4x4x4 6-directional frame drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RainWarrior, Dec 25, 2012.

1. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

Here's my design with new frubes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can see how to build it here: http://imgur.com/a/EtsNO
    This design is spam-click-proof. 5 directions move on rising edge, 1 on falling, and unstucking happens with that same signal.
    People, share your designs. Let's find the best ones ;)
    Ako_the_Builder and DrCeph like this.
  2. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Popular Member

just watched odedex show off a 5x5 and he was convinced it wasn't going to get any smaller.

he's going to be shocked, wonder what happens when you two join up and make even better designs.
  3. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

He has a lot of wasted space in the middle, and doesn't use frubes, which helped me a lot. Also i grouped all the engines in one cluster and that way got rid of the blutricity problem.
  4. vertigo_etrex

vertigo_etrex New Member

Awesome job with this. Works perfect and is actually pretty cheap to make! Looking forward to see what else you can come up with.
  5. ICountFrom0

I love how these things go, better and better designs happen over time.
  6. wizy

wizy Member

hmm i guess i can make this as a base motor for my underground moving base ( would only need to add the transformation engines for changing direction of blockbreakers and all the computer methods) ?
  7. T3amTact1cal

T3amTact1cal Member

Sorry I'm brand new to mod packs, but wdf does this do :eek: . Only thing I know it does is move which is freaking awesome.
  8. ICountFrom0

It moves EVERYTHING, Anywhere.

Now the next step is to include a cave spider spawner, and pressure plates.

With that, the spiders will follow the nearest player, and you should be able to rig the structure to follow you.

Now put a Beacon on it, or 5.
    EchoEcho likes this.
  9. EchoEcho

EchoEcho New Member

Someone please do this.
  10. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

ApSciLiara, Entropy and ICountFrom0 like this.
  11. gusgillis1

gusgillis1 Active Member

Well the reason he doesnt use frubes is because they didnt exist back then.... so yeah :p
  12. ICountFrom0

this was after the frube update of redpower and it is designed for a frube based mining head.

It's just that we are looking at the first and second generations of compact worm drives.
  13. Entropy

Entropy Active Member

Holy cow RainWarrior, that's actually genius. Do you have to jump, or can you just walk up? I like this new drive, it's small and compact, and you can just hook it up to a frame platform and go. No more having to design the frame machine with a drive in mind. I like the modular approach to frames, and this drive is perfect for it.
  14. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

You can just walk up. With jumping you can get 8 blocks up:
    [​IMG]
    or even higher by using cover corners, but simple ladders will be easier in that case :)
  15. Loldudester

Loldudester New Member

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed the instructions exactly, but it simply refuses to do anything...
  16. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

1. Check if you actually added batbox, or some kind of blulectric power source
    2. Check all panels/covers
    3. Wireless receivers should have frequencies set-up, and you must provide corresponding signals with wireless transmitters
    4. Post some screenshots so we can actually look and see what's wrong :)
  17. Dircome

Dircome Member

Nice design I made a fairly simple modification to it. It allowed me to be able to charge the battery box using an Ender chest and a filter/retriever setup. If anyone wants to know how i did it ill take it apart and show you level by level
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DrCeph and RainWarrior like this.
  18. RainWarrior

RainWarrior Member

Great design!

Here's bundled cable version of the drive:
    [​IMG]
    And deployer/block breaker batbox setup. It uses 3 additional wireless signals(break, filter full batboxes and deploy). Last 2 signals could be replaced by the engine-activating signal from the long frube on the other side.[​IMG]
  19. Democretes

Democretes Over-Achiever Mod Developer

I accepted your challenge, but I'm having trouble with up down. Motors don't seem to do what I want. For how it works, turtles. One has a screwdriver to change the orientation of the bottom motor so that it sends the other motors back to their location.

Attached Files:

20. Supremeone

Supremeone Member

is there a movie some were whit this ting in action , becous i cant seem to get it to work , becous wen i command one of the dishes , it moves one of the engines but it dont come back like in my other set ups but there i use redwire to command the second one to pusthe rest forward wich i dont see how that is supost ot work here