[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

T

Triggerfisk

Hey. I just registered to say, I logged in half an hour ago and my quest book progress was gone (plus my baubles, but they're no big deal). I also got a brand new quest book in addition to the old one, for some reason. The idea of re-running through everything to catch back up is pretty disheartening, so I think I'll go into creative mode and spawn things in that way.. It'll still be a marathon. Was it a glitchy patch that did this to everyone, or probably something I can prevent from happening again by reinstalling?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I just registered to say, I logged in half an hour ago and my quest book progress was gone (plus my baubles, but they're no big deal). I also got a brand new quest book in addition to the old one, for some reason. The idea of re-running through everything to catch back up is pretty disheartening, so I think I'll go into creative mode and spawn things in that way.. It'll still be a marathon. Was it a glitchy patch that did this to everyone, or probably something I can prevent from happening again by reinstalling?
You can type "/hqm edit" to get an Op book linked to you, open and then shift click quests to complete them.
When was the last time you played before this? Every so often the questbook may be reset due to unavoidable changes. Another possibility is due to them being bound to your login name, changing it can cause issues, as can playing while not logged in (minecraft.net login fails or something)

T

Triggerfisk

Thank you! That makes it so much less painstaking to catch up. I did change my username recently, actually, so I guess that was the reason. Didn't cross my mind as a possibility.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! That makes it so much less painstaking to catch up. I did change my username recently, actually, so I guess that was the reason. Didn't cross my mind as a possibility.
You may have also lost Thaumcraft progress had you started on it, not sure if they changed that around yet or not.
The easiest way to ID a player is their name (and previously the ONLY way to ID them) so the more recent ability to change names causes issues with certain mods.
Generally people just throw out rewards they already received after catching up. Just chucking everything into a bag in creative mode and then deleting it or tossing into a void chest, etc. (eg. chest over hopper pointing into void chest with a lever next to hopper lets you delete when you turn the lever on.)

M

MOTDF

Hey @thephoenixlodge I am loving this modpack and have progressed pretty far through it but something weird happened today. When I went to load up the game today my world save file is missing from the world select screen. Curious I decide to check my computer for any traces of the world instance and sure enough I have the world file in the instances folder under regrowth but when I load up regrowth I cannot select the world to load into. Any ideas?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Well...If people will stop hatching alligators so we can stop fighting THEM, maybe we can get the swamp drained a bit sooner...

<Put the hair dryer down and step away from that clutch of eggs!>

K

Krauserthe2nd

some one please help i'm starting to think i'm going to need to restart again for the 4th. Time i really don't wanna do that i'm not really that far but its still i grind to get back to where i was is still a lot. If anyone can help please replay or something ill be very happy and if you need more info just tell me ill gladly try and help you help me.

Attachments

• crash-2016-07-04_23.27.26-server.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 55

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just a bit of a S.W.A.G., it looks like your HQM data got corrupted. If you are single-player, the file involved is located in your Regrowth/minecraft/saves/<world name>/HardcoreQuesting directory and is named players.dat. There is also a players.dat-BACKUP file there that may or may not be corrupted also. These files may need to be deleted, which will erase your quest data. The second post on this thread has instructions on how to get an OP quest manual that you can just click to complete the quests and get back to where you were. A bit clumsy but better than repeating the grind.

What happened just before the game started crashing? Usually, updating the mod pack from a previous version is what causes this kind of error.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
some one please help i'm starting to think i'm going to need to restart again for the 4th. Time i really don't wanna do that i'm not really that far but its still i grind to get back to where i was is still a lot. If anyone can help please replay or something ill be very happy and if you need more info just tell me ill gladly try and help you help me.

Also, you should add a backup mod, like AromaBack (along with AromaCore).

About the 1.0 update, is the idea to restart? or to update current saves?

T

Triggerfisk

I've got a question about endoflame / mana spreader setup.. All and any info I can find on this subject says a mana spreader can only support up to 8 endoflames (or less, according to some), and that's only if the mana pool is placed right next to the mana spreader. I've got 12 endoflames hooked up to one mana spreader right now (I'll try more endoflames as soon as I get them made), drinking from a supply of coal, and the mana spreaders seem to be keeping up with no trouble. I don't see any mana spreader buffs in the patch notes for botania, and the wikis don't provide a lot of numbers.

Am I using the endoflames inefficiently in some way, or has there been some buff? I noticed that all 12 endoflames activate if I drop a single piece of coal in the middle of the bunch, and that they all stay burning for 40 seconds. But, if I drop a bunch of 40 coal, it'll take 2 minutes until the stack is consumed, burning one coal per 3 seconds. The flowers don't show any mana in their internal storage at all during this (so they're not getting backed up), and the mana spreader is easily keeping up with the pace, shooting more than one burst per second into the adjacent mana pool. It seems to generate mana at a pretty good pace.. I guess I could try to saturate the single mana spreader with endoflames and then measure the time it takes to fill a mana pool.

Edit: 13 seems to be the limit. With 14 endoflames, the mana spreader fills a little too quickly to keep up.

Last edited:
T

Triggerfisk

All right. Well, it seems the current limit is 13 endoflames per mana spreader. 22 endoflames on a single elven mana spreader is also working for my setup, but I'm guessing 20 would be the limit if my dropper was perfectly timed.

The way endoflames share burn time and mana transmission looks pretty complicated.. It takes a while for them to fall into a new rhythm whenever you add or remove a flower, so you have to wait until it stabilizes before you know if the spreader can handle it.. it can take minutes depending on the fuel.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you should add a backup mod, like AromaBack (along with AromaCore).

About the 1.0 update, is the idea to restart? or to update current saves?
I'm honestly surprised by this point AromaBackup or the like ISN'T in the modpack. :p
I just add it to everything now as it's really nice to not lose days-weeks of work (or more depending on the world).