chunks of those areas) will remain unchanged.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You'd have to move the corresponding dimension's file too. Unless AE2 doesn't use dimensions to store the data anymore. In which case ignore my previous statement.
Well you would be in the same dimension (DIM0) and the drive just loads in the pylons (you would need to cheat these in though)