Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
Well speaking of the new version of AM2 I should probably list one that I made here...

Sword of Dislocation (Somewhat based on TC4 dislocation foci)
Grp1: Binding(Sword), Touch; Grp2: Optional) Projectile; Appropriation
On first hit stores the mob in the spell and the second releases it. (Not really good for multiple hits since it will just store and release the mob) One use is when you are fighting a very hard mob, you just smack it and store it in the spell and then you can: 1.Dump it in lava 2. Put it in a suitable arena (Use the projectile when releasing it). No more stress fighting mobs anymore \o/. One more use is to put an Iron golem into the spell then you hit a mob with it, it will then release the iron golem/other helpful mob and help you fight it.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Well speaking of the new version of AM2 I should probably list one that I made here...

Sword of Dislocation (Somewhat based on TC4 dislocation foci)
Grp1: Binding(Sword), Touch; Grp2: Optional) Projectile; Appropriation
On first hit stores the mob in the spell and the second releases it. (Not really good for multiple hits since it will just store and release the mob) One use is when you are fighting a very hard mob, you just smack it and store it in the spell and then you can: 1.Dump it in lava 2. Put it in a suitable arena (Use the projectile when releasing it). No more stress fighting mobs anymore \o/. One more use is to put an Iron golem into the spell then you hit a mob with it, it will then release the iron golem/other helpful mob and help you fight it.

This could be good with utility mobs mod...

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
This could be good with utility mobs mod...
Well yes and the sword does actually not damage the mobs when you have the spell empty (quote this since sometimes they do take damage).

Playing around in creative I found a component called scramblesynapses which is probably a WIP component. But when I tried it, it made me go left when pressing the go right button and backwards when I pressed forwards. So I wonder if you could use it on mobs to make them go away from you instead of towards you. If not then it is probably an epic troll spell.

The Fury component from the offense tree is actually not a damaging skill. It makes you move very fast and hit much harder. When the effect runs out you are left with hunger and nausea. So a nice use would be this:
|Self|Fury|Buff Powerx3|duration x3| and as an addition we have |self|dispel|
So if you are wondering buff power increases the level of the potion effect. Slowness I + buff power x1 =slowness II

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about others, but here's one I use fairly frequently. It's not a heavy-hitting spell or anything but it certainly gets the job done:

--Efficiency Blade
Projectile (if you want the option to, it's cheap, why not?) | Bound Item(Sword) + Touch >> Drain Health, Drain Mana, Disarm
---Great for spamming against bosses on your own. Keeps you healed, hurts them, and tries to help refill some of the mana you lose from the health steal ^^
Random note: Disarm is there because it's pretty cheap mana-wise and if you get in a PvP situation...you'll thank me, later ^^ (Also if you fight mages any, you'll auto-get books and zombie drops, and enderman drops so...I win ^^)

--Holding Trap
Projectile -> Zone >> Drain Health, Drain Mana, Entangle, Poison, Ignite, (astral distortion as well if you want to stop teleport)
---Mostly used for holding mobs in one spot so you can use a more powerful high-level spell while they are stuck there. Does some decent damage, however

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about others, but here's one I use fairly frequently. It's not a heavy-hitting spell or anything but it certainly gets the job done:

--Efficiency Blade
Projectile (if you want the option to, it's cheap, why not?) | Bound Item(Sword) + Touch >> Drain Health, Drain Mana, Disarm
---Great for spamming against bosses on your own. Keeps you healed, hurts them, and tries to help refill some of the mana you lose from the health steal ^^
Random note: Disarm is there because it's pretty cheap mana-wise and if you get in a PvP situation...you'll thank me, later ^^ (Also if you fight mages any, you'll auto-get books and zombie drops, and enderman drops so...I win ^^)

--Holding Trap
Projectile -> Zone >> Drain Health, Drain Mana, Entangle, Poison, Ignite, (astral distortion as well if you want to stop teleport)
---Mostly used for holding mobs in one spot so you can use a more powerful high-level spell while they are stuck there. Does some decent damage, however
Efficiency Blade: It's a good spell but please note that it does NOT work against some of the bosses.
Holding Trap:Is poison a real spell component? If it is when was it added? Anyway you might want to add AoE after the Zone or else it wont work...

