Ars Magica

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Took a quick look at the wiki, and it uses a journal fragment whenever you research a spell.
These fragments are found in guess? The ruins.
Constant worldgen can tax some servers, but the structures seem to be fairly common. I've even found spells in ice blocks in the ocean. On RR, and in my own 1.5 packs it never took more than 30 minutes to find 3-5 of these structures.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Just so you know, you don't need to know the spell recipe to craft a spell. If you guess the correct combination of runes you will get the spell and add it to you spell knowledge. Useless for spells with more than two or three runes in their recipe, but a lot of the lower tier spells can be found that way.

_momomo

Jul 29, 2019
I have played Ars Magica with the direwolf20 pack for a long time, stopped a month or two ago and started again, playing 1.4.7 of both driewolf and ars magicka. I noticed, that the fabricator essence is still kinda messed up. I can place one lapis block in there and create 9 lapis lazuli out of it for a cheaper cost then the crafted lapis block is worth, ergo unlimited essence with no effort. I could also just produce a dye, wool and push in colored wool, which is also more worth then the price of the raw material. Did that get fixed in the newer version of ars magicka? Also with xenos reliquary I can just dupe emeralds by using one lapis block, which will get me more mystcraft pages and in return more generated structures and raw material (i.e. diamond worlds).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have played Ars Magica with the direwolf20 pack for a long time, stopped a month or two ago and started again, playing 1.4.7 of both driewolf and ars magicka. I noticed, that the fabricator essence is still kinda messed up. I can place one lapis block in there and create 9 lapis lazuli out of it for a cheaper cost then the crafted lapis block is worth, ergo unlimited essence with no effort. I could also just produce a dye, wool and push in colored wool, which is also more worth then the price of the raw material. Did that get fixed in the newer version of ars magicka? Also with xenos reliquary I can just dupe emeralds by using one lapis block, which will get me more mystcraft pages and in return more generated structures and raw material (i.e. diamond worlds).

It is slightly better, but it's trivial to make power loops. Why does it matter though? How is an essence loop mechanically any different from a frame quarry if both take similar effort to automate? The big difference I see is that the frame quarry produces more varied resources per second but fewer of them, whereas you'd need either more automation or more human effort for an essence metal core.

sztamfater

Jul 29, 2019
wow i feel like not coming in for like a week my post turned into a argument post... but it isnt that easy to install and in my opinion it isnt that op since u must FIND them and its hard to do such and because it have cons of it like if u run out if mana it take time to get it back unless u use resources to get pots i been having trouble adding it. and I find it interesting to play with since it does need ur XP to get levels to increase ur mana