[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
At the same time though that's cheating because if greg hasn't added its he's done that for a reason so I'd rather not go messing with the balance (that's up to Jason but it would be very op if he did add them).
Shrug, a miner is a miner. Its not supposed to be magically blocked by ores. If anything, if greg wanted to magically block IC2 from mining his ores, *that* would be cheating.

Oh god, the restarts needed to test this shit.
lol noooooo

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
At the same time though that's cheating because if greg hasn't added its he's done that for a reason so I'd rather not go messing with the balance (that's up to Jason but it would be very op if he did add them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the other hand, what's the point of making a block useless? Besides, you can always increase the energy cost if it completely offsets the balance.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
On the other hand, what's the point of making a block useless? Besides, you can always increase the energy cost if it completely offsets the balance.
I totally agree but other IC2 machines have been made completely useless by Greg so it's what ever he chooses :p

But hey if you need cobble then go for it! :D

IMO I think the IC2 miner should mine only ores which would be similar to ic2, eg gold ore, iron ore, coal ore, etc and leave the GT specific ores alone but who am I to say :/

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Some of you might noticed that there are quite a lot of crashes in the latest version of InfiTech modpack (v1.1.6 + Updates 1 and 2). Not gonna lie and hide. I am aware of this issue, and it is caused by Refined Relocation and Wireless Block Extenders.
I am not going to remove the mod from the pack, simply because in this way we can help @Dynious (mod author) to make it better and fix all (or most) of the problems. If you want to have smooth play, don't use WBextenders from RR. If you are still going to use them and will be crashing with them, please let me know with the crashlogs ready so I can get them to @Dynious .
It would be awesome if some of you would still use those Block Extenders and keep reporting the issues with them and crashes on the Github. But I can't force you to do so. This is your choice.

With that one quick tip for those who aren't able to start up the world or server after crash. In the forge.cfg file (inside config folder) there is an option: removeErroringEntities and removeErroringTileEntities these settings when set to true will instead of crash delete the offending blocks, so you should be able to start the server/SPworld again. Its best to also do a world backup before you will set these two config options, just in case. This doesnt always work, just FYI.

We at the Infinity Team are trying our best with reporting mod bugs to mod developers, but sometimes it will take longer for them to fix that.

I am really sorry for problems associated with RR.

Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I totally agree but other IC2 machines have been made completely useless by Greg so it's what ever he chooses :p

But hey if you need cobble then go for it! :D

IMO I think the IC2 miner should mine only ores which would be similar to ic2, eg gold ore, iron ore, coal ore, etc and leave the GT specific ores alone but who am I to say :/

I don't see the validity in the argument. An ore is an ore, unless you can justify it as "too hard" to mine. I can't think of any GT ores that would be harder to mine than, say, diamond.

If Gregtech ore veins had come first, I could see a plausible argument for not making it too easy to "mine my ore veins", but GT ore veins came second knowing full well that quarrying exists.

Also, and more importantly: No other quarry that I know of has this problem, so the above is moot. Don't like the IC2 miner? Use ender io or BC or whatever else your pack has.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

This has been already said and suggested for Greg to implement a full code to support IC2 miners... so we might expect the implementation "soon"

Reactions: Grove

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I just tested the miner in C with random GregTech ores, worked like a charm, so I don't even see what the problem is now lol

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
By the way, I just tested the miner in C with random GregTech ores, worked like a charm, so I don't even see what the problem is now lol
Can you clarify that? Which miner?

I tested the IC2 miner in C with random GT ores a few weeks ago and it totally ignored them. Maybe a new version fixed that (of IC2, GT or infitech pack itself)

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Hey does anyone know which steam turbine you should make when your first starting to make machines to get into the electrical age?
Cause i see 3 steam generators.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think your only option is the Basic one, unless you already have Aluminium.

People usually use the Basic one to get their Electric Blast Furnace running, and use that EBF to get some Aluminium in order to upgrade.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Can you clarify that? Which miner?

