[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan - Do you perhaps have a rough rough estimate on when next update is? Kind of holding off current play session until patch since trading will get such a big revamp.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Recipe tweak suggestion: allow JABBA's "Sticker" recipe to accept Raw Rubber, in place of slime/goo (in the middle of four paper).

Reactions: An0nymuS

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan - Do you perhaps have a rough rough estimate on when next update is? Kind of holding off current play session until patch since trading will get such a big revamp.
Computer issues and RL issues keep delaying me. I wanted to spend half a day or so doing a world from the start to check things, did that, and have some things I found that I need to fix as well (thank goodness I did that)

Trying for the beta tomorrow but, again, no promises.

Reactions: Orma
M

MokahTGS

Computer issues and RL issues keep delaying me. I wanted to spend half a day or so doing a world from the start to check things, did that, and have some things I found that I need to fix as well (thank goodness I did that)

Trying for the beta tomorrow but, again, no promises.

Is there an updated mod list for .1.3?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
So is anyone else having their game freeze on them when they NEI search "tank" or is my computer being stupid?
no its a common issue with a reletively simple config change to fix it (basically the issue is render lag )

simple fix : open mekinism configs > prefilled tanks: false

the config line is this one after set to false
"B:refilledPortableTanks=false" without the quote marks of course

if it is not a modpack default already and not planned for next version ,can this please be the default Caigan ?

Reactions: Mlukvai

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I found out the memory leak we were having on the server: ender quarry.

Ender Quarry running: Server runs out of memory in a day.
No Ender Quarry running? Server doesn't run out of memory, even after a couple weeks.

Reactions: Mlukvai

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
no its a common issue with a reletively simple config change to fix it (basically the issue is render lag )

simple fix : open mekinism configs > prefilled tanks: false

the config line is this one after set to false
"B:refilledPortableTanks=false" without the quote marks of course

if it is not a modpack default already and not planned for next version ,can this please be the default Caigan ?

Awesome, thanks for this

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh, right I just remembered. Would it be possible to keep NEI from showing all of the cover versions of blocks? It makes it harder to search for Chisel things, and I seem to recall it causing issues in other packs if it wasn't turned off.

T

Teoman

I don't know what to do ... Can someone help me ?
PS: I'm on a OSX Computer

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-03-31 à 16.24.56.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-03-31 à 16.24.56.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 77

ShowYourSkill

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with FluxedCrystals2 Gem Cutter. After i place it, it becomes invisible and i cant use it, tried it on multiple worlds and without texturepack. Would be very nice if some1 knew a fix for that :)

PS: fixed it now by placing a second gem cutter right "into" the first one. This way the first one became visible while the newly placed one became invisible. But atleast i can use the visible Gem Cutter now :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
THE FERRET BUSINESS 0.1.3 BETA!

CLIENT BETA
SERVER BETA
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Welcome to the beta for 0.1.3. There are a lot of changes I will highlight in the following post! Please make note of them, even if you do not play the beta, as they are important changes! For a full list of current changes, refer to the CHANGELOG DOCUMENT please!

HQM RESET
First and to get it out of the way, you'll need to reset your HQM progress in established worlds. There is not much I can do about this, unfortunately. Please refer to the Known Issues document for instructions.

THE MODS GOING AWAY
Industrial Craft 2, Compact Solars, Progressive Automation, Armourer's Workshop, and Project Zulu are being removed.

They are being dropped for a number of reasons. A big part is due to the major survey I did a while back. I gave my reasons a while back on why most of these are being removed, but its good to do a quick reminder :
IC2/Compact Solars : A mod that really hasn't really kept up with the time, nor has it changed itself much in a favorable way.

Progressive Automation
: In a mod heavy pack, this is very overshadowed by so many other things. It fits better in a "vanilla" leaning pack.

Armourer's Workshop : Another not favorably voted. This was on the edge, but its load profile pushed it over into being removed.

Project Zulu : I had about 4 creatures from this disabled already due to issues, and more being disabled with this udpate. Seeing as how this mod hasn't been updated in a while, it's a good bet these issues will not be resolved.

THE MODS BEING REPLACED
Solar Flux will be removed, and replaced with Solar Expansion. The latter has many more options to it, and makes it a valid alternative for major power generation, due to the changes on Big Reactors (more on this later), and the addition of Matter Overdrive.

THE MODS BEING ADDED
So, there are a few mods being added with this update. All combined, they provide a smaller load profile than all the other mods that were removed. They, likewise, add some missing elements back into the pack

Matter Overdrive : A Star Trek inspired mod, which gives a lot of content to the game from start to end game, including a nice alternate to Big Reactors power gen.