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Efficiency Blade: It's a good spell but please note that it does NOT work against some of the bosses.
Holding Trap:Is poison a real spell component? If it is when was it added? Anyway you might want to add AoE after the Zone or else it wont work...
Not against all, but in terms of the arcane boss I was fighting 15 levels under the recommended, I was knocking him around real good and only had to stall occasionally due to lack of mana. I didn't suffer any real issue with him.

To be entirely honest regarding the holding trap, I built that spell from memory and don't yet have it in my arsenal. Now, i know I've talked to Mithion on more than one occasion a poison component and could have SWORN I saw one in the other day under nature affinity, but I can't completely confirm it's in the occulus until I get home. Since when did Zone require AoE?! In Prealpha I know you had to Projectile -> Touch -> Zone but...AoE is expensive. e.o

I'm a bad person and haven't heavily tested Ars since waaay back when so especially how the new mechanics in 1.2 works with regards to power..I'm rusty and old. XD I'm used to throwing down a nexus, throwing a crystal refiner (whatever kills deficit) next to a couple batteries and making a massive charge/provider station for my whole base.

Last edited:

Quiso_Iceman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!
I cant get my multicomponent spells to work. (I want self>Heal>Regen)
In the shape group I put self
In components I put heal, then regen

It will always only cast the first spell, I have tried regen>Heal,
I have tried Self in shape group 1, SELF in shape group 2
Then Heal>Self>regen

I have tried SELF in shapegroup 1
Heal>Self>Regen in components

NOTHING Works, what am I doing wrong?

Please help me, its driving me crazy

best rgrds / Quiso

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
Not against all, but in terms of the arcane boss I was fighting 15 levels under the recommended, I was knocking him around real good and only had to stall occasionally due to lack of mana. I didn't suffer any real issue with him.

To be entirely honest regarding the holding trap, I built that spell from memory and don't yet have it in my arsenal. Now, i know I've talked to Mithion on more than one occasion a poison component and could have SWORN I saw one in the other day under nature affinity, but I can't completely confirm it's in the occulus until I get home. Since when did Zone require AoE?! In Prealpha I know you had to Projectile -> Touch -> Zone but...AoE is expensive. e.o

I'm a bad person and haven't heavily tested Ars since waaay back when so especially how the new mechanics in 1.2 works with regards to power..I'm rusty and old. XD I'm used to throwing down a nexus, throwing a crystal refiner (whatever kills deficit) next to a couple batteries and making a massive charge/provider station for my whole base.

you do not require AoE but it is the best option. you could use touch or another shape but it should not be a principum shape.

Hi all!
I cant get my multicomponent spells to work. (I want self>Heal>Regen)
In the shape group I put self
In components I put heal, then regen

It will always only cast the first spell, I have tried regen>Heal,
I have tried Self in shape group 1, SELF in shape group 2
Then Heal>Self>regen

I have tried SELF in shapegroup 1
Heal>Self>Regen in components

NOTHING Works, what am I doing wrong?

Please help me, its driving me crazy

best rgrds / Quiso

Well it seems like it doesnt work properly yet but you could try grp 1: self grp 2: grp 3: components:regen,self,heal
and you can put shapes into the component bar but only once.

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot use multiple of the same spell shape in a single spell.
But let's say you do a casting shape of proj -> zone -> touch in one of the shape boxes, in the actual spell box, couldn't you go projectile->zone->touch again so it'd be a zone that'd fire projectiles that'd make zones?

FlashFire

Jul 29, 2019
But let's say you do a casting shape of proj -> zone -> touch in one of the shape boxes, in the actual spell box, couldn't you go projectile->zone->touch again so it'd be a zone that'd fire projectiles that'd make zones?
no since a box can't hold more than 4 shapes/modifiers.
but you can make a wave|zone|aoe| spell that would make waves that makes zones...

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
I do projectile -> Blizzard + (Damage*3). If they arn't the water or winter guardian, tends to be fun to watch ^^

Instakills the arcane guardian if you use something to stop teleportation (forget component name)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with the new spell grammar in 1.2. I am trying to create a quarry type spell, but I can't seem to get it to dig more than a couple levels down. Duration symbols don't seem to have any affect, but 3 gravity symbols do seem to increase the depth to a whopping 4. Are the awesome quarry spells of earlier versions a thing of the past? Or is there a certain way to create these spells that I am missing. My Google-Fu must be weak because 90% of the info I can find is all old. Are there any *recent* tutorials or let's plays where people make more than just simple spells?

Last edited: