[1.7.10] RusticCraft

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.0 has just been submitted and will probably be approved in a day or two.
I am so done with Beta. No more adding and removing mods. :)

Changelog:
1.1.0:
Added:
-Hardcore Ender Expansion
-Gravestone Mod
-MinecraftLoader
-ModTweaker
-Storage Drawers
-GrowthCraft!
Removed:
-Bibliowoods BoP
-ATG
Updated:
-Artifice 1.1.4-294 --> 1.1.4-296
-Baubles 1.0.1.7 --> 1.0.1.8
-Bibliocraft 1.7.5 -- 1.8.1
-Carpenter's Blocks 3.2.7 --> 3.2.8
-Railcraft 9.2.2.0 --> 9.3.1.0
-Waila 1.5.3a --> 1.5.4a

Spice of Life:
-Disabled "food history length based of hunger restored"
-Food History Length is now 12 foods, no matter the quality.
-Disabled Food History being wiped on death.
-Doubled New Player Threachold to 24.
Iguana Tinker's Tweaks:
-Disabled Paper Toolparts
-Disabled Thaumium Toolparts
-Raised max level by one.
-Stone toolparts are no longer usable
-Disabled Flint recipe/Restored flint drops
ExtraUtilities:
-Disabled EnderLilies
-Disabled Peaceful Table
-Disabled Destruction Pickaxe
-Disabled Erosion Shovel
-Disabled Etheric Sword
Thaumcraft:
-MineTweaker'ed away Golems Branch
-MineTweaker'ed away Thaumostatic Harness

The are two changes I plan to make in the future, add Hunger Overhaul and use Iguana's Tinker Tweaks Override Module to nerf the mining speed of early game tool materials. I'll add them as soon as the mods update, but those changes shouldn't cause any problems with existing worlds.

Edit: Nearly forgot to mention, Growthcraft's dev returned to the Land of the Living today! It's included in the modpack with not a moment to spare.
Also, I ended up removing ATG because it was putting Volcano biomes in the Overworld which were just black grass. Very ugly, trust me.

I understand.

^^ shoutout to @lumien. New mod spotlight, please?

^^ Not sure why you want to do that. You don't want farming automation and you don't want wood/coal automation... I could live with that decision.... But why the thaumostatic harness? Why? :(

Ahh! The woes of rolling out mod packs in a version that is still stabilising amidst all the nonsense around it. :(
We'll wait... We can wait... :)
Just release the version when all's done, and drop a line here, as well as update the first post. :)
I actually care more about disabling Flying and other forms of fast travel than Automated Farms.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
The minute I read 'hunger overhaul', I start imagining a manual version of Magic Farm all over again. If harvestcraft gardens or trees are turned down at all, you'll kill players within 3 minecraft days.
/slight exaggeration
I haven't delved much at all into the new thaumcraft, but I feel you should keep it. Besides, you have eldrich guardians chasing down players when they aren't being eaten by silverfish or boss mobs.
I haven't started up a world yet, but I'm doing that now. I'm sincerely interested in playing a more casual pack, and this looks interesting.
Congrats for making it out of beta.

Edit: I've just started in my world, and I'm gettting an odd error I have no idea from. "Detected an attempt by a mod null to perform game activity during mod construction. This is a serious programming error." No idea what its from, but its spamming the console in a wall of red. Please look into it? Its causing lag spikes and I'll I've done is chop trees. I'm on normal difficulty, all mods installed, on a mac.
Edit 2: Did a quick search, and it appears to be caused by MinecraftLoader 0.1.2. The dev currently had no fix for it. Is that mod super important, or can I remove it and see how my game runs without risk of corruption?
~ZephyrWindSpirit

Last edited:

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
The minute I read 'hunger overhaul', I start imagining a manual version of Magic Farm all over again. If harvestcraft gardens or trees are turned down at all, you'll kill players within 3 minecraft days.
/slight exaggeration
I haven't delved much at all into the new thaumcraft, but I feel you should keep it. Besides, you have eldrich guardians chasing down players when they aren't being eaten by silverfish or boss mobs.
I haven't started up a world yet, but I'm doing that now. I'm sincerely interested in playing a more casual pack, and this looks interesting.
Congrats for making it out of beta.

