[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
There is no way at all to automate Fluxed crystals. Not at all. It's materials for free. You might as well work for it a bit.

I do remember something about changing configs to allow you to use normal crafting grids to craft the things. But I haven't tried that yet.

You mean theres no way to FULLY automate fluxed crystals, you can automate the farming, and first stage of breaking the crystals with autonomous activators and you can automatically pull out of the cutter & refiner with steves factory manager. In the dev version of the mod apparently full automation should be possible, when we'll see that though I have no idea.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...rystals-everything-changed-when-i?comment=100

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You mean theres no way to FULLY automate fluxed crystals, you can automate the farming, and first stage of breaking the crystals with autonomous activators and you can automatically pull out of the cutter & refiner with steves factory manager. In the dev version of the mod apparently full automation should be possible, when we'll see that though I have no idea.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...rystals-everything-changed-when-i?comment=100

Dev version is in development version. It's not even available for download yet.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problem, had the latest Chisel version and all, but still kept crashing. The problem is the pillar in your inventory, b/c clearing out the spatial area didn't help. So your only option is to get it out of your inventory, mby try NBTEditor and delete the item, I tried, but failed, but that's just mby coz i'm a noob ;)

You would need to use an NTBediter and remove the crashy item from your inventory.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so that happened.
Ahem
WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
Do not under any circumstances update Aura cascade and make a Portable red hole.

I tested it and it blew up a quarter of my test worlds observatory. Ate a hole right threw with dozzenes and dozzens of mini holes. Then I though it might be a good way to deal with the red aria. After all the chamber is surrounded by bedrock. So it should be safe enough.
Nope went right through.

Last edited:

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Understood, sticking with vanilla "ish" install. Only thing I did was lower the tnl exp on tinkers. I'll take your word on explosions of death then. Thanks!

Revengemaster31

Jul 29, 2019

Exactly what I was wondering, I know you can't automate the final part, where you make the smooth shards into an item, but I just want to be able to automatically cut them. I have an automated farm going, but the refining process takes awhile with all the shards I'm getting, even with 3 speed upgrades. I'm new to Steve's Factory manager, and if there is a way to automate that bit, Id be glad to hear it.

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what I was wondering, I know you can't automate the final part, where you make the smooth shards into an item, but I just want to be able to automatically cut them. I have an automated farm going, but the refining process takes awhile with all the shards I'm getting, even with 3 speed upgrades. I'm new to Steve's Factory manager, and if there is a way to automate that bit, Id be glad to hear it.

Well, there is a config option to just craft the shards in a normal crafting recipe, which also makes the plants drop smooth shards instead of chunks, then you just combine either 9 or 4 (config option) in a recipe to get your item. and that's it, super easy to automate like that.
I set my config to 4 item crafting and it give the exact same amount of items as the normal method for any item that required 16 shards in the refiner

Revengemaster31

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is a config option to just craft the shards in a normal crafting recipe, which also makes the plants drop smooth shards instead of chunks, then you just combine either 9 or 4 (config option) in a recipe to get your item. and that's it, super easy to automate like that.
I set my config to 4 item crafting and it give the exact same amount of items as the normal method for any item that required 16 shards in the refiner
Where in the configs can I find that? Also, would it mess up my current setup of Fluxed-Crystals?

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Where in the configs can I find that? Also, would it mess up my current setup of Fluxed-Crystals?
I can't speak to the second, though I think the biggest concern is losing any rough shards / chunks you've accumulated, but in config\fluxedCrystals\fluxedCrystals.cfg the second small section with the heading of "drops" is what you need. The first option is for crafting in a normal crafting table - easy enough; set it to "true" to remove the refining mechanic. The second is for 9 vs 4 shards, and that one's a little bit of a pain as it doesn't say which option is "true" vs "false", but it shouldn't prove too difficult to find out and get it to the one you want.

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
iv managed to fully automate fluxed crystals easy n iv got pics to show u how it can be done its really easy with ender io,ae2 n few other items

Attachments

• 2015-02-16_16.30.16.png
    2015-02-16_16.30.16.png
    938.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2015-02-16_16.30.30.png
    2015-02-16_16.30.30.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 91

Gre

Jul 29, 2019
i updated to 1.0.4 and i was able to play my world a couple times but now when i do it it loads then goes back to title screen any help im on mac

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
I can't speak to the second, though I think the biggest concern is losing any rough shards / chunks you've accumulated, but in config\fluxedCrystals\fluxedCrystals.cfg the second small section with the heading of "drops" is what you need. The first option is for crafting in a normal crafting table - easy enough; set it to "true" to remove the refining mechanic. The second is for 9 vs 4 shards, and that one's a little bit of a pain as it doesn't say which option is "true" vs "false", but it shouldn't prove too difficult to find out and get it to the one you want.

you don't lose any rough shards or chunks, and the original crafting method of cutting and refining still works without issue

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
maybe a strange question, but ehm, how do i obtain any eggs? need em for quest.
note: i do have several chickens, but they aren`t laying eggs
You need to breed chickens into a domesticated strain. The chickens you start with are wild.

Keep breeding them - you should be able to get two sets of chicks before the first grow up. Cull the prior generation so they don't get mixed up. Eventually, instead of the yellowish wild chickens, you'll get white ones. Also, the Waila tooltip will stop saying they're from "Improving Minecraft" and just say "Minecraft". Those chickens will lay eggs.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the end of the Lost in Time quest chain,

Can I get back to the Overworld/Nether after I make it home? I tried going back into the Deep Dark portal in my base and I am stuck in a black room nothing around. I can move a few blocks but nothing to break/invisible walls. I had to gamemode keepinventory and kill myself to get out.

I tried recopying the DIM100 from template, but same thing.. I want to go back for more resources! I had just made it home before the latest update, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the end of the Lost in Time quest chain,

Can I get back to the Overworld/Nether after I make it home? I tried going back into the Deep Dark portal in my base and I am stuck in a black room nothing around. I can move a few blocks but nothing to break/invisible walls. I had to gamemode keepinventory and kill myself to get out.

I tried recopying the DIM100 from template, but same thing.. I want to go back for more resources! I had just made it home before the latest update, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Exit the map and re-enter. That's a loading bug I think.