[1.7.10][Thaumcraft Addon] Witching Gadgets

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
So where do I find an error log?
Usually in your console, but alas, the average user doesn't keep that open when playing the game, so you'd probably find it in "logs", a folder located where "mods" is found as well.
The file you're looking for is "latest.log" which can be opened with any text editor, like Notepad (or preferably, Notepad++)

TheBeastOver9000

Jul 29, 2019
Usually in your console, but alas, the average user doesn't keep that open when playing the game, so you'd probably find it in "logs", a folder located where "mods" is found as well.
The file you're looking for is "latest.log" which can be opened with any text editor, like Notepad (or preferably, Notepad++)
Yeah, but that log WAS from that folder as I remember.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but that log WAS from that folder as I remember.
Alright, let me rephrase: I cannot help you without an actual crashlog. If you'Re unable to show me that crashlog, I most definetly cannot help you. The problem being, that crashlogs inform me what mod errored and crashed at what point and without that, I'm unable to look for the possible error on my part.
Try to reproduce the error, keep the console open and then give me everything printed in there.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so Smart Moving is derping it up then?
It derps up a lot of things, it derps up the same with Flaxbeard's Exosuit too. Essentially anything that needs to attach to the Vanilla player animation will not rotate with the player.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few shitty Youtube videos which aren't that much help (they really aren't worth watching so I'm not linking), but you shouldn't need a guide, as everything is fairly self-explanatory. If there is anything specific you need help with, just ask.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Adding it to my pack, really well done. Maim reason I would say is because of the cross over and integration that it(claims to, I haven't tried it yet but I will believe you) has

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
YES! Another Thaumcraft addon.. favorite mod so you know I will give this a try! And I am going to be developing a pack with a partner.. So I will definitely recommend this.. good job

TheBeastOver9000

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few shitty Youtube videos which aren't that much help (they really aren't worth watching so I'm not linking), but you shouldn't need a guide, as everything is fairly self-explanatory. If there is anything specific you need help with, just ask.
There's a full guide, but it's in Russian

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Does the infernal blast furnace smelt faster when fed by more than one energized ignis node?

Kataiser

Jul 29, 2019
All right - apologies, I'm probably missing something obvious, but something has me a bit stumped. I was originally one version behind, but I've since upgraded to 1.1.6.

Still pretty new to this mod, and loving it so far, but I can't seem to get gems into the Primordial Gauntlet. The 'Nomicon entry says that the focus key opens the GUI for selecting between gems in the gauntlet, and sneak + focus key opens up the GUI for actually inserting/removing gems. Pressing F brings up the selection GUI, as expected (at least I assume that's what the spinning purple circle thing is); pressing shift-F... also brings up the same selection GUI, which I see no way to put gems into.

Am I doing something terribly wrong (entirely possible), or did I find a bug?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
All right - apologies, I'm probably missing something obvious, but something has me a bit stumped. I was originally one version behind, but I've since upgraded to 1.1.6.

Still pretty new to this mod, and loving it so far, but I can't seem to get gems into the Primordial Gauntlet. The 'Nomicon entry says that the focus key opens the GUI for selecting between gems in the gauntlet, and sneak + focus key opens up the GUI for actually inserting/removing gems. Pressing F brings up the selection GUI, as expected (at least I assume that's what the spinning purple circle thing is); pressing shift-F... also brings up the same selection GUI, which I see no way to put gems into.

Witching Gadgets has it's own selection wheel key. Defaults to 'R' IIRC.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I didn't think it did, I couldn't see a difference in my test world.

Does the size of the energized ignis node matter for speed?

How many stacks can it hold at once?
Nope and unlimited. Well nigh unlimited. It's an ArrayList, the maximum size for those should be ~2.14 billion entries.

You did indeed find a bug. I'll look into it and try to fix it, thanks =)

Edit:
Witching Gadgets has it's own selection wheel key. Defaults to 'R' IIRC.
Nope this is unrelated. the gauntlet actually uses the wand focus key, but I borked it =P

Reactions: Jeridan