Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

DudeItsMat

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get storm? because it is disabled via config so i dont know how to change it. can someone help?

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Storm the red skill point? Chances are, its disabled by the server you are playing on via a config. If you are the server owner, change that config (srry I dont know which one). If you are not server owner, ask an op to spawn you the spell, in exchange for a red skill orb or something

Last edited:

DudeItsMat

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just today all of my spell made me get my burnout bar full. It was just today and all my spell just got more expensive to use

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica often changes the mana cost of ceartain spell components slightly...look up the changelog of the version you have and see if the update changed anything in your spell.

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
ummm... no it didn't
anyways has anybody come up with any good spells lately?
I haven't seen too many around here lately .-.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about that I personally have been on vacation, but in honor of summer, heres one:

Projectile|Zone|Touch|Ignition|Contingency:Fire|Self|Firestorm|Entangle

Note: This costs TONS of mana and bypasses pvp restrictions. Be careful, as it will kill you as well. For a simpler spell, replace firestorm with a different damage type.

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
I find beams really unreliable so I wondered what the best choice for a beam spell would be...
1.support (example:|beam|range x3)|aoe|radius x3|slow|duration x3|disarm|) any way to disable your opponent repeatedly is awesome :D
2.utility/mining (example:|beam|(AoE)|plant|grow|harvest|) would be better in Zone but you get the point
3.offensive (though I find it very bad at that PLEASE HELP SOS!) (example:|beam|explosion|any damage|) well it should just blow up everything .-.

Please give suggestions and feedback ^.^

4X4Y

Jul 29, 2019
My favorate spells are something like this:

Lock
Projectile|Zone|Duration|Touch|Entangle|Astral Distortion
An expensive but nasty spell which locks the target in place and then prevents them from casting spells or teleporting out, leaving them unable to leave the zone or attack with spells. Add any damage or disarming for additional value.

ProcFest:Skyfall
Zone|Zone|Zone|Chain|Entangle|Starstrike
An expensive (though cheaper than Lock) spell which creates a zone at your feet that creates zones that create zones that will lock people in place (and chain) and then proceed to smash roughly 13 starstrikes on them, if they manage to live that long. Not very effective due to the long startup delay (and partacle spam), but very cool to watch.

ProcFest:Firewall
Projectile|Wall|Wall|Touch|Fire Damage
This moderately cheap spell generates a thick wall of flames that after a short delay will prevent mobs such as zombies from walking through due to the knockback from the fire damage

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to unlock the new Silver spells in AM2 1.2? I was tinkering with how to unlock buff power and falling short, same with Prosperity.

Reactions: Cirom

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to unlock the new Silver spells in AM2 1.2? I was tinkering with how to unlock buff power and falling short, same with Prosperity.
there is a post somewhere in this thread with some of the am2 1.2 version silver spells

Zsashas

Jul 29, 2019
So after reading through the last couple of pages of this thread, it seems people don't understand how spell shapes work. So...
Self affects you. Not the spell itself, not the rune, not the person it hits, not the area of effect, YOU.
Just to throw this in there, Channelled is a continuously casting Self spell. Think like how Beam relates to Projectile but for yourself.
Touch affects something right in front of you. Like 1 block in front of you. It won't affect the target of a projectile at all unless you're literally in their face.
Stacking Zones won't make those zones make more zones. Why would it work like that?
Projectile and Touch in the same spell doesn't work like people seem to think. And in the new system it's different anyway.

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
So after reading through the last couple of pages of this thread, it seems people don't understand how spell shapes work. So...
Self affects you. Not the spell itself, not the rune, not the person it hits, not the area of effect, YOU.
Just to throw this in there, Channelled is a continuously casting Self spell. Think like how Beam relates to Projectile but for yourself.
Touch affects something right in front of you. Like 1 block in front of you. It won't affect the target of a projectile at all unless you're literally in their face.
Stacking Zones won't make those zones make more zones. Why would it work like that?
Projectile and Touch in the same spell doesn't work like people seem to think. And in the new system it's different anyway.

That is one of the unfortunate parts about this thread. Whether it is just from updates, or people not playing the mod, I can't trust much of the spells in this thread.

We might have to specify which version of AM2 when we list spells.

Reactions: DIMentia

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
That is one of the unfortunate parts about this thread. Whether it is just from updates, or people not playing the mod, I can't trust much of the spells in this thread.

We might have to specify which version of AM2 when we list spells.

Umm that is actually a good idea .-.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
My favorate spells are something like this:

Lock
Projectile|Zone|Duration|Touch|Entangle|Astral Distortion
An expensive but nasty spell which locks the target in place and then prevents them from casting spells or teleporting out, leaving them unable to leave the zone or attack with spells. Add any damage or disarming for additional value.

ProcFest:Skyfall
Zone|Zone|Zone|Chain|Entangle|Starstrike
An expensive (though cheaper than Lock) spell which creates a zone at your feet that creates zones that create zones that will lock people in place (and chain) and then proceed to smash roughly 13 starstrikes on them, if they manage to live that long. Not very effective due to the long startup delay (and partacle spam), but very cool to watch.

ProcFest:Firewall
Projectile|Wall|Wall|Touch|Fire Damage
This moderately cheap spell generates a thick wall of flames that after a short delay will prevent mobs such as zombies from walking through due to the knockback from the fire damage

You cannot use multiple of the same spell shape in a single spell.

Soulskulptor

Jul 29, 2019
Been awhile since I last checked this.

Been making some spells based on the Terror Knight from Tactics Ogre.

Drain Heart:
Grp1: Projectile; Grp2: Projectile, Aoe; Grp3: Projectile, Zone, Touch; Life Drain

Drain Mind
Grp1: Projectile; Grp2: Projectile, Aoe; Grp3: Projectile, Zone, Touch; Mana Drain

Version 1.2.0.21