[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I have gone a bit insane with complexity for not that much big gain.
2 eIO farms (Potato, Sugar Cane)
2 Vats (for making hootch - water + sugar + potato; and for Rocket Fuel - hootch + redstone + gunpowder)
6 eIO Combustion Gens (thats total of 960RF/t)
For making Redstone = IC2 crops
For Gunpowder i have powered spawner (creeper) with Killing Joe.
Then I have one extra farm for trees and few eIO crafters to make Wooden Axes and Wooden Hoes for the farms :)

Fully self-sustainable system. As said, not that much energy efficient, because in the end I am getting something about 700RF/t but I loved just building it :D And i think its not gonna be hard to expand it with more Combustion Gens :D

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jason, what ar eyou doing with the wooden axes and wooden hoes? I didn't understand that part (you said its self-sustainable, are you automating tilling/harvesting somehow?)

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, what ar eyou doing with the wooden axes and wooden hoes? I didn't understand that part (you said its self-sustainable, are you automating tilling/harvesting somehow?)

Enderio farms require tools, etc axe for tree farms so making wooden ones means that it's totally self sustainable. Quite a good idea but I bet he's burning through the wood to make those wooden axes.

Jason you might wanna think about a cobble generator and craft stone axes. You'd get more logs in return (if you need them that is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyure

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I have gone a bit insane with complexity for not that much big gain.
2 eIO farms (Potato, Sugar Cane)
2 Vats (for making hootch - water + sugar + potato; and for Rocket Fuel - hootch + redstone + gunpowder)
6 eIO Combustion Gens (thats total of 960RF/t)
For making Redstone = IC2 crops
For Gunpowder i have powered spawner (creeper) with Killing Joe.
Then I have one extra farm for trees and few eIO crafters to make Wooden Axes and Wooden Hoes for the farms :)

Fully self-sustainable system. As said, not that much energy efficient, because in the end I am getting something about 700RF/t but I loved just building it :D And i think its not gonna be hard to expand it with more Combustion Gens :D

When you say rocket fuel do you mean 'fuel'? I'm gathering oil for fuel production for diesel gens atm

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Wow have fun with that!! That's so far beyond me at the moment. I've still not found a uranium deposit :/ must be the only one I haven't found yet.

I can't wait until I've got a stable power system set up and I can start adding and making more machines.

I've just run into the whole 'steel needs liquid oxygen' thing now in the EBF so I'm working on a way to do that. I'd love to get a tank set up for every type of liquid I need but that day is quite far off yet!!!

Ooo... I remember finding my first Uranium, or Plutonium, I forget which. It was towards the end of a massive Mineshaft exploration trip, inventory nearly full, thinking about heading home, "Ooo, what's this ore?" Radiation sickness to death in about three seconds. *groan*

Reactions: Grove

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ooo... I remember finding my first Uranium, or Plutonium, I forget which. It was towards the end of a massive Mineshaft exploration trip, inventory nearly full, thinking about heading home, "Ooo, what's this ore?" Radiation sickness to death in about three seconds. *groan*
Lucky, I've still never found a plutonium vein.

Regular uranium 238 veins won't hurt you, but plutonium apparently gives you radiation sickness. 20+ minutes of it in case the first few seconds don't kill you.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
When you say rocket fuel do you mean 'fuel'? I'm gathering oil for fuel production for diesel gens atm

Nope.. I mean Rocket Fuel from EnderIO... it generates 160RF/t in one Combustion Generator up to total of 1120k RF with one bucket (for comparison normal BC Fuel is 60RF/t and up to 1500RF/t)
Enderio farms require tools, etc axe for tree farms so making wooden ones means that it's totally self sustainable. Quite a good idea but I bet he's burning through the wood to make those wooden axes.

Jason you might wanna think about a cobble generator and craft stone axes. You'd get more logs in return (if you need them that is)

The wood is really not any problem. Its making a ton of wood, and I am getting quite nice surplus.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Nope.. I mean Rocket Fuel from EnderIO... it generates 160RF/t in one Combustion Generator up to total of 1120k RF with one bucket (for comparison normal BC Fuel is 60RF/t and up to 1500RF/t)

The wood is really not any problem. Its making a ton of wood, and I am getting quite nice surplus.

Is love to see your setup and how your powering the bugger, the tree farm energy requirements are a little extreme for me atm at my current tech level

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is back powered from the 6 Combustion Gens. There was a little need for kickstart, so i used 6 buckets of fuel to kickstart everything (1 in each gen)

GuitarMoshi

Jul 29, 2019
If you're like me and get lucky and spawn at a high elevation right next to a huge coal vein and a nice Tetrahedrite/Copper vein up at the top of the closest mountain, and if you get even luckier and find a huge vein of Cassiterite/Tin within the first day of looking for one... then yeah, you'll have fun. But if you're not lucky... well let's just assume you will be lucky, okay? We don't want to be too negative before you even begin. :)

GregTech is the best mod there is (IMO obv) but his oregen might not be everybody's cup of tea, so to speak. Be prepared to do a lot of exploring, I ride my horse a lot and just see if I can find anything but that obviously won't work for ores that generate below ground. But I've found a lot of deposits on horseback. Look for chasms, I finally found my coveted Galena Ore deposit (Galena is really lead+silver) in a chasm that I almost rode into. lol
I managed to wander from my initial spawn at the bottom of some shear cliffs at the ocean to a small plains biome right across a river from some high mountains that ended up having lignite and tetrahedrite veins, and I found a village with some brass, copper, iron, and a few other things. I'll probably mine those veins for awhile and then get a decent vanilla farm setup going before diving into anything GT. I'll likely get TC going first since there are some things that will be helpful for exploring and mining, and a golem treefarm to feed my 3 coke ovens would be nice.

