[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
The only real issue I have with this pack is probably the time it takes to launch it. I can tell MC to launch with it, then go make some coffee, have a shower, bake a loaf of bread, eat diner, then come back and play.
Then there are minor things like it feels like forever before I actually find enough copper and tin to make stuff, but that might just be me being lazy/played too many casual modpacks.

It's known issue with Gregtech because of the sheer amount of recipes and stuff it takes ages to load. Nothing we can do about it but wait to see if this can be fixed. I'm sure minecraft being limited to 1 core doesn't help especially with modded MC (will Microsoft help with that???).

as for the finding copper/tin... Yes that's you being lazy the pack is meant to be hard :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Me and @MigukNamja have infinite tin and copper atm.

And iron and lead and redstone and diamonds and emeralds and, well, lots of other stuff. Miguk is freaking good with bees.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Bloody hell... Wish I was good with bees. I normally get so far then give up as I move onto other projects!

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I really just meant you can get nuggets from ingots shapelessly.

Maybe in InfiTech2 pack but not in the GT pack I'm playing (BR). Not steel nuggets anyway. Other nuggets, yeah, but steel is turned off. I figured it was just a Greg thing. I wish I could have gotten going in IT2 like I did in BR, but after repeated efforts at getting a good start in an IT2 world, I gave up and decided to keep progressing my BR world instead where I got perhaps one of the luckiest starts ever (in a big forest, with both a major coal seam and a tetrahedrite/copper deposit nearby, and i found cassiterite/tin within the first few minecraft days of looking for it).

I'm good with bees too, I generally make every single species without any "cheating" from Gendustry (lol I'm a nut for taking the long way). :) But I need a little time before I get that far... but yeah... bees. The answer to everything is always bees.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys and gals. Another QuickFix bunch is out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vtgeh9asi25v68/Update 2.zip?dl=0
Contains:
- Updated Project Zulu to 1.3e (delete the old version)
- Updated Refined Relocation to 1.0.6g (delete the old version)
- Pneumaticcraft plants auto-spreading disabled
- Fixed Tombstones bug where items were loosing their NBT data (Enchants and tool materials with GT Tools)
- Removed outdated entries in MT3 scripts, and little script cleanup
- Fixed Electric Locomotive and Metals Chest crafting
- Fixed Daylight Sensor crafting
- Fixes a crash with RR when using Relocator pipes and CESU (or other inventory with diferent input/output slots)
- Enabled hidden recipes in IC2
- EnderIO changes:
- Changed and fixed recipe of Dimensional Transceiver
- Nichrome is no longer craftable using eIO alloy smelter
- Reseted EnderIO config:
- See commit: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/commit/68120489f33cc3ddcbf28de1ca9b5663e41bb6bd for changes (there is a lot)
[DOUBLEPOST=1413824556][/DOUBLEPOST]I normaly will not push out mod updates in QuickFix bunches, but these two are rather important (PZ = fix for loosing enchanted items when breaking the tombstone; RR = crash fix which was causing corrupted worlds)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys and gals. Another QuickFix bunch is out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vtgeh9asi25v68/Update 2.zip?dl=0
Contains:
- Updated Project Zulu to 1.3e (delete the old version)
- Updated Refined Relocation to 1.0.6g (delete the old version)
- Pneumaticcraft plants auto-spreading disabled
- Fixed Tombstones bug where items were loosing their NBT data (Enchants and tool materials with GT Tools)
- Removed outdated entries in MT3 scripts, and little script cleanup
- Fixed Electric Locomotive and Metals Chest crafting
- Fixed Daylight Sensor crafting
- Fixes a crash with RR when using Relocator pipes and CESU (or other inventory with diferent input/output slots)
- Enabled hidden recipes in IC2
- EnderIO changes:
- Changed and fixed recipe of Dimensional Transceiver
- Nichrome is no longer craftable using eIO alloy smelter
- Reseted EnderIO config:
- See commit: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/commit/68120489f33cc3ddcbf28de1ca9b5663e41bb6bd for changes (there is a lot)
[DOUBLEPOST=1413824556][/DOUBLEPOST]I normaly will not push out mod updates in QuickFix bunches, but these two are rather important (PZ = fix for loosing enchanted items when breaking the tombstone; RR = crash fix which was causing corrupted worlds)
And here I just got my InfiTech 2 started ,o_o,

