Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone here ever built a basic ReactorCraft pebble bed reactor? I'm curious what the output of a simple one is.

I've only built the standard fission version before (which outputs absurd power) but I'm thinking tonight in my newish world I might start small.

*Edited: may have sort of answered my own question.

He claims around 36MW which is excellent. But wouldn't mind any other feedback.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here ever built a basic ReactorCraft pebble bed reactor? I'm curious what the output of a simple one is.

I've only built the standard fission version before (which outputs absurd power) but I'm thinking tonight in my newish world I might start small.
I made a single boiler one. Made roughly 2-3 thousand rf/t.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the 1.2.5 FTB non-insanity map and I'm a bit stuck on trying to obtain ender pearls. Is there any sure-fire ways of obtaining them or making enderman spawn? I've attempted to build areas where they should be able to spawn but they just never do.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm playing the 1.2.5 FTB non-insanity map and I'm a bit stuck on trying to obtain ender pearls. Is there any sure-fire ways of obtaining them or making enderman spawn? I've attempted to build areas where they should be able to spawn but they just never do.
You can try building a ridiculously-high-altitude mob farm to ensure your spawns don't get interfered with. I forget the magic number but I suspect you want to be around elevation 130. You won't get more endermen than would normally spawn, but the overall spawn rate in your area will be much better.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You can try building a ridiculously-high-altitude mob farm to ensure your spawns don't get interfered with. I forget the magic number but I suspect you want to be around elevation 130. You won't get more endermen than would normally spawn, but the overall spawn rate in your area will be much better.

1.2.5 was a long time ago. But I'm pretty sure it had EE2. So there should be a way to use EE2 and convert iron into pearls.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not on currently so I can't check but I know it's higher than the spawn building on the map. I get every other mob but not Enderman. It is a typical skyblock mob farm so it won't actually kill them like the other mobs, however, in Agrarian Skies which I have the exact mob farm built, it spawns Enderman and once they touch the water they teleport somewhere on the map which has allowed me to collect pearls on AS.

I'll see about moving the farm even further away or maybe try putting it in the desert biome.

1.2.5 was a long time ago. But I'm pretty sure it had EE2. So there should be a way to use EE2 and convert iron into pearls.

I'm assuming the recipe is disabled for the map since I've tried converting 4 iron into an ender pearl but there doesn't seem to be a recipe for it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not on currently so I can't check but I know it's higher than the spawn building on the map. I get every other mob but not Enderman. It is a typical skyblock mob farm so it won't actually kill them like the other mobs, however, in Agrarian Skies which I have the exact mob farm built, it spawns Enderman and once they touch the water they teleport somewhere on the map which has allowed me to collect pearls on AS.
Oops didn't know that was a skyblock. Yeah that's a confusing one. I guess I'd try weird things like making sure the spawn building was tall enough or there wasn't any water nearby, in case they hate spawning too close to it.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft and Redstone question:

When powering the extractor, I feed it 16-67 MW heavily geared for speed. I use redstone signals to switch CVT modes so they power stages 1 and 4, then 2 and 3 as fast as possible. The problem is that stages 2 and 3 backlog and result in stage 1 then backlogging eventually. I use a projectRed timer set to 2.60 secs hooked up to a toggle switch to swap the CVTs.

Ideally, I want to run the stages for 2 and then 3 secs each time. That is, I want a circuit with different on and off periods in the pattern 2-3-2-3-2-3 seconds and so on. Is there a good way to do this besides ComputerCraft?

Alternatively, is there a better uniform period than 2.6 seconds for a max speed geared extractor alternation circuit? Anything shorter and stage 4 won't clear out fast enough, so 2 and 3 get stuck. Anything longer and all stages get backed up and sit stuck until switching occurs.

@Reika for advice, maybe?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
RotaryCraft and Redstone question:

When powering the extractor, I feed it 16-67 MW heavily geared for speed. I use redstone signals to switch CVT modes so they power stages 1 and 4, then 2 and 3 as fast as possible. The problem is that stages 2 and 3 backlog and result in stage 1 then backlogging eventually. I use a projectRed timer set to 2.60 secs hooked up to a toggle switch to swap the CVTs.

Ideally, I want to run the stages for 2 and then 3 secs each time. That is, I want a circuit with different on and off periods in the pattern 2-3-2-3-2-3 seconds and so on. Is there a good way to do this besides ComputerCraft?

Alternatively, is there a better uniform period than 2.6 seconds for a max speed geared extractor alternation circuit? Anything shorter and stage 4 won't clear out fast enough, so 2 and 3 get stuck. Anything longer and all stages get backed up and sit stuck until switching occurs.

@Reika for advice, maybe?

You want a standard uneven redstone clock. I would probably do this with monostable RS-NOR latches.

*Edited: may have sort of answered my own question.

He claims around 36MW which is excellent. But wouldn't mind any other feedback.
That reactor design is faulty.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oops didn't know that was a skyblock. Yeah that's a confusing one. I guess I'd try weird things like making sure the spawn building was tall enough or there wasn't any water nearby, in case they hate spawning too close to it.

I don't think the water has much to do with it as I previously said, I have the same farm on the Agrarian Skies map and it had no problems spawning endermen which would just teleport somewhere else. I actually had to drop the height of the mob farm from having a 3 high space to a 2 high space because they were teleporting over to spots like my garden and picking up the dirt from underneath my crops so now they don't spawn at all.

PfCZu9w.png

The above is my farm on Agrarian Skies after I lowered the roof by one block just so you have an idea of what I'm working with. I have the same one in the FTB Pyramid map only it's still three blocks high but doesn't spawn any at all. Maybe the spawning mechanics of the endermen have changed between 1.2.5 and 1.6.4? I don't really know. xD

Are there any reliable sources of renewable redstone dust in the Direwolf20 pack?

I don't know about renewable but what I do anymore with redstone is mine it with a silk-touch pick then pulverize the ore which gives you 6 redstone per ore plus a 25% chance of getting cinnabar which is ridiculously handy when it comes to smelting dark iron, ferrous and tinkers' ores. Just find some large hollow hills in Twilight Forest and go crazy because there's always tons of redstone there.

Sorry if this isn't quite answering your question, just figured I'd put that out there since it's extremely useful.

*edit* I'm really bad at simple questions. D:

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
You want a standard uneven redstone clock. I would probably do this with monostable RS-NOR latches.

Thanks! I couldn't come up with the right search terms to find a design. You know you're in trouble when you can't even remember what something is called!

I'll have to sketch up a logic circuit later.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to auto kill the wither? I heard MFFS can do this but does he still drop nether stars? (or is there another way of getting nether stars?)

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to auto kill the wither? I heard MFFS can do this but does he still drop nether stars? (or is there another way of getting nether stars?)

I believe there's a method you can use that involves the nether star generator from Extra Utilities. You can probably use MFFS or Thaumcraft's Warding Focus to trap it in the area in which you spawn it. The generator will kill anything that's near it while it's running. I haven't done it myself but I've seen quite a few people mention this method.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

Yes the wither will still drop a nether star if killed by an MFFS.[DOUBLEPOST=1397510782][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't blood wood leaves drop redstone dust too?

Don't know about blood wood. What mod is that from?