[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Jul 29, 2019
You need to breed chickens into a domesticated strain. The chickens you start with are wild.

Keep breeding them - you should be able to get two sets of chicks before the first grow up. Cull the prior generation so they don't get mixed up. Eventually, instead of the yellowish wild chickens, you'll get white ones. Also, the Waila tooltip will stop saying they're from "Improving Minecraft" and just say "Minecraft". Those chickens will lay eggs.

Ah!! thanks!!..

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reliable way to get oxeye daisies? They're needed for the Spectre imbue for one of the quests, but bonemeal on grass only seems to spawn dandelions and poppies (and grass), and the chemical synthesis recipe has conflicts and yields azure bluets.

Edit to add: yes, they're present in the biosphere, but the player may have already munched them up by the time the flask quest becomes available.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reliable way to get oxeye daisies? They're needed for the Spectre imbue for one of the quests, but bonemeal on grass only seems to spawn dandelions and poppies (and grass), and the chemical synthesis recipe has conflicts and yields azure bluets.

Edit to add: yes, they're present in the biosphere, but the player may have already munched them up by the time the flask quest becomes available.

No conflics. You have to put the chems in the right loacations.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Have a chicken trophy be placed by an autonomous activator, and then broken by a terrain placer and replaced.

Fixed.

Yah that is normal. But you will probaly have to crop back configs to the bear minimum.
But lava helps. As will going over the mobs into the roof. Or along the walls. And hunting down the hidden spawners.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
No conflics. You have to put the chems in the right loacations.
It's a shapeless recipe. I'm putting the chemicals in the exact place shown in NEI. This works fine for shaped recipes, but this is specifically tagged "shapless"[sic].

ikkonoishi

Jul 29, 2019
Yah that is normal. But you will probaly have to crop back configs to the bear minimum.
But lava helps. As will going over the mobs into the roof. Or along the walls. And hunting down the hidden spawners.

I can murder them fine with my scythe, but the lag is stronk. They are like a river of canine rage.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I can murder them fine with my scythe, but the lag is stronk. They are like a river of canine rage.

No you can't they spawn faster than you can kill them.
You need a way to passively kill them until you can get to there spawning location. Like literally covering the aria with lava.
Or making path by digging out the upper walls and dropping a gravel wall at the intersections. Breaking the aria into chunks.
There may be other options but I don't know them yet.

ikkonoishi

Jul 29, 2019
No you can't they spawn faster than you can kill them.
You need a way to passively kill them until you can get to there spawning location. Like literally covering the aria with lava.
Or making path by digging out the upper walls and dropping a gravel wall at the intersections. Breaking the aria into chunks.
There may be other options but I don't know them yet.

Knockback 3. Its like a snowblower.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for not including aroma backup by default. :(
Load shedding just chunked my world.
My fault too for not adding it...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Load shedding?

Its a long story. The government parastatal that has the monopoly on power production here has, as the result of corruption and incompetence, run out of generating capacity. As such they regularly switch off municipal areas to shed load so the entire system does not collapse.

TL;DR the power fails a lot.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Its a long story. The government parastatal that has the monopoly on power production here has, as the result of corruption and incompetence, run out of generating capacity. As such they regularly switch off municipal areas to shed load so the entire system does not collapse.

TL;DR the power fails a lot.

Ah, power died world broke. Well it needn't be totally lost. /HQM edit will give you a book that will let you pin in the quests that you already got... most of them. And if you can remember you can re-add most of the weopons and tools.

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
I found a cool secret yesterday, in the room beneath the observatory basement, I found so far 2 item buffers in the floor that together hold 9 legendary reward bag chunks, using that, plus the legendary reward bag on top of the shpere, you get enough bags to craft the seed.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, power died world broke. Well it needn't be totally lost. /HQM edit will give you a book that will let you pin in the quests that you already got... most of them. And if you can remember you can re-add most of the weopons and tools.

I'm seeing this an an opportunity to start fresh with 1.0.4

krakentoa

Jul 29, 2019
So, dimensions like the Deep Dark and the shrinking world (don't know what it is) are still unreachable because the observatory & surroundings are in the end?
Wouldn't it be possible to create a closed area of the overworld to use for those devices/portals to generate those other dimensions correctly?
Or are these other dimensions by design closed off?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So, dimensions like the Deep Dark and the shrinking world (don't know what it is) are still unreachable because the observatory & surroundings are in the end?
Wouldn't it be possible to create a closed area of the overworld to use for those devices/portals to generate those other dimensions correctly?
Or are these other dimensions by design closed off?

Last time I tested those they worked perfectly. And you use the deep dark portal to get to the overworld.

Reactions: krakentoa