Edit: I've just started in my world, and I'm gettting an odd error I have no idea from. "Detected an attempt by a mod null to perform game activity during mod construction. This is a serious programming error." No idea what its from, but its spamming the console in a wall of red. Please look into it? Its causing lag spikes and I'll I've done is chop trees. I'm on normal difficulty, all mods installed, on a mac.
Edit 2: Did a quick search, and it appears to be caused by MinecraftLoader 0.1.2. The dev currently had no fix for it. Is that mod super important, or can I remove it and see how my game runs without risk of corruption?
~ZephyrWindSpirit

I would be using Hunger Overhaul mainly for the right-click to harvest function. I'm also interested in decreasing the rate that hunger drops a bit, but I don't know if that's an option. I'm not going for a hardcore survival experience; I only intended to add a bit of difficulty to make the world a bit more engaging.

Thaumcraft is staying, but I've disabled the Thaumostatic Harness Research and the Golem Research tab.

I'll look into the MinecraftLoader bug today. MinecraftLoader only adds the loading bar as the game launches. Hard to imaging that causing lag in game but if it is, the mod can be removed with no harm.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I would be using Hunger Overhaul mainly for the right-click to harvest function. I'm also interested in decreasing the rate that hunger drops a bit, but I don't know if that's an option. I'm not going for a hardcore survival experience; I only intended to add a bit of difficulty to make the world a bit more engaging.

Thaumcraft is staying, but I've disabled the Thaumostatic Harness Research and the Golem Research tab.

I'll look into the MinecraftLoader bug today. MinecraftLoader only adds the loading bar as the game launches. Hard to imaging that causing lag in game but if it is, the mod can be removed with no harm.
I disabled MinecraftLoader on my client, and so far so good. I think that was the mod causing issues.
I think that you can disable the hunger drop part of the mod itself, but I am not positive. I'll do a bit of tinkering to figure it out, if you wish. I can only check on the 1.6 version though.
If you add the HQM mod, it should only serve as a death counter. I died a lot so far. Thank you zombie-infested taiga. Good for spruce, bad for zombies.

Last edited:

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
I disabled MinecraftLoader on my client, and so far so good. I think that was the mod causing issues.
I think that you can disable the hunger drop part of the mod itself, but I am not positive. I'll do a bit of tinkering to figure it out, if you wish. I can only check on the 1.6 version though.
If you add the HQM mod, it should only serve as a death counter. I died a lot so far. Thank you zombie-infested taiga. Good for spruce, bad for zombies.
Yeah, I had the same results. 19 FPS with, 50 without. I'll release a bugfix update if it's not fixed soon.

You can add a scoreboard to the Tab menu using only Vanilla commands.
Code:
/scoreboard objectives add Deaths deathCount
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay list Deaths
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Scoreboard

If you're in Singleplayer with Cheats disabled, you'll need to open your world to LAN to enable Cheats.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be shameless and admit that I do mostly play with cheats enabled, just in case I get mauled repeatedly. NEI's magnet mode is infinitely helpful, but a bit annoying in grassy biomes as saplings and seeds fly towards you endlessly.
I'll give the scoreboard thing a try, thanks.

I'm curious, do you take advantage of having spawn chunk loading for your own base, or do you flee for miles and build away?

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be shameless and admit that I do mostly play with cheats enabled, just in case I get mauled repeatedly. NEI's magnet mode is infinitely helpful, but a bit annoying in grassy biomes as saplings and seeds fly towards you endlessly.
I'll give the scoreboard thing a try, thanks.

I'm curious, do you take advantage of having spawn chunk loading for your own base, or do you flee for miles and build away?
I recommend you don't use NEI magnet mode. It's known to suck Tinker's Tools into your body immediately after death causing them to be deleted. That probably won't be an issue because of graves, but you never know.

