Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Been trying but still no cigar. I mean I have basic knowledge of creating ages but can't get a grasp on mixing colors especially that bottom part where the orange and green meets.
"Red" "Sunset color" "Green" "Sky color"? And if you want the effect to always be there, make a dark sun constantly at sunset. Thats my best guess. And remember that you can place a dark sun more than one place to spread the effect to more than one direction.

Reactions: zCha0z

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Cannot find anything online - is there a use for oak barricades other than as a different type of fencing?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Cannot find anything online - is there a use for oak barricades other than as a different type of fencing?
Think I read somewhere that it was meant as a easy to make defence for your very first night. You can make it even without a crafting table. And I haven't really found any use for it other than that.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Think I read somewhere that it was meant as a easy to make defence for your very first night. You can make it even without a crafting table. And I haven't really found any use for it other than that.

It's exceptionally good for annoying the hell out of people if you barricade their base with it- especially since it can stack on top of each other, requiring a fair chunk of time to remove one barricde!

Now excuse me, I've got to test that out on an unwilling victim.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Have anyone managed to figure out a way to automate the ExtraBee machines? specifically I would like to automate exchanging empty serums with fresh ones in the Inoculator, and refill them. But proving a bit difficult with the limitations of the machines.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Have anyone managed to figure out a way to automate the ExtraBee machines? specifically I would like to automate exchanging empty serums with fresh ones in the Inoculator, and refill them. But proving a bit difficult with the limitations of the machines.
what version are you playing on? I recall DW20 mentioning that Binnie was adding gate conditionals to his machines, around the time of 1.4.7

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
changes in EB v1.3.2b ...

Buildcraft Logic
Several triggers and actions have been added to Buildcraft Logic Gates that are linked to the new machines. There are 17 new triggers such as 'Is machine working?', 'Has blank template?' and 'Low Power'. There are also actions that can pause the current process or cancel it completely. There are also machine specific triggers and actions, such as triggers which can tell what mode the acclimatiser is operating in, or an action to reset all progress in the DNA Sequencer.

examples: http://i.imgur.com/tRy6j.png

Reactions: groundhog

Melifluous

Jul 29, 2019
Bee a little careful with 1.6 and those machines though. (Pun intended) i've crashed my server several times shift clicking the wrong thing into these things. Very nice tool tips though whilst holding tab and using mouse overs!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
what version are you playing on? I recall DW20 mentioning that Binnie was adding gate conditionals to his machines, around the time of 1.4.7
changes in EB v1.3.2b ...

examples: http://i.imgur.com/tRy6j.png
What the.. I'm in Unleashed 1.1.3 atm and there's no such options from the gates. And that's running EB 1.7+ Just the usual inventory and power options.
Am I doing something wrong? Are the new conditions limited to the higher tier gates like gold or diamond?

Last edited:

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
What the.. I'm in Unleashed 1.1.3 atm and there's no such options from the gates. And that's running EB 1.7+ Just the usual inventory and power options.
Am I doing something wrong? Are the new conditions limited to the higher tier gates like gold or diamond?

Now that I think about, I seem to recall DW20 saying something about Binnie "restoring" the gate conditionals -- or some suggestion that they went away and are coming back. They werent in Unleashed for me, though this is one task I like to do manually. If no-one confirms otherwise, I will check it out in 164 for you shortly (Building my bee room is tonite's task)

Reactions: groundhog

zCha0z

Jul 29, 2019
I might be 2000 and late with this but Fillers won't place or delete Bedrock and just would turn red if it detects a bedrock within the area selected? True or just a bug or never was it allowed to do any of those with the bedrock.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I might be 2000 and late with this but Fillers won't place or delete Bedrock and just would turn red if it detects a bedrock within the area selected? True or just a bug or never was it allowed to do any of those with the bedrock.
I believe if there's bedrock in the area it simply doesn't place a block there (fillers don't replace any blocks). It should still fill up everything else. If you're using the filler to clear the area, it will not destroy bedrock.

zCha0z

Jul 29, 2019
I believe so too with the bedrock being not destroyed, but after multiple test, when it come to placing, deleting or filling up a specific area with or when bedrock is present it's just not possible and would just make you filler stop.

Here as you see it won't delete or fill the empty space with dirt or bedrock because of that one bedrock over by the bottom right.
2013-11-26_22.17.45.png
But without the bedrock you can place, destroy or fill it up with anything as long as it's not bedrock as it would not work.
2013-11-26_22.19.50.png

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Question:
Direwolf20 had it fully automated using gate conditionals in his previous FC2 series.

HuelerMage

Jul 29, 2019
There is a node that is causing flux to spawn on my area.
What should i do?
I already planted 2 silver wood trees but i guess the bad node ate the aura ;.;

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There is a node that is causing flux to spawn on my area. What should i do?
Which version of Thaumcraft? It makes a big difference.

I'm going to assume TC3 on 1.4.7 or 1.5.2. There are a few things you can do.

1. Breed Pure Bees (takes a lot of bee breeding effort).
2. Plant and re-plant Silverwoods to make a big node that is far enough away that they will not get eaten, then use the Thaumcraft node moving gadget to merge them when it gets to be bigger than the bad node.
3. I have not tested this, but: you might be able to drain all the vis out of the bad node, and quickly plant-and-Hoe-of-Growth a Silverwood tree. This should cause the Silverwood tree node to eat the drained evil node, as it is the current vis level that determines who eats whom, not the maximum vis level of the node.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
TC or at least the addon Thaumic Tinker should add in a gun-like weapon that resembles those used by the Ghostbusters to drain nodes entirely and destroys them. From range.

Reactions: SpitefulFox