[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Was talking mainly about ratios like how many cores to co2 exchanger, to steam boilder and so on. At least for the HTGR I remember it being somewhat off. Or how fast things heat up, how much cooling they need and so on.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
As the saying goes, it's a port in a storm.

Even after watching the videos, I recommend practicing reactor design in a creative world before even trying this at your home base in Survival. The HTGR won't damage anything on failure, mind you (the cores simply turn to lava when they overheat), but the fission and fusion plants will. Severely. Pay close attention to the disasters video to get the full scope of the risks.

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
I blew up like 20 reactors in creative before getting real hold on it. And everyone else should. It's hella fun. Especially if you spent years learning how to prevent such a thing irl. xD

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You could always use a mystcraft age Rftools Dimension to practice in. ... And a chromaticCraft worldrift to get the power out.

... oh, right, no world rifts. Hmm, well, a mystcraft crystal portal would ... right.

Hmm ...

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
As I understand it, that's being worked on. What will actually happen is up to Reika and McJty, but I'm pretty optimistic. Either way, from what I understand, reaching the top tier magnetostatic can provide almost full power to the rotational output, so using RF as a way to transport shaft power from another dimension will be an option in the next version.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
We'll have quite a neat vanilla-style metal casting mechanic that involves nothing more complex than a furnace. It cannot cast tools, tho, just ingots and alloys. For alloying that requires power (and provides some quality automation) we'll have some custom alloy recipes for the RotaryCraft blast furnace.
Late reply, but... I am interested! But wait, how are you getting a recipe for the Blast Furnace? Mine/Modtweaker (according to the wiki at least) says they won't implement handlers for Reika's mods.

JeffPeng

Jul 29, 2019
To elaborate a bit further.... Survival Industry 1.4 includes a few small mods, most notably the so-called si.core mod. This one does a lot of changes to the game, changing the hardness of blocks (BlockProperties used to do that), adding a few items (among it the crucible and the ingot mold, also the elusive Cherenkov Singularity), changing tools and tool materials so they fit the custom mining progression, and adding a list of ingots that can be alloyed with both the crucible and the blast furnace. Blast Furnace handling is done inside the mod, and it's fair to say that this is fairly easy as Reika provides a pretty straight forward and easy to use API for that.

As for the custom metal casting... it basically works like that:
  • You build your crucible from sand and clay.
  • You fire the crucible in the furnace. The fired crucible will not be lost in the following steps.
  • You craft your fired crucible with 1 ore for standard smelting or 2 ingots for alloying.
  • You fire your now filled crucible and get a hot crucible containing liquid metal.
  • Now you craft your hot crucible with the ingot mold (which you get by crafting a block of sand)
  • You get: your casting output (either the smelted ingot or 2 alloyed ingot), a fired crucible to reuse, a block of sand (you can again craft into an ingot mold)
This process can be fully automated with the various auto crafting options the mod pack provides.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen, after a lot of work, and not a small amount of spit'n'polish, I am pleased to announce that version 1.4.0 of Survival Industry has been released on the Feed the Beast launcher!

With this release of Survival Industry,

The oregen now accounts for the contour of the land; ores will spawn higher in extreme hills biomes, meaning you'll find ores in mountains, as well as underground. Chisel stone now spawn in strata, instead of veins. Colossal caves now spawn in various locations, and all tunnels below Y=16 are filled with lava... and in colossal caves, you will find lava lakes. Additionally, lava dikes, places where lava seeps up through the bedrock in huge bulges, can be found near the bedrock layer.

The mining progression has been altered, in that it no longer needs three mods to be maintained. JeffPeng, the team coder, has created a specialized mod that sets tool materials and ore blocks to the correct harvest levels. This is mainly a behind-the-scenes change, and should not affect the way the game is played. However, there are quite a few differences.

One of the noticeable differences, is that redstone is no longer at level 4; you can now mine it using a copper pickaxe, and use it to make redstone technology before you begin the industrial stage. So, use of pistons, activators, block breakers, block placers, and other redstone automation can happen before the industrial stage... it allows you to get the hang of automation in preparation for the more in-depth technological boost that comes once you have high-strength, low-alloy (HSLA) steel.

