4x4x4 6-directional frame drive

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my design with new frubes:
GcWNLh.jpg

KyPlch.jpg

DVite.jpg

You can see how to build it here: http://imgur.com/a/EtsNO
This design is spam-click-proof. 5 directions move on rising edge, 1 on falling, and unstucking happens with that same signal.
People, share your designs. Let's find the best ones ;)

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
just watched odedex show off a 5x5 and he was convinced it wasn't going to get any smaller.

he's going to be shocked, wonder what happens when you two join up and make even better designs.
He has a lot of wasted space in the middle, and doesn't use frubes, which helped me a lot. Also i grouped all the engines in one cluster and that way got rid of the blutricity problem.

vertigo_etrex

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome job with this. Works perfect and is actually pretty cheap to make! Looking forward to see what else you can come up with.

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i guess i can make this as a base motor for my underground moving base ( would only need to add the transformation engines for changing direction of blockbreakers and all the computer methods) ?

T3amTact1cal

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I'm brand new to mod packs, but wdf does this do :eek: . Only thing I know it does is move which is freaking awesome.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
It moves EVERYTHING, Anywhere.

Now the next step is to include a cave spider spawner, and pressure plates.

With that, the spiders will follow the nearest player, and you should be able to rig the structure to follow you.

Now put a Beacon on it, or 5.

Reactions: EchoEcho

EchoEcho

Jul 29, 2019
It moves EVERYTHING, Anywhere.

Now the next step is to include a cave spider spawner, and pressure plates.

With that, the spiders will follow the nearest player, and you should be able to rig the structure to follow you.

Now put a Beacon on it, or 5.

Someone please do this.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
He has a lot of wasted space in the middle, and doesn't use frubes, which helped me a lot. Also i grouped all the engines in one cluster and that way got rid of the blutricity problem.
Well the reason he doesnt use frubes is because they didnt exist back then.... so yeah :p

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Holy cow RainWarrior, that's actually genius. Do you have to jump, or can you just walk up? I like this new drive, it's small and compact, and you can just hook it up to a frame platform and go. No more having to design the frame machine with a drive in mind. I like the modular approach to frames, and this drive is perfect for it.

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
Holy cow RainWarrior, that's actually genius. Do you have to jump, or can you just walk up? I like this new drive, it's small and compact, and you can just hook it up to a frame platform and go. No more having to design the frame machine with a drive in mind. I like the modular approach to frames, and this drive is perfect for it.
You can just walk up. With jumping you can get 8 blocks up:
1upkk.jpg

or even higher by using cover corners, but simple ladders will be easier in that case :)

Loldudester

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed the instructions exactly, but it simply refuses to do anything...

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I followed the instructions exactly, but it simply refuses to do anything...

1. Check if you actually added batbox, or some kind of blulectric power source
2. Check all panels/covers
3. Wireless receivers should have frequencies set-up, and you must provide corresponding signals with wireless transmitters
4. Post some screenshots so we can actually look and see what's wrong :)

Dircome

Jul 29, 2019
Nice design I made a fairly simple modification to it. It allowed me to be able to charge the battery box using an Ender chest and a filter/retriever setup. If anyone wants to know how i did it ill take it apart and show you level by level
a7Fqt.png

p8xzL.png

RainWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
Nice design I made a fairly simple modification to it. It allowed me to be able to charge the battery box using an Ender chest and a filter/retriever setup. If anyone wants to know how i did it ill take it apart and show you level by level
Great design!

Here's bundled cable version of the drive:
Rflll.jpg

And deployer/block breaker batbox setup. It uses 3 additional wireless signals(break, filter full batboxes and deploy). Last 2 signals could be replaced by the engine-activating signal from the long frube on the other side.
7hEzk.jpg

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I accepted your challenge, but I'm having trouble with up down. Motors don't seem to do what I want. For how it works, turtles. One has a screwdriver to change the orientation of the bottom motor so that it sends the other motors back to their location.

Attachments

• 3x3 4 Directional Quarry.png
    3x3 4 Directional Quarry.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 109

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
is there a movie some were whit this ting in action , becous i cant seem to get it to work , becous wen i command one of the dishes , it moves one of the engines but it dont come back like in my other set ups but there i use redwire to command the second one to pusthe rest forward wich i dont see how that is supost ot work here

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019

Mate I think everyone would appreciate it if you did. The charging problem was the only issue I saw with Rainwarriors design yet you've managed to solve it and still keep it in the size range!

Also, a related idea: if you didn't want to use it as the engine kernel for a larger machine, plonking an REther turtle in there near the top would be a great way to keep it all self-contained and minimalist.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
The charging problem was the only issue I saw with Rainwarriors design(..)

Well if space isn't a concern, style it up with some wind:

199XD.jpg

If curious what's underneath, this current (creative mode) WIP is just trying to move around a simple 12x12 Miner array (covers an 18x18 mining footprint), powered by GT Thermals:

s5Mh7.png

Right now its just relays and frubes dumping ore into a chest. Ultimately:
  • Retrieval of the drills / mining pipes (pipes are easy, the relay grabs them as soon as the drills are removed)
  • Replacement of the drills / pipes (on command)
  • Lava container management for the Thermals
  • Ore processing on platform (TE powered by extra RP wind?)
  • Replace wireless with CPU
  • Stumble through FORTH, raid liquor cabinet, etc.
Thank you for the drive rig, Rain - that saved me some money.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my design with new frubes:

[snip]

You can see how to build it here: http://imgur.com/a/EtsNO
This design is spam-click-proof. 5 directions move on rising edge, 1 on falling, and unstucking happens with that same signal.
People, share your designs. Let's find the best ones ;)

Hi, sweet design, far better than my attempt to make one of these. I've made it in my let's play and have done a separate video of me putting it together, all credit given to you in both video descriptions. I've posted the build video here as the pictures are good but a video might help some people a bit (the pictures are very easy to follow btw).

Please let me know if you'd rather me not post the video or upload it at all, I can remove it from the thread and make it private on youtube if you'd prefer.

Thanks again for the design.