Ars Magica

sztamfater

Jul 29, 2019
When is Ars Magica getting added to the Direwolf20 pack? I REALLLY want to play with it ( i tried to add it in myself but it doesnt work)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Dire has said that he will be adding it when his pack migrates to 1.5, this is unlikely to happen without RP2, so you're waiting on that.
Adding it yourself you will need to grab the 1.4.7 version, which imo isn't so great but hey whatever. You will get ID conflicts though.

sztamfater

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i kinda get those conflicts but i am not a good reader either to change those stuff, i did before changed configs but i dont change much :p but Thanks but why is it without rp2? is it not yet near to be updated?

Gus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any news that Ars Magica will be added to the Ultimate Pack? If so please tell me.

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
slowpoke has officially stated (in the news thread linked above) that ars magica will NOT be included in the 1.5.1 ultimate pack. from what i understand, this is not an issue of compatibility, but rather a question of balance.

it is oh so terribly easy to add it yourself though. and i advise that you do. what a fun mod! :)

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully it doesn't get added to any packs. It's SOOOOO OP it's not even funny. It's like EE2 on steroids...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully it doesn't get added to any packs. It's SOOOOO OP it's not even funny. It's like EE2 on steroids...
Why is it OP?

I think it is very balanced.The only thingy that might be OP is the fire spell (fireball or something like that) when you have GT installed.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Why is it OP?

I think it is very balanced.The only thingy that might be OP is the fire spell (fireball or something like that) when you have GT installed.
All of the spells really LOL
IMO Although I would consider myself a hardcore player so I can't really say as to how an average player feels about it's OPness...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, that and the fabricator being able to make infinite resources cheaply. Done right, an automated Nexus is REALLY OP.

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
oh, i see what you did there, redboss, and i like it. :)

let's not turn this into yet another debate about o-penises.

ars magica is shit-tons-o-fun if you're into magic. if you think it's over-powered, don't use it. debate over.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
minecraft is a game.
Games are supposed to be fun (in general)
Ars Magica is fun.

Fuck your balance Greg.

Also, I play a modpack with both GT (hard mode) and Ars, and it works beautifully. Fuck your opinion of Oh Penis

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Your name already gives a clue that you hare a hardcore player
nah, it really doesn't.
lol, "1 PL4Y GR3GT3CH 1 R SO H4RDC0R3!" sounds soooo unbelievably pathetic. No matter which GT mode you play, that's not "hardcore" and to think that makes one an idiot :)