Catwalks 2 : A very tiny mod that adds a few nice functional structures.

Grimoire of Gaia : Since Lycanite's was removed, there's been a lack of danger in the world. Many folks were requesting Lycanite's return, or the addition of something like Special Mobs. Grimoire of Gaia adds a bunch of friendly, neutral, and evil creatures to the world, that fit the Minecraft aesthetic a bit better than Lycanite's did.

Exotic Birds : To give the world a more lively feel, another mod being added is EB. These birds can be hunted or tamed as pets.

Doggy Style : Another mod to make the world feel more alive, Doggy Style adds a wide selection of canines to the world you can find and tame, to help protect you.

THE MODS THAT RISE AGAIN
Thanks to an awesome person, there is now a new mod called Binnie Patcher, which enables the return of Binnies Mods : Better Bees, Better Trees, etc! More bees to breed, more trees to crossbreed, etc!

REVAMPED AND REBUILT : THE NEW TRADER SYSTEM
The Supply and Production Contract system has been completely rebuilt. Originally it was sort of a placeholder system I put a decent amount of time into creating, while working in the background on how the new system will work. Now it's time to introduce the proper system I've been planning, which is split into three parts

Supply and Demand : This is the big one I've been talking about. The goal will be to have around 95% of all obtainable items in a mod be crateable and shippable. You use the same crates as you had in the old system, but crating things works slightly differently now :

0zZsXn8.png

Items are split between roughly 15 catagories.

Bulk Order Contract
: These are special contracts that can drop rarely from most creatures. They come in four tiers, like Blind Bags do : Cheap, Decent, Good, and Amazing.

jAUnXAs.png

cJdU41z.png

Each one will ask you to craft a certain number of items. These items will range from specific items (5 iron ingots), a general type of item (10 weapons), a rough value (5 ingots between 200 and 500 FMC each), or entire crates (one 2,000 FMC Material Crate).

The average FMC value and payout for these contracts are as follows :
  • Cheap : 10,000 FMC Value, Pays 13 Coins and 2 Trader Chits (125% payout)
  • Decent : 50,000 FMC Value, Pays 75 Coins and 15 Trader Chits (150% payout)
  • Good : 500,000 FMC Value, Pays 875 Coins and 175 Trader Chits (175% payout)
  • Amazing : 2,000,000 FMC Value, Pays 4,000 Coins, 800 Trader Chits (200% payout)
Mass Order Contracts: The final part of the Trader system revamp are Mass Contracts. These are quests that utilize the QDS, or Quest Delivery System block in HQM, in which you connect any sort of item piping system to, and fill large volume orders of one or two items at a time. These will ask for no less than 1,000 items to be completed, and can be repeated.

The payout for these is roughly 150% to 200% of the base FMC value, depending on complexity of the items.

------------

My plan is to give folks the weekend to bounce around in the update, and I will submit it, barring any serious issues, on Monday.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
SOME QUICK NOTES ABOUT THE BETA

Just some important things to note :
  • There are now LESS quests than in 0.1.2, but only by a small amount. With the removal of Progressive Automation and Armourer's Workshop, those quests are now blanked and will be used elsewhere.
  • There are only five of each tier of Bulk Order Contract right now. I will add more before the end of beta.
  • There is only one Mass Order Contract available right now. More will definitely be added.
  • Only some mods have their items FMC Valued right now. There are also common resources and items found in the world that have value as well. More items will be valued before the end of beta, and even more with each update.
  • If I have the time, I'll try to get a small questline or two added, but I make no big promises here.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Mass Order Contracts: The final part of the Trader system revamp are Mass Contracts. These are quests that utilize the QDS, or Quest Delivery System block in HQM, in which you connect any sort of item piping system to, and fill large volume orders of one or two items at a time. These will ask for no less than 1,000 items to be completed, and can be repeated.
Do we need to be careful not to over-submit to the QDS? I seem to remember an issue with the system where it would keep accepting (and therefore deleting) items even after the assigned quest was complete or full, though I think that problem was later limited to liquids in the packs it was causing the most trouble in.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
*reads changelog*
apparently u need terrasteel for high dmg tinkers blades now before u unlock draconic evolution (fitting botania is one of the earlier questlines that was "finished")
big reactor changes : 8x fuel consumption,-50% power production ,-40% yellowium ore veins,-50%yellowium ore in each vein
+100% gold veins +20% gold in veins , max height change to 35
+25% lapis veins +25% more lapis ores per vein avg height changed to 25
x5 to digiminer energy usage
Morph flight now needs a witherboss kill