There are a TON of high elevation biomes around me, so I'm hopeful that tin won't be a problem, but I haven't truly been exploring yet beyond a couple caves within 100blocks of my HoleBase. It's weird how empty the caves were though... the majority of my cave mining has been TC shards. I'm seeing a large amount of branch-mining exploration to come.

Totally agree about GT! I first learned GT back in 1.4.7 Ultimate, but I never got much farther than the first few multi-block machines back then since I was still learning Minecraft and just getting into modpacks. I remember thinking how cool my biomass-powered quarry was... :cool:

Reactions: Pyure and Grove

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's weird how empty the caves were though... the majority of my cave mining has been TC shards. I'm seeing a large amount of branch-mining exploration to come.

This is the big drawback to GT oregen IMO. Going caving used to be exciting, you'd come back with all sorts of needed ores. But now, going caving is rather boring, not to mention a waste of a lot of good torches. :rolleyes:

But that negative feeling is balanced by the overwhelming "YES!!!" feeling you get when you finally discover a big ore deposit of something you really need.

--------

I just started a new game, got killed by a Giraffe (lol), and when I broke my grave and got my stuff back, the book that shows all the GregTech ore levels turned white, and I can't open it now. Not a big deal, but it looks like something stripped some NBT tags from the book perhaps (i.e the gravestone mod)? I already know where the ores are anyways (theoretically LOL), but reporting it as odd behavior.

Last edited:

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
that moment when you make your new base bigger or move into a bigger base you look at all the chests you have to move and all the equipment you have to move and to take down your old makeshift adding on as you move up, set up and making it neat and organized. this is going to be a fun hour or two of moving. thank goodness its only 50 blocks away and not half of the map away

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
that moment when you make your new base bigger or move into a bigger base you look at all the chests you have to move and all the equipment you have to move and to take down your old makeshift adding on as you move up, set up and making it neat and organized. this is going to be a fun hour or two of moving. thank goodness its only 50 blocks away and not half of the map away

Here's how I do it... I live in the same cave I spent my very first night hiding in, until I've made an Applied Energistics ME Network, just a small one - an ME Controller, an ME Drive with four or five 1K drives in it. Oh, and a ME Terminal too of course. Once I reach that stage, I power it up and I dump everything I own into it. Literally. The only thing I don't put into it is my power supply blocks (boilers, turbine, even the railcraft tank blocks if you have a buffer tank) and the AE2 blocks. I carry those with me (make a backpack if needed).

NOW you're ready to move. When you get there, set up the power/steam, hook up the ME Network, get access to all your items, and you're all set to build a new base. I just made a big move like this myself, but real happy I did it. Caves are for cavemen!

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Im at my final location. i just had everything coming out and around my little 10x10 starter shack. now im moving into a 75x50 huge factory with 3 levels that same size.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Pitchblende, Uraninite and U238 will not give you radiation sickness in their ore and crushed forms, dusts, nuggets and (blobs?) will give you between 5-20 mins of sickness as far as im aware.
but you usually die long before any real time has run down, afaik the only way to avoid the damage is an ic2 hazmat suit.

Im at my final location. i just had everything coming out and around my little 10x10 starter shack. now im moving into a 75x50 huge factory with 3 levels that same size.
i had a hole in a hill for my initial base, then i ended up bringing all my stuff just about 1km to a new site that had a hell of alot more room, i cant say ive got three floors, but ive got plenty of room for the time being - mainly because i explore too much.

I also found a huge redstone/cinnabar/ruby node on my world so whenever ive needed redstone ive just gone down this cave for a wee bit and hacked out some more, seeing as i only had the power infrastructure to run a single centrifuge till recently, ive only just finished purifying the 10 odd stacks of redstone i dug up :p

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
WHOOO!!! i found a diamond mine! already got over 4 stacks of diamond ore and coal ores. i love this generation of ores.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how I do it... I live in the same cave I spent my very first night hiding in, until I've made an Applied Energistics ME Network, just a small one - an ME Controller, an ME Drive with four or five 1K drives in it. Oh, and a ME Terminal too of course. Once I reach that stage, I power it up and I dump everything I own into it. Literally. The only thing I don't put into it is my power supply blocks (boilers, turbine, even the railcraft tank blocks if you have a buffer tank) and the AE2 blocks. I carry those with me (make a backpack if needed).

NOW you're ready to move. When you get there, set up the power/steam, hook up the ME Network, get access to all your items, and you're all set to build a new base. I just made a big move like this myself, but real happy I did it. Caves are for cavemen!

I'm into the electric age now and I'm still not able to run an AE network because of the power requirements, you have to be quite developed before you can even this about this IMHO so I'm thinking you'll be living in that cave for quite a while!