About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I just made my first legit titanium, woot! Then I was looking through NEI to see what recipes it has. You can use titanium to make pistons apparently. Gosh! Now I can rest my poor beleaguered iron supplies to make those valuable pistons.

Greg may not seem like the kind of guy you would want to have around all the time if all you wanted was an easy life, but at least he has a sense of humour.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I just made my first legit titanium, woot! Then I was looking through NEI to see what recipes it has. You can use titanium to make pistons apparently. Gosh! Now I can rest my poor beleaguered iron supplies to make those valuable pistons.

Greg may not seem like the kind of guy you would want to have around all the time if all you wanted was an easy life, but at least he has a sense of humour.
its called alternative recipe. i remember having like about 1k titanium and being short on iron. so such recipes are completely valid and have their niche.
he may have sense of humor, but he really lacks logic,

immibis

Jul 29, 2019

Well, titanium was useless apart from that at one point.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Titanium can be used to make mixed metal ingots more efficiently. Very useful for that, the multitude of choices might put you off but the recipes generally list from worst to best.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
My favourite mixed metal ingot recipe is steel/bronze/aluminium. It yields 3 which is good. I would never consider using titanium for pistons or mm ingots because of how scarce it is. I should probably start automining soon. At least I can make a quarry now though.

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
because.
if you are going to try that with generated packages lower that EV you also need to visit a doctor.

Tip: server load
There is no difference in 5 packets of 512 or 5 packets from 2048. You insinuate that it makes difference.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
There is no difference in 5 packets of 512 or 5 packets from 2048. You insinuate that it makes difference.

first its not 5 packets of 512 from 2048, its 4.
2nd the amount of producers to generate insane amount of packages mentioned early does make difference

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019

There is, however, a difference between 20 packets of 512 and 5 packets of 2048. The 20 packets of 512 cause more computational load than 5 of 2048, which is what I think Loufmier is trying to say.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
There is, however, a difference between 20 packets of 512 and 5 packets of 2048. The 20 packets of 512 cause more computational load than 5 of 2048, which is what I think Loufmier is trying to say.
you`re close on this :)

what i`m trying do deliver, that it will be less stressful for serverm if we generate a BIG packet(fusion reactor) then split it into bunch of smaller i.e. HV, than generating a bunch of HV packets(HV solars) directly.
i`m not even trying think about generating MV or LV and up stepping them :eek:

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
That's true. But, there is no generator except the plasma generator, which generates 2048EU/p.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I was the first guy to get platinum in one server.
Far developed person: "How did you do that?!"
Me: "I don't know, I only have a Powered Furnace and a Pulverizer..."
Turns out I got REALLY lucky with Ferrous Ore.

Isn't it like a 10% chance?

Claudia

Jul 29, 2019
It needs to have 1 more piece of metal over the 3 other pieces of metal on the top.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a metal. If you have some wood plates, which act just like planks, you can apply them to your machine faces for the same effect. The face will look like oak planks, and they won't blow up in the rain.

netchip

Jul 29, 2019
Every packet has a default size of bits (dunno if it are bits, never looked at the code), then, it doesn't matter what in the packet is, because it's a standard size (voltage). However, sending many packets, takes more bandwidth.

Every packet has a fixed size, and the contents don't matter. You just can't give it more contents than they can carry.

But many packets with a low voltage, equal one packet with a higher voltage (EU).

Note: this is all explained on a noobish manner, to make it comprehensive for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.