I tested the IC2 miner in C with random GT ores a few weeks ago and it totally ignored them. Maybe a new version fixed that (of IC2, GT or infitech pack itself)
I used the IC2 miner in C with a diamond drill, both OD and OV scanner, took random GT ores and placed them, mined them casually. Also Thaumcraft shards and amber, but it might've anyway. It probably either got fixed or you forgot the mining pipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1414007201][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey does anyone know which steam turbine you should make when your first starting to make machines to get into the electrical age?
Cause i see 3 steam generators.
I got a solar one, gotta love dat free power. I can also recommend a railcraft water tank, it generates water automatically.
Oh, and go exploring. If you find a dungeon/spawner/Thaumcraft altar and there's steel in it, you're probably good for a while, as you can use it to make steel tools, or if you get enough steel, skip the bronze age entirely. Also remember to keep at least a single steel nugget for flint and steel. You might be able to mold a nether portal, and you need glowstone to get going with Thaumcraft (this is probably the easiest to get going early, though I'd get a steam oven+solar boiler first for the free smelting.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Naw I was able to mine other stuff.

Interesting, I'll give it another spin tonight. The major appeals of this miner a) filters, and b) control of upper and lower elevation limit, c) native IC2 power[DOUBLEPOST=1414014411][/DOUBLEPOST]IC2 Advanced Miner still does nothing for me on GT ores. Chews through everything else though.

BC Miner a bit more promising. It processed GT ores just fine. It runs really fast with an EnderIO Stirling Generator (coal required, no water). Not sure if its accepting RF directly, or enetbridge helping.
If you have enetbridge, you can do completely fuelless with an LV Machine Box + Solar Panel + LV IC2Transformer. It processes 1 block every 15 seconds or so. Slow, but if you're like me, you'd set up a bunch of these and check them out later.

Last edited:

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah! not 300 blocks from my base i found a double vein of really rich (plain) copper ore and a super rich iron vein. i am constantly digging the ore out of the walls and ive been going though 5 picks and about 2 hours and i think ive only gotten half of both veins. the copper and iron veins are intermixed so 9/10 times that im digging it is an ore block

Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bunch of tools at your disposal.
* Some people like horses
* Thaumcraft lets you craft boots that can run stupidly fast
* Refined Relocation has a player teleporting mechanism (never used it, dunno what its range is)
* Thaumcraft lets you build roads that let you run stupidly fast

RAILCRAFT!!! DAMN YOU! RAILCRAFT! :p
sorry, everyone forgets that.

Damn the IC2 miner!

It should work but powering them... Does BC use MJ or RF now? I can't keep track :p

Is its RF then the enderIO generator would be the best thing I can think of although you'd need a battery of the things powering them or capacitors

If it's MJ then it's not realistically possiblE IMO because they don't have any Mass-production power machines only crappy engines.
Can be powered with a clockwork engine from forestry, if those still generate mj ... failing that, a single sterling engine from BC will do a depth of 80 blocks on 8 pieces of charcoal.

Oh yeah! not 300 blocks from my base i found a double vein of really rich (plain) copper ore and a super rich iron vein. i am constantly digging the ore out of the walls and ive been going though 5 picks and about 2 hours and i think ive only gotten half of both veins. the copper and iron veins are intermixed so 9/10 times that im digging it is an ore block

You should see the limonite cave i found at about Y=30 in a glacier, i broke 3 wrought iron picks and i dont think i even got a quarter of it.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Im using the dark iron i found in a dungeon to mine it out. and those have 1500 durability. So i have a major issue. i cant get magnetic iron rods. i need an electromagnetic polarizer and it wont show in NEI. and you need magnetic iron rods for motors in a steam turbine. help? or is NEI just being a jerk to me today?

Edit: i found out what i can do. you need 4 redstone with the rod in a crafting bench.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I normally use GT and other tech related thing but I'd like to start getting into the whole thaumcraft thing because other people have really benefitted from it. Anyone got any good suggestions or tips for me?

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Naw I was able to mine other stuff.

Interesting, I'll give it another spin tonight. The major appeals of this miner a) filters, and b) control of upper and lower elevation limit, c) native IC2 power[DOUBLEPOST=1414014411][/DOUBLEPOST]IC2 Advanced Miner still does nothing for me on GT ores. Chews through everything else though.

BC Miner a bit more promising. It processed GT ores just fine. It runs really fast with an EnderIO Stirling Generator (coal required, no water). Not sure if its accepting RF directly, or enetbridge helping.
If you have enetbridge, you can do completely fuelless with an LV Machine Box + Solar Panel + LV IC2Transformer. It processes 1 block every 15 seconds or so. Slow, but if you're like me, you'd set up a bunch of these and check them out later.
I'll check on the advanced miner once I get the time, but if I recall correctly, those work with a blacklist/whitelist system.

Edit: I just tested it with red granite silver ore, small thulium ore, and magnesium ore in the advanced miner. Did mine them up. Dunno what happened to your miner, but I'm guessing it got patched out.

Last edited: