Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be a reason if I enable World Anchors in the railcraft config, that it still does not show the recipe in NEI? Here is the beginning of the railcraft config that I changed:

anchors {
#
# change to craftable=false to disable World Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:craftable=true

#
# change to 'delete.anchors=true' to delete every World Anchor or Anchor Cart in the world.
# Value resets to false after each session.
# To disable Anchors completely, disable the ChunkLoading Module from 'modules.cfg'
#
B:delete.anchors=false

#
# this is the itemID of the item to be used as Anchor Fuel, defaults to Ender Pearls, does not support meta
#
I:fuel.itemID=368

#
# change to interact.with.pipes=false to prevent pipes, tubes, or various other things from interacting with Anchors
#
B:interact.with.pipes=true

#
# change to personal.craftable=false to disable Personal Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:personal.craftable=true

#
# the number of hours that a single Ender Pearl will power a Personal Anchor or Personal Anchor Cart
# this is an approximation only, actual duration is affected by number of chunks loaded and tick rate
# set it to -1 to disable the fuel requirement, default = 12, max = 480
#
I:personal.refuel=-1

#
# change to print.locations=true to print Anchor locations to the log on startup
#
B:print.locations=true

#
# the number of hours that a single Ender Pearl will power a World Anchor or Anchor Cart
# this is an approximation only, actual duration is affected by number of chunks loaded and tick rate
#
I:refuel=-1
}

I changed craftable to be True, and set refueling at -1 like it said. No other changes. Reboot server... no change.

houg210

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with keeping a BioReactor full. I need a method to keep it full of saplings all the time without overflow. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with keeping a BioReactor full. I need a method to keep it full of saplings all the time without overflow. Can someone point me in the right direction here?
AE and ExtraUtils' Transfer Nodes don't drop stuff on the ground. A diamond pipe with a sapling in the appropriate slot to push into the Bioreactor will fill up the machine and let excess pass by (potentially to a void pipe to destroy the excess). An insertion pipe will do much the same as a diamond pipe as long as only saplings are traveling along the pipes.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They are found in magical biomes. If memory serves me correctly, they are found near redstone ore.

I believe that vanilla only has 1 or 2 magical biomes, but when using Biomes O Plenty there are several more.
Any chance someone could mention some of the names for these biomes? Thats the one thing I am still rather confused about. If I just used default world gen with Unleashed, am I using vanilla world gen or is something modifying it?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance someone could mention some of the names for these biomes? Thats the one thing I am still rather confused about. If I just used default world gen with Unleashed, am I using vanilla world gen or is something modifying it?

Well, I personally found quite a few in extreme hills biomes. If you use default world gen, it's vanilla

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

I cannot seem to find where I got this list, what version it is good for but I think these biomes are considered magic enough for thaumcraft in 1.6:
Blessed Bog (Promised Land)
Cherry Blossom Grove
Fungi Forest
Garden
Majestic Meadow (Promised Land)
Mystic Grove
Ominous Woods
Sacred Springs
Thick Ominous Woods
Wondrous Woods (Promised Land)

I know I have found deep hives in ominous woods before, just dig greedily and deep.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well, I personally found quite a few in extreme hills biomes.
Excellent. Found some extreme extreme hills in a mystcraft worlds I have without lava or caves. Mined out 3 chunks from bedrock and 35ish up(Mining Laser long range pointed up when standing on bedrock) and got 3 princess and 2 drones in no time.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
One thing I always wondered about tree breeding, is excactly how the pollination mechanic works. Once a block of leaves change colour is it done and should I just graft it right away? Basically I am not really sure which of these mechanics that I imagine is the true one:

-Once a leaf changes colour, it chooses a random amongst the possible mutations and then thats it. The leaf and its sapling will not change further, and I should just immediately graft it.

-When a leaf is pollinated it becomes a hybrid with a chance of mutating to a new species. If it becomes a hybrid and is then left on the tree, it will over time continue to be pollinated each time with the chance to mutate. So leaving it over longer periods of time will increase the chance of getting new species saplings instead of hybrids.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
One thing I always wondered about tree breeding, is excactly how the pollination mechanic works. Once a block of leaves change colour is it done and should I just graft it right away? Basically I am not really sure which of these mechanics that I imagine is the true one:

-Once a leaf changes colour, it chooses a random amongst the possible mutations and then thats it. The leaf and its sapling will not change further, and I should just immediately graft it.

-When a leaf is pollinated it becomes a hybrid with a chance of mutating to a new species. If it becomes a hybrid and is then left on the tree, it will over time continue to be pollinated each time with the chance to mutate. So leaving it over longer periods of time will increase the chance of getting new species saplings instead of hybrids.
I'm almost certain it's the prior. Think of it kind of like bee breeding, where each leaf block is a different roll of the dice for a successful mutation.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be a reason if I enable World Anchors in the railcraft config, that it still does not show the recipe in NEI? Here is the beginning of the railcraft config that I changed:

anchors {
#
# change to craftable=false to disable World Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:craftable=true

#
# change to 'delete.anchors=true' to delete every World Anchor or Anchor Cart in the world.
# Value resets to false after each session.
# To disable Anchors completely, disable the ChunkLoading Module from 'modules.cfg'
#
B:delete.anchors=false

#
# this is the itemID of the item to be used as Anchor Fuel, defaults to Ender Pearls, does not support meta
#
I:fuel.itemID=368

#
# change to interact.with.pipes=false to prevent pipes, tubes, or various other things from interacting with Anchors
#
B:interact.with.pipes=true

#
# change to personal.craftable=false to disable Personal Anchor crafting, they will still be available via Creative
#
B:personal.craftable=true

#
# the number of hours that a single Ender Pearl will power a Personal Anchor or Personal Anchor Cart
#
I:personal.refuel=-1

#
# change to print.locations=true to print Anchor locations to the log on startup
#
B:print.locations=true

#
# the number of hours that a single Ender Pearl will power a World Anchor or Anchor Cart
#
I:refuel=-1
}

I changed craftable to be True, and set refueling at -1 like it said. No other changes. Reboot server... no change.