Also, low-grade steel can now be made without needing to make the Railcraft blast furnace (although you'll still need that furnace to melt down existing railcraft steel tools, weapons, and armor); it can be made in the RotaryCraft blast furnace using coal and iron only. Adding gunpowder and coal coke in the RoC blast furnace means a possibility of steel duplication.

Finally, chiseled smooth stone, iron blocks, factory blocks, granite, RotaryCraft decoration blocks, and all ores have had their blast resistance increased (to prevent creeper griefing, and use of explosives to bypass progression). Chiseled cobblestone and the base versions of these blocks do not enjoy this protection.

In the industrial stage, in the previous version, anyone who's tried to play with Applied Energistics might notice that most of the recipes don't work. This problem has been corrected. In addition, OpenComputers recipes now make use of RotaryCraft and ElectriCraft components in order to fit the tech progression more naturally (and give more reasons to make the RoC/EC parts).

The Ender-game stage is no longer gated behind Invasion. Now, you need to craft Cherenkov Singularities using ender pearls and plutonium fuel pellets (produced by ReactorCraft breeder fission reactors). These are the foundation for all end-game content, including new ender tools, the ender-based technology from Extra Utilities, and all non-vanilla ender storage.

Not to mention actually reaching the End.

You will no longer be able to find end portals; all portal stones have crumbled into cobblestone from age. In order to reach the end, you will need to make your own End Portal. This will require 12 end portal stones, all arranged to surround a 3x3 area. They must be placed and activated from inside the portal area, meaning that you should not make the portal until you are actually ready to go to the End. The stones are still unbreakable, so you must take care in placing them; mistakes are permanent.

The end portal stones each require 8 Cherenkov Singularities surrounding rift flux, so defense against invasions will be required for at least 12 waves before you can make it to the End. Consider this practice for the final battle.

Mods Removed:

• BetterBoat (Random stuttering is worse than the lag before it was added)
  • Block Properties (Replaced by "Survival Industry: Core")
  • Custom Items (Replaced by "Survival Industry: Core")
  • Forge Relocation (Not really needed by anything, since P:R mechanical isn't installed)
  • SquidAPI and SquidUtils (Replaced by "Survival Industry: Core")
  • Chisel 2 (Has not been updated in 3 months; its fork is actively being maintained)
  • SAPManPack (Required for BetterBoat)
Mods Added:

Mods Upgraded:

• AgriCraft (1.4.0 -> 1.4.5)
  • Buildcraft (7.1.12 -> 7.1.13)
  • bdlib (1.9.3.107 -> 1.9.4.109)
  • DragonAPI (v9b -> v10d)
  • ElectriCraft (v9b -> v10b)
  • EnderCore (0.2.0.30_beta -> 0.2.0.31_beta)
  • Expanded Redstone (v9a -> v10b)
  • ExtraCells (2.2.73b129 -> 2.3.3b162)
  • Forestry (3.6.10.1 -> 4.2.1.48)
  • Garden Stuff (1.6.3 -> 1.7.0)
  • Gendustry (1.6.1.126 -> 1.6.3.132)
  • Harder Wildlife (9.16.0a -> 11.18.0a)
  • HardLib (9.16.0a -> 11.18.0b)
  • Java 8 Checker: (v1.1 -> v1.2)
  • Survival Industry: Flint Chisel (1.0 -> 1.3.1)
  • JourneyMap (5.1.0 -> 5.1.3)
  • MAtmos (r29-UnofficialBeta3 -> r29-UnofficialBeta4)
  • mcjtylib (1.7.0 -> 1.8.0)
  • ModTweaker (0.9.3 -> 0.9.5)
  • NEI Integration (1.0.13 -> 1.1.0)
  • Not Enough Items (1.0.5.111 -> 1.0.5.118)
  • OpenComputers (1.5.19.37 -> 1.5.20.38)
  • Pam's Harvestcraft (1.7.10j -> 1.7.10La)
  • ReactorCraft (V9b -> V10d)
  • RF Tools (4.01 -> 4.13)
  • RotaryCraft (V9b -> V10d)
  • Somnia (1.4.3.1 -> 1.4.8.54)
  • Special Mobs (3.1.1 -> 3.2.1)
  • Spice of Life (1.2.4 -> 1.3.0)
  • Storage Drawers (1.6.2 -> 1.7.2)
  • Storage Drawers: Forestry (1.0.3 -> 1.0.5)
  • WAILA Plugins (0.1.2-21 -> 0.2.0-23)
  • [SBM] Wooden Bucket (0.0.3b6 -> 0.0.3b20151107174900)
Configuration Changes:

