Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
guys help with openperipheral. I can't make it work, I tried placing a computer next to a chest entered lua and typed peripheral.isPresent("side") it's always false like it cant detect the block.

mc 1.6.4 forge9.11.1.965
mod versions: cc1.63, openperipheralcore0.3.3, openperipheralAddons0.1.3

im limited with computer craft and havent messed with OP very much but have your tried typing right or left depending what side the chest is on instead of side? i know for instance if you want to set a turtle to detect redstone signal on left you would type... while redstone.getInput("left") do ... So im assuming OP would operate the same way.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
im limited with computer craft and havent messed with OP very much but have your tried typing right or left depending what side the chest is on instead of side? i know for instance if you want to set a turtle to detect redstone signal on left you would type... while redstone.getInput("left") do ... So im assuming OP would operate the same way.

ya, I know about sides.
here's the video of what I'm trying to do yt .

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Best thing i can advice is giving us a pastebin of the code you write. because if your writing

peripheral.isPresent("right")

it should come true if its on the right. So im assuming something isn't right

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Best thing i can advice is giving us a pastebin of the code you write. because if your writing

peripheral.isPresent("right")

it should come true if its on the right. So im assuming something isn't right

Hehe I see what you did there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
ya, I know about sides.
here's the video of what I'm trying to do yt .

It looks like whenever you tried to access the entity on the right:

ls.serialize(peripheral.getMethods("right")))

you typed an extra closing paren.

I don't know if that was your issue, however, not being intimate with Lua.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe I see what you did there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol i just reread that, i didnt mean it that way lol

It looks like whenever you tried to access the entity on the right:

ls.serialize(peripheral.getMethods("right")))

you typed an extra closing paren.

I don't know if that was your issue, however, not being intimate with Lua.

That Video he linked over was from Mikee, he is the coder for the mod. riciJak isnt making that far, he is having issues with the chest being read by the computer so im assuming its just a simple typo or something.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
In DW20s server play, he had issues with his computers cables accessing TC4 aspect jars, and had to use some interface block. I know turtles can interface with chests ok, but can computers? It was explained that it was because aspect jars, and similarly chests, don't take up the entire block, so it has trouble interfacing with it.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make a simple and stable mystcraft cave age?

It's simple really: I want to play in a giant cave.
Mystcraft provides cave worlds.
I suck at mystcraft.
I do not want to spend a week building in the age only to have everything collapse around me.

Any aid would be helpful, thanks! :D

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to get Ars Magica 2 mages to stop attacking creepers in my mob essence farm.
Ive went through 10 grinders and ive tried thaumcrafts attractors to pull creepers away but no luck.
also creepers while in water still blow up the grinder so :??

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make a simple and stable mystcraft cave age?

It's simple really: I want to play in a giant cave.
Mystcraft provides cave worlds.
I suck at mystcraft.
I do not want to spend a week building in the age only to have everything collapse around me.

Any aid would be helpful, thanks! :D
config\mystcraft\core.cfg
Code:
    B:options.instability=false

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. That was reaaally simple. Thought I'd have to word it supercarefully.

Any suggestions on how to word the age for it to be a good cave world?

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard about magical crops being farmable via MFR, but I forgot if that was an addon or a config change or something else. However, are you able to do that in Monster? I don't expect the fertilizer to work, just the planter and harvester.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
I made a mystcraft age with the following words:
Cave World > Huge Biomes > Various random biomes > Mineshafts > Strongholds > Villages > Normal Lighting.

It turned out into a checkered biome age. Shouldn't the Huge Biomes prevent that from happening?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing monster pack 1.11. When i use the auto fishier from mariculture. Anything that is not a fish that it catches. I can shift click it into my inventory. I can pick it up and put it there, but then i can put it in my AE system. When I drop them on the ground and they vanish. Is there a way to fix this?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I made a mystcraft age with the following words:
Cave World > Huge Biomes > Various random biomes > Mineshafts > Strongholds > Villages > Normal Lighting.

It turned out into a checkered biome age. Shouldn't the Huge Biomes prevent that from happening?

Order make a difference with the pages. Try putting all of the biome types like forest before the "Huge Biomes" page. Since that is the biome controller.

With yours it stuck in a random biome controller after your biome types. That random controller was the checked controller.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Found what I had to do, had to add a normal biomes thingy. Seems like the biome size modifiers and biome type modifiers are different.

Hmmm, one last question. Is it possible to get growth in the mystcraft cave world ages? Stuff like flowers and trees etc?