Remember that you need to make this config setting both on the client and on the server.
If you only do it on the server, you can potentially craft it but it won't show up in NEI because the client thinks it's forbiddem.
If you only do it on the client, it will show up in NEI but you can't pull the finished item out of the crafting table because the server says it's forbidden.

Question:

I don't know the code (for that you probably need to ask MilConDoin) but it should go something like this:

With bees:
- Each pollination attempt, the game randomizes two blocks in the pollination area, one source and one target. If both happen to be leaf blocks and they are of different kinds, pollination can happen.

With butterflies:
- AI controlled behavior lets the butterfly seek out leaf blocks at random. If it does not carry pollen, it will pick up some when landing on a leaf block (source). If it already carries pollen, it will drop it when landing on a leaf block (target).

Pollination process:
- Roll a d100 against the species mutation chance. If success, target leaf block becomes pollinated and will yield a purebred default sapling with base traits of the new resultant species. No traits will be crossed and no partial species mutations occur (it is always purebred). When multiple species can result from the pairing, I don't know whether it compounds the chances into one roll (1-10 tree A, 11-20 tree B, 21-100 fail) or whether it rolls multiple times. But either way, if mutation succeeds the process ends here.
- If species mutation fails or is not possible, target leaf block becomes pollinated and will yield a hybrid sapling. Species trait will be set to either A-B or B-A, and what species the sapling actually ends up as is dependant on which ultimately counts as active (a dominant inactive line trait overwrites a recessive active one as usual). Trait lines get crossed. Tree shape and wood type is active-species locked, as is fruit support; but actual fruit produced is a result of crossing as well (so you can get for example apples onto other trees in case their species supports them).

Once pollinated, leaves do not change over time and (I believe) are not eligible as either source or target for further breeding processes anymore.

Reactions: rhn and zorn

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the part where 'I cant see it' flew over your head? Cause yes, I checked NEI and nothing shows up. I can see what recipes use iron bars but not how to craft them.

"I can't see it" doesn't exactly tell me much. You didn't specify that you looked in NEI. All you said was that "You can't see it." How am I supposed to know what that means? You can't see the recipe in the wiki? On the mod thread? On the internet? Hovering in the sky?

If trying to help offends you so much, maybe you shouldn't ask people for help and figure it out yourself.

Dazrox88

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to fly faster? Trying to discover more areas of the map, kinda slow process.
Thanks in advance!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way to fly faster? Trying to discover more areas of the map, kinda slow process.
Thanks in advance!
For Jetpacks and Gravichest (and possible many more) the Haste enchant on boots will increase your speed in air aswell as on ground. Also if you upgrade jetpack to Advanced Jetpack or with the Gravichets, you can hold the Boost key(Default ctrl I believe) to go faster.

Small warning: I have on occasions encountered problems with servers if you travel around a lot too fast. I think that for loaded servers you can spawn new chunks faster than the server can finish generating/storing the data for it. That requires a lot of processing and can keep a great number of chunks "loaded" at the same time. Have experienced it crashing a couple servers I have been on.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Is witherwart from BOP useful for anything (besides trying to kill you) or should I just turn that stuff off in the configs?

Also, to get rid of a certain buzzing mob in BOP, will turning their id to zero work or not?

Last edited:

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks in advance!

In addition to what others mentioned:

There's a key, with conflicting mappings by default, called 'boost'. Map this to something,g change your flight mode to hover, and you'll book around pretty quick.

As an alternative, enchant two pieces of dartcraft armor with speed. You will move about the same speed as a boosted jetpack without nneeding to press the key, giving you longer travel distance via charge. I think 3 pieces of dart armor will mtake you go faster than boost, but I hhaven't tried because its invonvenient moving that fast in my base.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In addition to what others mentioned:

There's a key, with conflicting mappings by default, called 'boost'. Map this to something,g change your flight mode to hover, and you'll book around pretty quick.

As an alternative, enchant two pieces of dartcraft armor with speed. You will move about the same speed as a boosted jetpack without nneeding to press the key, giving you longer travel distance via charge. I think 3 pieces of dart armor will mtake you go faster than boost, but I hhaven't tried because its invonvenient moving that fast in my base.

Also you can add in the speed rod to make you go insanely fast.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
DW20 pack on 1.4.7. Trying to breed Heroic Bees. Any hints? I've got Steadfast and Valiant breeding in an alveary, three frame housings with chocolate frames, two mutator blocks with uranium in. I've bred them about a dozen times, and not got a single Heroic or any other mutation. What am I doing wrong? Do I need more mutators?