• Applied Energistics machines were missing recipes. Fixed.
  • Garden Stuff iron lattice now uses iron bars instead of an iron stick in the recipe.
  • Buildcraft pump, tank, and refinery are now available.
    • Oil has been re-enabled.
  • MAtmos "human sounds" have been disabled. The player is silent again.
  • Dynamic Lights have been reconfigured; they now should work with everything that automatically glows when placed, except for glowing microblocks and OpenBlocks tanks with glowing liquids (which can't be configured at this time).
  • Redstone is no longer a "high" level ore; you can now mine it with copper.
  • Chisel stone now generate in strata.
  • Oregen now scales to the average biome height.
    • Additionally, mountain biomes have an extra distribution for most ores; the original one underground, and a new one aboveground, scaled to reach level 255. Thar's gold in them thar hills!
  • Added colossal caves.
  • Added igneous dikes (lava "humps" at bedrock level).
  • All tunnels under Y=14 are now filled with lava.
  • OpenComputers now makes extensive use of RotaryCraft components.
  • Ender Quarry power consumption has been increased by 1 magnitude. It will be almost unusable without using reactors.
  • Gravel Gun has been nerfed, using "Hardmode" setting.
  • Dynamic Lighting now applies to new unit type for the latest Special Mobs.
  • Seasons have been Re-enabled.
    • Calendar, when in an item frame, will give a "Days left" value in the WAILA tooltip.
  • Ender Quarry now has power requirements that will need a reactor to power.
  • HSLA tools now mine at the correct harvest level.
  • Jetpacks require jet fuel.
  • Forestry bees can provide yeast for RotaryCraft ethanol.
  • Disabled explosive arrows for skeletons.
  • Disabled all cardboard armor and tools.
  • Disabled crafting station.
  • Pam's beehive generation was removed. All bee products are now managed by Forestry.
    • Forestry bee products were added to pam's recipes.
    • Royal Jelly is now made by a shapeless recipe using a single honeycomb.
  • Vegan Option Wither Skeleton skull recipe changed; now requires bedrock dust and slime instead of black ink. This makes the Wither Boss more expensive to create.
  • Flint tools have been added to the pack.
    • Not to worry, the stone tools are still available.
  • Removed Metallurgy bricks to remove conflicts with various other recpies.
  • Coffee now provides 2 hunger.
  • A new mod, "Survival Industry Core", has added new features to the pack.
    • Aluminum, Indium, and Cadmium now have blocks for storage purposes.
    • All Electricraft and ReactorCraft metals now have metal blocks.
    • "Backyard Metalcasting" is now a part of the modpack.
    • "Backyard Metalcasting" uses a crucible and an ingot mold to alloy ores.
    • The ingot mold is simply made from 1 block of sand, and nothing else. Dropping the mold, or crafting it with a stick, will return the mold to sand.
    • Crucible is made from 1 clay block and 1 sand, and must be fired to be useful.
    • Crucible can hold 2 different ingots, which are combined simply by putting the crucible and both ingots on a crafting table.
    • Putting a crucible in the furnace with two ingots of a valid recipe will result in a "hot crucible" containing the molten form of the resulting alloy.
    • Crafting a crucible with an ingot mold will make 2 ingots of the alloy. The crucible is not lost, and the mold becomes a sand block again.
    • The RotaryCraft blast furnace now has recipes for bronze, electrum, and "low grade steel."
  • The Flint Chisel now has a maximum durability of 64 uses.
  • An independent igniter block (requested following the TiC Purge) was added.
  • A calendar in an item frame now shows the remaining days for the current season.
  • Seasons have been re-enabled in the modpack with the updates of Harder Wildlife and RotaryCraft.
  • Sync has been gated to the Ender-Tech stage.
  • RFTools and Enhanced Portals have been gated to the Mad Science stage.
  • All End Portal stones have been replaced with cobblestone. Making an end portal is the only way to reach the end.
  • Ender-Game gating has been changed.
    • Rift Flux has been replaced with the "Cherenkov Singularity"
    • A Cherenkov Singularity requires 1 ender pearl and 1 plutonium fuel pellet.
    • End Portals require both rift flux and Cherenkov Singularities.
    • The recipe is 1 rift flux surrounded by 8 Cherenkov Singularities.
    • An End Portal requires 12 portal stones surrounding a 3x3 space.
    • These stones must be placed from the center of the portal.
    • These stones cannot be destroyed if you make a mistake.
    • The portal will still need to be activated using Eyes of Ender.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to go back to vanilla sleep, you can remove Somnia, for one.