Reactions: Grove

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't Coal Dust work as fuel in a Bronze Blast Furnace? It works in the RC boiler. Since I've macerated all my Coal Ore into GT Coal Dust, how do I turn Coal Dust into Coal? They both have the same burn time, so they should be equal, shouldn't require compressing or anything like that - there's no recipes listed in NEI tho.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't Coal Dust work as fuel in a Bronze Blast Furnace? It works in the RC boiler. Since I've macerated all my Coal Ore into GT Coal Dust, how do I turn Coal Dust into Coal? They both have the same burn time, so they should be equal, shouldn't require compressing or anything like that - there's no recipes listed in NEI tho.

I'd imagine there would be something, possibly 9 coal dust = 1 block of coal, maybe try that? I'm not at a PC though so I couldn't try it myself but I'm sure there would be something

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If I remember correctly, you need to furnace the coal at a 1:1 ratio if you need the coal itself. I don't think you can turn the dust into coal and I don't think that's a bug. (Yes I understand that this is going to annoy you :p)

Not sure why the dust isn't viable in the blast furnace but I file it under "not a big deal."[DOUBLEPOST=1413829707][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys dunno why but this suddenly reminds me: don't try to break-harvest IC2 crops with a GT "sense" (greg's stupidly-named scythe). I say break-harvest meaning breaking the plant to get seed bags (left click) as opposed to reap-harvest, getting the produce but leaving the plant alive.

It does a sort of AOE block-break but seems to fail at giving seed bags back on the other blocks other than the center one you swing at.

Anyone know if IC2 crops still grow magically better at high altitudes due to a mysterious and bizarre "air quality" mechanic?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd imagine there would be something, possibly 9 coal dust = 1 block of coal, maybe try that? I'm not at a PC though so I couldn't try it myself but I'm sure there would be something

Nope, can't find anything that works. Agreed not a big deal, it's just odd for a GT material not to work in a GT machine. Against my better judgment I'm simply smelting my coal ore (takes 8 coal to smelt so a net of 56 coal per stack) even tho it doesn't double it.

SAG Mill has a recipe that gives 3 coal per coal ore, except it won't accept GT Coal Ore, the recipe lists regular Minecraft vanilla Coal Ore. Same goes for its Redstone Ore recipe. Oh well. Not a big deal, move on, agreed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
SAG Mill has a recipe that gives 3 coal per coal ore, except it won't accept GT Coal Ore, the recipe lists regular Minecraft vanilla Coal Ore. Same goes for its Redstone Ore recipe. Oh well. Not a big deal, move on, agreed.
That one you could argue is a bug (either both coal ores should work or neither should)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I wish GT had some kind of pump. Does the BC Factory pump run off EU or is it just RF? The wiki for the IC2 pump says it requires (and fills) containers, yuck. I just need a water supplier for my Railcraft boiler like the old TE Aqueous Accumulator. Why does Greg ignore the need to pump fluids around the base?

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft has a water tank that self-fills (slowly) like an accumulator, and GregTech pipes will auto-pull from it. I used them extensively. They are pretty cheap, too. The only drawback is that they are coke-oven size multiblocks.

Search "water tank siding" in NEI or something similar.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wish GT had some kind of pump. Does the BC Factory pump run off EU or is it just RF? The wiki for the IC2 pump says it requires (and fills) containers, yuck. I just need a water supplier for my Railcraft boiler like the old TE Aqueous Accumulator. Why does Greg ignore the need to pump fluids around the base?
The GT pump attaches to GT pipes to move liquids around (extracts and inserts into machines). I'm not sure but it may also pump liquid blocks.

