About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
coal coke is ant option, but not an actual requirement. i cant also remember ind blast being noticeably faster, without overclockers
It only takes somewhere around 10 seconds, I believe. Compared to RC's blast furnace, that's much faster, I thought. And the IBF has more use anyways.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
It only takes somewhere around 10 seconds, I believe. Compared to RC's blast furnace, that's much faster, I thought. And the IBF has more use anyways.
well, it would require some tests to be done to determine which is more faster, but it doesnt really matter, because they each have own niches to fit :)

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if you really need glow stone and don't know about the recipe, you can always find a village with a priest tower. Not that hard. Your first village will either net you steel or glow stoe a majority of the time.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if you really need glow stone and don't know about the recipe, you can always find a village with a priest tower. Not that hard. Your first village will either net you steel or glow stoe a majority of the time.
the thing is, if you played FTB ultimate at 1.4.7 MC version, you`d notice that finding a village is quite difficult, because of absurd extrabiomes world gen.
of course its not a thing in pack that doesnt have this mod, but it`s something to consider

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
the thing is, if you played FTB ultimate at 1.4.7 MC version, you`d notice that finding a village is quite difficult, because of absurd extrabiomes world gen.
of course its not a thing in pack that doesnt have this mod, but it`s something to consider

The thing is, I do play 1.1.2 ultimate so you're talking out of your ass and are simply bad at spotting villages. There are 4 within a 500 meter radius of my house, which are all in hilly,forested biomes including redwood forests. Stop jetting around staring at the mini map and look around on foot, which is the part of the game I'm referencing anyway. The probability of finding a village 500 meters from your home is higher than you think.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, I do play 1.1.2 ultimate so you're talking out of your ass and are simply bad at spotting villages. There are 4 within a 500 meter radius of my house, which are all in hilly,forested biomes including redwood forests. Stop jetting around staring at the mini map and look around on foot, which is the part of the game I'm referencing anyway. The probability of finding a village 500 meters from your home is higher than you think.
you had more luck with world gen than i did. now what?

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Now what? Your counter-argument to my initial point was worthless, and given its tone, I took the time to shut it down. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to get in long exchanges where the counter argument is 'its too hard and I don't like it.'. I gave you an alternate suggestion, take it or leave it, don't try to discredit my play experience as inferior in order to continue to legitimize this constant stream of complaining.

epicninja

Jul 29, 2019
Now what? Your counter-argument to my initial point was worthless, and given its tone, I took the time to shut it down. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to get in long exchanges where the counter argument is 'its too hard and I don't like it.'. I gave you an alternate suggestion, take it or leave it, don't try to discredit my play experience as inferior in order to continue to legitimize this constant stream of complaining.

It's not a court or a debate here dickhead -.- speak like a normal person. Seriously? 'Inferior', 'legitimise' 'counter-argument'. I can't even believe your fighting over a village thingy? If you hate what he says tell him to f*** off mate!

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, i send out sensitive legal documents related to taxes on a regular basis at work so precise words are part of how I talk. Its not meant to be condescending, just the way I talk.

Reactions: EternalDensity

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a court or a debate here dickhead -.- speak like a normal person. Seriously? 'Inferior', 'legitimise' 'counter-argument'. I can't even believe your fighting over a village thingy? If you hate what he says tell him to f*** off mate!
If you're just going to start attacking people over the way they speak, then you've not really understood the core of arguments.
It's called an "Ad Hominem".
Everywhere in life, but especially on the internet, which puts everyone on an equal footing, there will be people who speak differently. If your only fault with Runo is that he speaks differently from you (when perhaps he just had a higher level of education, or perhaps english is not your first language) then you should treat him the same as you treat others.
Personally, I have what I call "regular English" and "Exam English" which I picked up whilst practising for my GCSEs. On the forums, I use "Regular English" but if I wanted to I could sound much more condescending or "smart". It's just easier for me to speak this way.
In french, for example, there is the same idea; there is "Language Familiar" (What you use), "Language Courant" (what I'm using now), and "Language Soutenu" (what Runo uses).

What i'm trying to say is, you know nothing about Runo's life and yet you are arguing with him over how he speaks. What makes it worse is your blatant swearing, and your absolutely awful advice ("Iff you hate what he says tell him to f*** off") which only spreads stupidity and generally arguments.

Also, due to my deliberating and slow form of speech, this post is going to be longer than your answer. Sue me, but please, get a lawyer first.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It is my understanding that the (hopefully salient) point which I have been attempting to present, is that if one is able to make a Railcraft blast furnace (to enable production of steel), one must therefore have access to blaze powder in sufficient quantities, though a method such as the gathering of cinderpods. Given such a premise, it logically follows that one could instead repurpose the aforementioned blaze powder to the task of manufacturing a single firecharge. This requires but a single piece of blaze powder and thus provides a far swifter route to the creation of fire, and henceforth, passage to the nether where blaze powder can be gathered in far more generous quantities.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
That's a good point, I will admit. But apart from that, they're annoying. And slow.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)
Is the difference in speed making steel that big between blast furnace and non-overclocked industrial blast furnace? I made steel in an industrial blast furnace for the first time some days and it felt like a letdown because the time it took didn't seem that different from standard blast furnaces (which are hella cheap, and i generally have an overabundance of coal coke and/or charcoal).
Overclocked ind. blast furnace is another thing, but those have an insane energy drain.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Does the GT blast furnace require nether materials with all standard casings and no upgrades?
Even if so, you can easily get your macerator with the semi-secret gold-to-glowstone recipe.

The only problem with the semi-secret gold to glowstone recipe it that it requires gold dust. In order to get gold dust, you need a macerator. Without other mods in the picture, you have to get lucky with dungeon chests, or light the portal with wood and lava.

So, as it stands, ic2 + GT +ic2 add-ons only in a world is a large pain in the arse.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

All the villages on my server have been raided, same goes with abandoned mines and other such loot chests, cinderpearls are also extinct. And the server I play on, like many others has a map size border so no generating fresh chunks (this is done to save hardrive space and promote community play).
As far as the new players on my server (and most others) are concerned the world's limited and this is not an option.
Pending they don't find a random portal, they will need to beg for their first steel to get to the nether.

It's a moot point due to this craftable glowstone though.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
All the villages on my server have been raided, same goes with abandoned mines and other such loot chests, cinderpearls are also extinct. And the server I play on, like many others has a map size border so no generating fresh chunks (this is done to save hardrive space and promote community play).
As far as the new players on my server (and most others) are concerned the world's limited and this is not an option.
Pending they don't find a random portal, they will need to beg for their first steel to get to the nether.

People are kind of dicks to the testiphocates. Why must they be so mean?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
People are kind of dicks to the testiphocates. Why must they be so mean?
Dunno? Human nature?

But when I mean raided I don't necessarily mean killed.
On most server I have been on I am all like "Goodie! an unmolested villiage!" I check the usual chests and they are empty, and that block of glowstone and bookcases pilfered.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019

Just use a nether portal from another player then?

Status
Not open for further replies.