[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, depends on how long ago you played.
Anyways, i've discovered what could potentially be a big issue.
If you've been using a ghetto massive smeltery for ore automation, all your lead is going to dissapear when you update, as it is industrialcraft 2 lead.. Perhaps you should give a warning before updating? Provide an oredictionary in the questbook?

You can craft that yourself. Its called "Forge Lexicon", with that you can change most items to their other ore dictionary versions.
There is also the MFR Unifier if you want to automate things. It works for both items and liquids.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Another note on performance issues:
Only started the last couple of days, but digging too much in the nether seems to spawn "ghost" hellfish (or whatever their name is, I cannot fo rhte life of me remember atm). I certainly don't see any ever, but the console becomes spammed with JourneyMap complaining that it can't find the UID for them, along with near frozen lag. Then, last night when I attempted to fight a wither after restarting my entire computer, the overworld where I had saved was fine, but the instant I hit the nether it dropped to around 5 fps and hovered there, and once the wither started destroying terrain hellfish did indeed spawn, but the fps dropped further. I eventually had to save and quit, and then End Task the entirety of the FTB launcher because it was stuck with the console still showing nothing but UID-less hellfish.
Here's the line that goes on for MANY pages of the notepad doc:
[02:53:32] [JM-task-12/WARN] [journeymap/]: Can't find UID for block powercrystals.netherores.world.BlockHellfish@31fea78b

I'll try removing JM for a bit later on, see if that helps. I also seem to remember something about this from the Regrowth modpack, so a solution may be found there as well.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Another note on performance issues:
Only started the last couple of days, but digging too much in the nether seems to spawn "ghost" hellfish (or whatever their name is, I cannot fo rhte life of me remember atm). I certainly don't see any ever, but the console becomes spammed with JourneyMap complaining that it can't find the UID for them, along with near frozen lag. Then, last night when I attempted to fight a wither after restarting my entire computer, the overworld where I had saved was fine, but the instant I hit the nether it dropped to around 5 fps and hovered there, and once the wither started destroying terrain hellfish did indeed spawn, but the fps dropped further. I eventually had to save and quit, and then End Task the entirety of the FTB launcher because it was stuck with the console still showing nothing but UID-less hellfish.
Here's the line that goes on for MANY pages of the notepad doc:
[02:53:32] [JM-task-12/WARN] [journeymap/]: Can't find UID for block powercrystals.netherores.world.BlockHellfish@31fea78b

I'll try removing JM for a bit later on, see if that helps. I also seem to remember something about this from the Regrowth modpack, so a solution may be found there as well.
i remember some memory about the login message from nether ores saying it fixed or tried to fix this issue in the next version of nether ores

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
It's so easy to get blaze rods. Just explore one of those rogue dungeons that go down to "nether level" and grab the blaze spawners with a diamond dolly.
Slap it in a room and boom, instant blaze farm. Does not even need the nether since it was "overworld" spawned.
Done. Was a goal I was going to do later on. Now I got one room, with a skeleton and blaze spawner, being harvested by a Grinder. Hands-free solar power, will use the blaze rods (I have an upgraded Igneous Extruder for obsidian, and Ender-lily ender core farm for Ender Pearls) to make an Ender Chest, and use that to auto-import to my AE system.

using a nether spawner. yes, they work in overworld, as someone else said.

if anyone's curious how the blaze rod spawner is, it's a 5x5 room, darkened by Extra Utils Dark Glass, with a small "buffer" room surrounding it with water on the ground. nothing can spawn on water, regarding vanilla Spawners.

M

Mecha_Zed

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but when is the deadline for 0.13? :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
, as it is industrialcraft 2 lead
Strange, it should be defaulting to TE lead. I will have a warning up probably tonight about the update and things to note.

just a reminder, due to the addition of matter overdrive (which adds new ores), you are gonna have a not so fun time trying to mine those ores unless you start a new world( or force regen chunks).
You could also explore ungenerated chunks. The ores will be in the Corporate Shop as well.

"ghost" hellfish
I think this is fixed in the update, needs some testing.

mjohnab

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to form the reinforced blast furnace from immersive engineering? I can't find the recipe for steel plates or the reinforced blast bricks.

Edit: nvm, looks like the version of IE in this pack is pretty old. May not have been introduced yet.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to form the reinforced blast furnace from immersive engineering? I can't find the recipe for steel plates or the reinforced blast bricks.
Not in 0.1.2, 0.1.3 has the update for the mod that has the reinforced blast furnace.

mjohnab

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. We're having fun with the pack. I just updated IE, hope I didn't break anything :)

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
So, I wanted to use Compacting drawers to store my metals and this happened... Edit: I am on the 0.1.3 Beta version.

For Tin I used the Thermal Foundation version and it is giving back copper nuggets. Weird ore dictionary behavior.

Further testing showed that storing more Rotten Flesh increases the number of available iron ingots.

2016_04_02_23_31_07.png

2016_04_02_23_37_49.png

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I wanted to use Compacting drawers to store my metals and this happened... Edit: I am on the 0.1.3 Beta version.

For Tin I used the Thermal Foundation version and it is giving back copper nuggets. Weird ore dictionary behavior.

Further testing showed that storing more Rotten Flesh increases the number of available iron ingots.

2016_04_02_23_31_07.png

2016_04_02_23_37_49.png
Oh dangit, I had forgotten about those functions. Gotta blacklist a buncha entries.

carbry

Jul 29, 2019
hi !
beta 0.1.3
(sorry i'm french .... not perfect english )
i like very much your modpack :)
conflict recipe: doggy style : dog whistle 7226 = raw handle 6927:11 steve's cart 2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

2016_04_02_23_31_07.png

2016_04_02_23_37_49.png

Oh dangit, I had forgotten about those functions. Gotta blacklist a buncha entries.

im curious how rotten flesh became equal to iron nuggets , same fmc ? so they were marked as equal ferret oredictionary tags

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Quick note - There is still Prog auto/armourers rewards/bags in the blind bags.

Also, love the new trade system. But now my sapling farm is useless that i used to get trade chits with before. Got to find a new system .. :<

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
im curious how rotten flesh became equal to iron nuggets , same fmc ? so they were marked as equal ferret oredictionary tags
Yeah, more or less. FMC25 (Material). I didn't have the same issue with normal storage drawers stacking them, but for some odd reason Compacting Drawers were.

JABBA barrels, by design, only look for ore dictionary listings starting with : ore, dust, nugget, or ingot.

Quick note - There is still Prog auto/armourers rewards/bags in the blind bags.
Ooops, thank you for reminding me!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I made a cool thing that was displayed on stream. It's a cascading miner from aura cascade powered by a ghostwood tree farm and a single igneous extruder. The build uses many mods in its construction, mostly enderIO, but I also use MFR for the treefarm, JABBA and storage drawers for ingredient/arrow storage, RFTools to destroy and rebuild the room and for all the autocrafting involved, I also used mekanism to turn the cobble into graven and a SAG mill to turn the gravel into flint. I then use computercraft to control the whole thing. The best production rate I've reached is from letting it run for an hour. It produces around 20 ores per minute and uses 16 arrows per minute. The best part? It's easily expandable. You can have plenty of miners operating on the one treefarm. The one I have doesn't even dent the production when running. I could easily run eight of these miners at once. No problem.

Reactions: Lethosos
M

Mephitblue

Quick question. Will the FTB Launcher be updated with 0.1.3, or do we need to use the MultiMC program if we want to move to the latest version?