If you're playing infitech, you have two infinite water sources that I'm aware of: the Ender IO reservoir and the railcraft water tank. The reservoir is better.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The GT pump attaches to GT pipes to move liquids around (extracts and inserts into machines). I'm not sure but it may also pump liquid blocks.

If you're playing infitech, you have two infinite water sources that I'm aware of: the Ender IO reservoir and the railcraft water tank. The reservoir is better.

Yeah the GT pump doesn't look like a block that you plop down somewhere, it looks more like a component that goes inside some advanced machinery.

I've made two mistakes so far (its how we learn, the hard way) - I built a Basic Extractor (correction) Basic Extruder that showed 32 volts input, only to realize that almost all the recipes require more than 32 volts. So that machine is sitting in a chest. And I also built a Basic Ore Washing Station, only to realize that it doesn't allow you to put water into it by hand or even using a bucket. Apparently you have to pump water into the machine, and therefore that one is also in the chest, and I'm still washing all my crushed ores by hand in the cauldron, three at a time. Oh yay. :)

Ender IO reservoir is easy to make, if that one block is infinte water then I'm gonna jump for joy. hehe But I can't really believe that's what you mean...

Oh, and I did get a steel nugget - make a GT bare steel wire, and put it into a Bronze Age alloy smelter with a nugget mold. Now I have a supply of nether quartz for EnderIO stuff. I can also get my AE going, still living out of chests, and never played AE2 with growing these crystals yet so this should be fun. hehe

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
If you toss them all in the cauldron (at least this worked for me) using alt + Q, i think you can wash a whole stack in one go ... not sure if that was fixed though.
Use a GT wooden fluid pipe to put water in your washing station.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah the GT pump doesn't look like a block that you plop down somewhere, it looks more like a component that goes inside some advanced machinery.

I've made two mistakes so far (its how we learn, the hard way) - I built a Basic Extractor (correction) Basic Extruder that showed 32 volts input, only to realize that almost all the recipes require more than 32 volts. So that machine is sitting in a chest. And I also built a Basic Ore Washing Station, only to realize that it doesn't allow you to put water into it by hand or even using a bucket. Apparently you have to pump water into the machine, and therefore that one is also in the chest, and I'm still washing all my crushed ores by hand in the cauldron, three at a time. Oh yay. :)

Ender IO reservoir is easy to make, if that one block is infinte water then I'm gonna jump for joy. hehe But I can't really believe that's what you mean...

Oh, and I did get a steel nugget - make a GT bare steel wire, and put it into a Bronze Age alloy smelter with a nugget mold. Now I have a supply of nether quartz for EnderIO stuff. I can also get my AE going, still living out of chests, and never played AE2 with growing these crystals yet so this should be fun. hehe
4 Reservoirs = 1 multiblock "acqueous accumulator". You need to put 2 buckets of water into it to make it go into infinite mode.

The pump is a "cover", sort of like a multipart panel. You can attach it to the end of a GT pipe and then screwdriver it to set which mode its in (insert vs output etc)

Reactions: Grove and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The Reservoir works great, thanks! Too bad the GT Ore Washing Station doesn't do what I want tho even after I gave it water. I think I was wrong - I guess can smelt the purified ores out of the Wash Station and get a bonus nugget every time. That works for me! Oh and I see I can process further (Centrifuge for example) and get bonus byproducts. The fun begins! :) What's the difference between GT Basic Centrifuge and GT Basic Thermal Centrifuge? Is one more "general purpose" and one more specialized?

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal centrifuge can be used to process nuclear fuel, if im remembering correctly it basically replaces the IC2 one - @Pyure will be able to tell you if im correct or not, i'm still faffing around with LV turbines here ...