If you just don't want the negative effects of going without sleep, but want to keep the "fast nighttime rendering," you can disable this option in Somnia.cfg:

Code:
    B:fatigueSideEffects=false

If you want the fast nighttime rendering, and the nighttime requirement for sleep, these are the settings you'll need.

First, you want to disable all fatigue calculations in the mod and disable the fatigue effects. Setting the "displayFatigue" to "off" seems to make the counter go away.

Code:
fatigue {
    S:displayFatigue=off
    D:fatigueRate=0.0
    D:fatigueReplenishRate=0.0
    B:fatigueSideEffects=false
    D:minimumFatigueToSleep=0.0
}

Next, you need to set the "enterSleepStart" time. Do not change the validSleepStart time, or else the sleep GUI won't work.

Code:
timings {
    I:enterSleepEnd=24000
    I:enterSleepStart=12000
    I:validSleepEnd=24000
    I:validSleepStart=0
}

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I'm impressed. You guys have really gone out of your way to make this modpack works so well. Off to start a new world.

BTW, Thanks for the igniter replacement.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
You do warn about how difficult the blood moons are, but in reality they are stupidly easy, just walk ~50 blocks from you base, and dig a 2x1 dirt hole and stay there for the night, nothing can get you because the AI is can't figure out how to get to you if you are under them. The only problem I have faced with the blood moon is not starving to death while waiting it out.

timp13

Jul 29, 2019
BTW Going into the Buildcraft Achievements page causes minecraft to CTD, it is caused by a null item error, probability because the it is trying to display blocks that have not been loaded because they were disabled.

EDIT: Be very careful, and don't do this in a world you care about, it apparently caused corruption in mine and I can no longer load the world.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Staying in your base is equally easy; the difficulty is for those people who think they're some kind of Leonidas and try to face the horde head-on (in fact, remember what happened to Leonidas himself). Those who think like a trapper instead of a warrior will find nighttime somewhat easier.

The blood moon is trickier, but to someone who knows how to trap mobs, it's only difficult.

As for the Buildcraft Achievements Crash, I am able to replicate this. I'll add it to the issue tracker, and see if it can be fixed.

UPDATE: This seems to be an issue with Buildcraft's configuration; features can be disabled by BuildCraft, but their associated achievements still attempt to access them. The issue is being worked on by BC, and I'll get to work on a workaround for the pack pending the issue's resolution.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I do what I can. When I'm done, I'll provide links to the corrected files for you to put in the config folder until the modpack can be updated in FTB.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the following files will need to replace what's in your configurations:
Replacing these should restore the missing blocks to Buildcraft, and use MineTweaker/ModTweaker to disable them safely.

I'll start the process of updating the launcher.

K

Kevboy4044

Hello,

first off: great job with this modpack. I've been enjoying this pack for a bit longer than two weeks now.

I have a problem, though. There seems to be no recipe for making yeast in the fermenter. Creating sludge works just fine, but yeast does not seem to be possible. Tested this in creative and survival.
Is there a way to add the recipe into the modpack?

Little Edit:

Setting "Use Forestry Bees To Produce Yeast" to false solved this issue and the fermenter is now doing its job.

Last edited: