[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Mr_Hosed

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well, back to a more convoluted solution

I just setup a BC pump feeding water into a Vat (A Vat full of water can still accept it's catalyst component), a chest full of limestone feeding into a crucible furnace via hopper, a wood fluid pipe (with redstone engine) pulling from the crucible into the vat (I believe you can position the vat and use the auto-eject of the furnace if you want), a hopper under the vat pulling the magnesium out, and then I send the magnesium over to a smeltry where I also feed in the rutile.

I believe you can use an emerald fluid pipe to white list for liquid titanium (Or possibly use a diamond fluid pipe and redirect the non-titanium back into the smeltry) , but I usually just manually poor my blocks when I need them.

Reactions: Trisscar

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, I think that by both my observations and your own, we can probably agree that coven witches are not guaranteed to spawn at a stone circle. Certainly doesn't make finding them any easier :\

As I was looking through the Circle Magic book, I noticed a 'Summon Witch' ritual (page 54). Does that just summon a regular vanilla Witch then?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
As I was looking through the Circle Magic book, I noticed a 'Summon Witch' ritual (page 54). Does that just summon a regular vanilla Witch then?
I remember reading elsewhere that it only summons vanilla witches, yes. Though I encourage you to try it anyway and find out. :)

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
TPL, was it your intention to make JABBA upgrades ludicrously expensive on wood? I'm building a massive automation system, and want to use void upgrades on my JABBA barrels. Getting really annoyed at the amount of wood required to upgrade these things. A base JABBA barrel costs just under 10 wood logs to make. The MK structural upgrades each use 4 Wooden Construction Blocks which requires a whopping 22 wooden logs, YIKES! That means to make 1 JABBA barrel with a void upgrade, I need almost a full stack of wood logs (10 for barrel + 44 for 2 MK upgrades + 1.5 for void)! I think the original recipe is less than 3 logs for an MK upgrade. It doesn't compare very well to the storage drawer upgrades. All it does is require me to farm MASSIVE amounts of trees and craft silly numbers of fences.

Reactions: Trisscar

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've gotten to the point in Thaumcraft where I have everything I can researched. My problem now is taint. Specifically, Vitium.

The only way that we have been able to get around this is to put a node near a crucible, and then continually overfill it with items from a Botania crate so that it continuously creates flux. The flux, we hope, will convert the node into a tainted node.

Is this the intended way to continue along Thaumcraft, or are we missing something?

And yes, I've searched this thread, and while there are suggestions here on how to get tainted items, they all require Vitium, which is made from, you guessed it, tainted items.
If you want a bunch of vitium, you can overfill a crucible while it's inside an enclosed area, and the flux goo once filled to a certain depth will start spawning Thaumic Slimes. If you really go overboard and fill a decent area with flux goo the thaumslimes will grow as they wade around in the flux goo, and can get to be quite dangerous. You can get tainted drops from these thaumslimes for vitium. If you wind up fighting a giant swarm of thaumslimes, I suggest a lifesteal weapon.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So as to the suggestion for a spawn egg for a coven witch, we came up with this
  • Tormented Cotton
  • Charged Stone
  • Demon Blood Shard
  • Gaea Spirit
  • Purified Zombie brain
  • Villager Spawn Egg
  • 40000 Mana
What do you think?

• Disabling the cardboard boxes from mechanisms as they bypass Thaumcraft progression with the ability to move nodes & instantly recharge them while re-rolling the nodes aspects and type. Either that or blacklist nodes from the box.
  • ThaumcraftGates ~LINK~ Good interaction between Thaumcraft and Buildcraft
  • HQM Alternative ~HERE~ Mod called progression, very cool looking and not widely know. Also does not have as many issues as HQM
  • More Blood Magic addons
  • Remove JABBA (No offense, Love the mod) and add Factorization. Or keep Jabba. Just add Factorization. :)
  • ChickenChunks Offers better control over chunk loading for server operators
  • Translocators Because they are amazing

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
  • Disabling the cardboard boxes from mechanisms as they bypass Thaumcraft progression with the ability to move nodes & instantly recharge them while re-rolling the nodes aspects and type. Either that or blacklist nodes from the box.
  • ThaumcraftGates ~LINK~ Good interaction between Thaumcraft and Buildcraft
  • HQM Alternative ~HERE~ Mod called progression, very cool looking and not widely know. Also does not have as many issues as HQM
  • More Blood Magic addons
  • Remove JABBA (No offense, Love the mod) and add Factorization. Or keep Jabba. Just add Factorization. :)
  • ChickenChunks Offers better control over chunk loading for server operators
  • Translocators Because they are amazing
1. Blacklist has been on my todo for a while
2. Maybe
3. Progression is NOT an HQM alternative, it does something quite different.
4. I'm going to be playing on a custom pack server with Blood Arsenal and Sanguimancy, so I'll see if I like them or not.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct lumber axe, for the win. I made a bronze one and slapped a Moss Ball on it (my favorite upgrade), and it's great. You still have to wait for leaf-decay, but I'm thinking a couple of Hobgoblins might make that less of a pain.

Why the hobgoblins would help?