I never really pay attention to the spawn natural chunkloading. I do stay close to spawn in case my bed is missing or obstructed though, so I probably end up benefiting from it.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Magnet mode isn't a perfect thing, I still lost half my items breaking a grave with it enabled to the lava. Nothing I can't replace, as I 'just' made a flint pick.
I might add in a minimap option for myself, as I really enjoy being able to see the different biomes around me. Did a fly-around in creative, and found some of the new 1.7 biomes.
Also looked into GardenStuff, as I've never heard of that mod. Looks like a fun decorative mod. If only the garden soil worked for crops... does it? -will check-
My world landed me on the edge of taiga, with plains and forest nearby. The harvestcraft trees seem to spawn in and eat the other trees partway. I'll need to travel a while to track down cinnamon though, or use the bonemealing trick to get the saplings/gardens I want. Artifice's stone world gen is interesting, but I haven't delved much into the earth, was gathering stacks of logs.
Edit: There are two mods that I'm curious of tinkering about with by adding to my own client; BetterChests and possibly treecapitator to swap with random things. Much as I like fertilized dirt, Knocking out a whole greatwood in one shot is a fine sight to see. Raining logs! So far, I'm enjoying your pack very much. Havent' progressed much though.

Last edited:

Leskat_

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Thanks for the Modpack, I can't wait to test it out. I was trying to get the Server set up, and I encountered 2 problems:
1. Some of the forge libraries are missing and have to be installed by hand
2. EnderChests error out, although this appears to be a common bug. Might be fixed by updating. I did actually try updating, but then some other mods glitched and prevented the joining of new users.

Edit: You really want to take out mineloader from the server files, it causes an error flood.
Edit 2: Never mind, server still doesn't work, it throws a NetworkDispatcher exception.

Last edited:

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance of adding a map mod to the pack?
Also, not sure what it was, as I couldn't see it. I started a world to fool around and was killed in the water by something I couldn't see. I just started randomly hitting and hit something, but I was not able to move other than this thing throwing me up. I had no way to escape from this evil demon of the water. Any idea what that was?

Great concept for a pack. I'm really excited about you adding hunger overhaul for the right click ability. I love that feature!

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Also, not sure what it was, as I couldn't see it. I started a world to fool around and was killed in the water by something I couldn't see. I just started randomly hitting and hit something, but I was not able to move other than this thing throwing me up. I had no way to escape from this evil demon of the water. Any idea what that was?

Great concept for a pack. I'm really excited about you adding hunger overhaul for the right click ability. I love that feature!
The map he installed is Antique Atlas, an in-game book that you craft and carry around to create your map.
What attacked you either was a mob, or a hungry node tossing you around. Was it still water, or some sort of pitfall?

Leskat_

Jul 29, 2019
YES! I fixed the problem! Ok, anyone who wants to run this on a server just disable spice of life, that gets it to work.

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
The map he installed is Antique Atlas, an in-game book that you craft and carry around to create your map.
What attacked you either was a mob, or a hungry node tossing you around. Was it still water, or some sort of pitfall?

Hi,
It was still water.
I'll take a look at the Antique Atlas, thanks for the tip.

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what it was, but I was able to hit something. A node would have made sense, but I've never seen that before.

I'm seeing ores of the same type from different mods in world gen. I have copper from mericulture and tinkers so far that I have found after a brief mining session.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what it was, but I was able to hit something. A node would have made sense, but I've never seen that before.

I'm seeing ores of the same type from different mods in world gen. I have copper from mericulture and tinkers so far that I have found after a brief mining session.
Nodes are relatively invisible to the naked player eyes unless you know what you are looking for. However for a regular node to attack and kill a player, that I have no idea.
Yes, there is ore from different mods of the same metal. You can use Jabba barrels or Mariculture's auto dictionary converter to change them into one type, if joshie didn't change something on us.

Leskat_

Jul 29, 2019
Nodes are relatively invisible to the naked player eyes unless you know what you are looking for. However for a regular node to attack and kill a player, that I have no idea.
Yes, there is ore from different mods of the same metal. You can use Jabba barrels or Mariculture's auto dictionary converter to change them into one type, if joshie didn't change something on us.

Good idea with the ores. If 1 type is removed, will the spawn rate go down too? Because at the moment I found less copper than diamonds, so halving the amount would make it too rare.

