[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone assist a dumb-dumb? My first time using steelworks, wanting to make loads of steel. NEI says I need 200mb of liquid coal and 144mb of molten iron. I don't have any liquid coal in my high oven and I'm able to make 2 steel ingots per iron ore I put in there. Is it bugged or am I doing things wrong?

Motus

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone assist a dumb-dumb? My first time using steelworks, wanting to make loads of steel. NEI says I need 200mb of liquid coal and 144mb of molten iron. I don't have any liquid coal in my high oven and I'm able to make 2 steel ingots per iron ore I put in there. Is it bugged or am I doing things wrong?
I have never heard of the recipe with liquid coal, but I have used the other one on my world, several times.

Schredder

Jul 29, 2019
i just found another issue. In 1.0.8 i connected a reactor power tap to my mfsu by a rednet power cable. In 1.1.1 i saw that the mfsu got no more power. So i removed the rednet power cable and set a capacitor bank next to the power tap and connected that to my mfsu by an ic2 cable (i tried gold and hv). So i have a similar setup to the one Gideonseymour shows in the sreenshot. The cable connects to the capacitator bank, but the capacitator bank does not emit any power. What could be the problem?
Edit: The capacitator bank is full, and the side connected to the ic2 cable is configured as output. The bank is configured to emit max. 5000 RF/t and always emit.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Motus

Jul 29, 2019
Just had the strangest bug, when using my ME crafting terminal I usually have it set on number of items and when I started typing this happened. Also it seems to work fine when set the terminal is sorted by item name.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2015-05-14 17.17.58.png
    Skærmbillede 2015-05-14 17.17.58.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 64

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I just encountered my biggest pet peeve in this pack. Blue Power volcanoes... holy crap, so ugly. I've never hated any worldgen this much. These volcanoes need to get punched in the throat.

Can I disable the volcanoes without any repercussions? It looks like Botania has Basalt. Can it replace the volcano basalt from BP?

EDIT: It looks like there is a recipe in NEI to make basalt cobble, which can be smelted to make basalt. I THINK I should be good to disable the visual abominations. If I am not thinking of something, let me know.

Last edited:

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to load the Dark Trilogy. I have completely deleted the modpack and reinstalled. I have changed my perm gen size and allotted more RAM. Nothing seems to work. Here is the most current log. Note that all logs stop after sapphire ore gen.

http://pastebin.com/VhA4CM9b

As an owner for a server group that hosts TDT this is a huge issue. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Just had the strangest bug, when using my ME crafting terminal I usually have it set on number of items and when I started typing this happened. Also it seems to work fine when set the terminal is sorted by item name.
What is that even? Okay, I've got that on my list.
I just encountered my biggest pet peeve in this pack. Blue Power volcanoes... holy crap, so ugly. I've never hated any worldgen this much. These volcanoes need to get punched in the throat.

Can I disable the volcanoes without any repercussions? It looks like Botania has Basalt. Can it replace the volcano basalt from BP?

EDIT: It looks like there is a recipe in NEI to make basalt cobble, which can be smelted to make basalt. I THINK I should be good to disable the visual abominations. If I am not thinking of something, let me know.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am unable to load the Dark Trilogy. I have completely deleted the modpack and reinstalled. I have changed my perm gen size and allotted more RAM. Nothing seems to work. Here is the most current log. Note that all logs stop after sapphire ore gen.

http://pastebin.com/VhA4CM9b

As an owner for a server group that hosts TDT this is a huge issue. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
You're running one of tfox's versions - not one of mine. Try updating?

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Bloodytears, what are the exact conditions for this?
Does it happen when just loading the game? When creating a world? Loading an existing world?

I can tell you that I also get the Bluepower errors, and my game works just fine.
The last few parts of the log are difficult to compare with mine, as I'm probably running a different version than you.
One thing I do not get is the "Failed to create block (BlockDistributor)" error.

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running v.1.0.8 and I just try to load the pack. I don't even get to the Login screen. It just sits indefinitely on the Mojang screen.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I suggest waiting longer when that happens. Usually, if you've got the proper amount of RAM and memory allocated, it'll eventually get to the main menu. And, once again, I also suggest updating the pack.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like the game was just loading still...
As Gideon said, it takes quite a while. New versions of FML have a loading screen, but the version in 1.0.8 does not.
How long have you waited?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I don't make AE systems often. How do I start it? NEI shows I need an Inscriber in order to make the processor I need for the ME controller, but I can't power the Inscriber until I get an ME network powered up. I can't do that without a controller.

Someone tell me how I'm being dumb.

Schredder

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I don't make AE systems often. How do I start it? NEI shows I need an Inscriber in order to make the processor I need for the ME controller, but I can't power the Inscriber until I get an ME network powered up. I can't do that without a controller.

You don't need a running ME-Network in order to power the inscriber. You can power it with a vibrant chamber, which is powered with all stuff you can power furnace with.
Maybe you can power the inscriber whith an energy acceptor powered by RF or EU, but i didn't test it. Since you need the energy acceptor anyway to build the vibrant chamber, a test would do no damage.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a running ME-Network in order to power the inscriber. You can power it with a vibrant chamber, which is powered with all stuff you can power furnace with.
Maybe you can power the inscriber whith an energy acceptor powered by RF or EU, but i didn't test it. Since you need the energy acceptor anyway to build the vibrant chamber, a test would do no damage.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks!