[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, interesting. I'm getting a decent x40.5 avg on the speedup while sleeping, but the XP is not coming nearly as fast as it should, I make a level every ~2 minutes, so I should have ~10 levels (starting from 0) after each full night sleep, but I only end up with ~4 levels

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... odd. When in sleep mode; Kingrunes was careful to ensure a 1:1 tick rate; the speedup was strictly based on the computer's performance. I disabled rendering during sleep to squeeze a few extra cycles out of sleep (I can barely squeeze 3x); perhaps if you re-enable rendering, this might help.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, where is that option, in the config, or in game?
Also, what does the "Wrecking" enchant do?

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
Experience orbs decay fairly quickly. So if you are not there to pick them up.... they vanish. The decay rate also is accelerated, as is the entire world. Use a vacuum hopper or an item vacuum to pick up dropped xp. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Most notably: You can pipe liquid XP out of the vacuum hopper, but not store a whole lot, the item vacuum can store almost infinite amounts, but you can't pipe out liquid XP.

Edit: And no, you cannot pick up orbs while sleeping. You are not an entity while sleeping, technically speaking.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a silly question, but if you are no longer an entity, what keeps the chunks loaded while you sleep?

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
I *may* have a slight problem, as in, I may have accidentally frozen time in my single player world. Minecraft is being weird, again.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
No, sadly, I had to manually edit the player NBT data in my save file to force kill myself. It was after(?) I killed a gravity creeper. I must have killed it at the same time it exploded, because time then 'froze', I could break blocks, but no items would drop, I could move, I could place blocks, I couldn't harm mobs and they just stood there, not moving but their animations were playing. Man, it was really weird.
Pros of freezing time:
+Immortal
+No need to worry about hunger, it never went down
+No fatigue, it never changed either
+Mobs can't attack me
Cons:
-Couldn't attack anything
-Couldn't get drops from mined blocks
-No new chunks loaded from the time of "the incident"
-Chat didn't work, so I couldn't use /kill, had to edit NBT data to force a death and reset
Interesting side effects: When loading up the world after the manual suicide, I was teleported to the place the creeper had exploded, none of the placed/mined blocks from the frozen time were there. Day/Night cycle still functioned correctly. I have lot of screenshots if you want to see a bit.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
So, the server froze. Was there an error in the log?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
That's the funny thing, the server was still running fine, even after reloading the world the problem persisted. Also there was no error log, no crash log either, the console (On debug of course) was reporting every action as normal, as far as I was concerned, the server was running, I could use my inventory, etc. But somewhere, something went wrong.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I recognize the symptoms as something that happens when there is lag in generating chunks.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I gathered that; that is pretty strange. Has it happened again since? If so, I'd recommend adding the issue to the tracker.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
It was an isolated incident, I don't think I could recreate it if I tried, I don't think anyone could. I want to see someone kill a gravity creeper inside of a brutish giant zombie using an enchanted diamond mace at the exact time the creeper explodes.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
Holy hell Journey map is laggggy! I just removed it and added in VoxelMap instead, the performance difference is insane!

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
That's true; JourneyMap is laggy, which is why Antique Atlas was also included; you can safely remove Journeymap as desired. And if VoxelMap works, then go for it. ;)