Last edited:

Leskat_

Jul 29, 2019
Havanacus: I found the problem with your Server Files. There is a known bug with Spice Of Life, where if the value give.food.journal.on.dimishing.returns.start is set to true all clients connecting instantly crash. More here: https://github.com/squeek502/SpiceOfLife/issues/22
Also you might want to see if updating Forge to the recommended version is an option or if it is prone to crash, as EnderChests will have to stay disabled until the switch is made. I tested it out earlier, it did work, but at the time I had not found the Spice Of Life bug yet so I could be mistaken. If you want my final server files I can upload them for you.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of bugs! I'll get them all worked out and submit a bugfix later today.

Magnet mode isn't a perfect thing, I still lost half my items breaking a grave with it enabled to the lava. Nothing I can't replace, as I 'just' made a flint pick.
I might add in a minimap option for myself, as I really enjoy being able to see the different biomes around me. Did a fly-around in creative, and found some of the new 1.7 biomes.
Also looked into GardenStuff, as I've never heard of that mod. Looks like a fun decorative mod. If only the garden soil worked for crops... does it? -will check-
My world landed me on the edge of taiga, with plains and forest nearby. The harvestcraft trees seem to spawn in and eat the other trees partway. I'll need to travel a while to track down cinnamon though, or use the bonemealing trick to get the saplings/gardens I want. Artifice's stone world gen is interesting, but I haven't delved much into the earth, was gathering stacks of logs.
Edit: There are two mods that I'm curious of tinkering about with by adding to my own client; BetterChests and possibly treecapitator to swap with random things. Much as I like fertilized dirt, Knocking out a whole greatwood in one shot is a fine sight to see. Raining logs! So far, I'm enjoying your pack very much. Havent' progressed much though.
I intentionally left out a minimap to encourage players to pay attention to their surroundings. Getting lost and building waypoints to not get lost is fun, and since you can't fly in RusticCraft a minimap isn't as vital as it is in other modpacks. Don't hesitate to add one if you like though.
It's not just Harvestcraft, I've noticed Natura leaves on the wrong kinds of trees in my testing. It's not too common though, so I didn't worry about it.
I don't recommend using Treecapitator. Just make a Lumber Axe. Also, Random Things was removed in the Beta in favor of the Leaf Decay mod.

You can add a map yourself if you'd like, but I left it out of the pack intentionally.
You probably got caught in a Thaumcraft Hungry Node and hit a squid that was caught with you. They're very dangerous but also very rare. Recovering items from your grave would probably be a real challenge.
Good idea with the ores. If 1 type is removed, will the spawn rate go down too? Because at the moment I found less copper than diamonds, so halving the amount would make it too rare.
I don't know why Mariculture Copper is generating, I checked my configs and it is disabled. Are you sure it's Mariculture?
Also, when looking for Copper, dig closer to the surface.

Havanacus: I found the problem with your Server Files. There is a known bug with Spice Of Life, where if the value give.food.journal.on.dimishing.returns.start is set to true all clients connecting instantly crash. More here: https://github.com/squeek502/SpiceOfLife/issues/22
Also you might want to see if updating Forge to the recommended version is an option or if it is prone to crash, as EnderChests will have to stay disabled until the switch is made. I tested it out earlier, it did work, but at the time I had not found the Spice Of Life bug yet so I could be mistaken. If you want my final server files I can upload them for you.
I don't know how, but I managed to grab the wrong version of Forge when setting up the server files. It's actually more recent then it should be, I'm surprised I didn't notice when I was testing.

Leskat_

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why Mariculture Copper is generating, I checked my configs and it is disabled. Are you sure it's Mariculture?
Also, when looking for Copper, dig closer to the surface.

You are absolutely correct. Mariculture is disabled. I am sure however that there are 2 different copper, but I can't confirm which ones because I am at work atm, I'll get back to that when I am at home. I also overlooked that Copper generates between 20 and 60, so that would explain the rarity. Although on the other hand almost all my ores came from spelunking, so there does seem to be slightly less than other Packs, but that is easily forgiven because bronze is not as vital.

I don't know how, but I managed to grab the wrong version of Forge when setting up the server files. It's actually more recent then it should be, I'm surprised I didn't notice when I was testing.

Well, good that we know that it works :) ...except for cake lovers.