[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
:p I don't know why I always choose eyeballs, i'm sure some psychologist can give you a reason why my brain seems to pick these things. I just call myself random!

I am continuing the videos with TT2, i've recorded the rest of them tonight, just got to go through rendering and editing and such. Hopefully i'll have them out later tonight/tomorrow. Vazkii has told me he added new stuff and has asked if I can do a full on non-spoilery spotlight (pretty nervous about that!), to have the first one on the cheat sheet would be amazing. Massive thanks as always Anna :) The rest of them after part one continues on my second channel as I try to veer all Minecraft related stuff that way. TC4 will be staying on the first channel though for the moment :)
I'm studying criminal psychology as a doctorate, now that you mention it. B]

If you like, instead of the research videos, I could put your spotlight on the cheat sheet instead?
Your choice, man. Let me know whatever you decide. I'll subscribe to your second channel soon, with that in mind, though I think your flagship should stay on the first channel.

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
It's a cheat sheet, may as well go all out and put that my cheaty vids on there :p One sec and i'll get you a link:
That will start at Part 1 up to part 4 :) The rest will come up over the next couple of days

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'll put it up tomorrow. I gotta go to bed now, according to the wifey. I have the flu.
= =[DOUBLEPOST=1385424577][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah hell I'll do it now. Won't be long!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the quick research for what I have right now.

Helmet of Revealing - Tutaman, Auram
Lost Spirit's Blade - Corpus, Fames, Spiritus, Telum
Dislocator - Alienis , Iter, Machina

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
NEW THINGS OF NEWNESS!?! Ooooooh helmet of revealing.... I wanna see..... Is it wrong that every update makes me feel like the excitement of running down the stairs and seeing presents under the christmas trees?

I love dat TC4 voodoo whoodoooo.

Ehnonimus

Jul 29, 2019
Been asking around for a couple of good names for the Modpack. So far, got two good ones.
  • More Magic than Johnson (MMJ)
  • Guild Arcane Crisis (GAC)

What about "Arcane Annarchy"?

Ah, I kill myself sometimes. *chortle*

Alternatively, just spell 'anarchy' normally. You'd still get points for alliteration.
k7QwlDt.jpg

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I tried Infernal Mobs in my modpack for a while, but it ended up just being a pain in the ass. The "sticky" modifier makes zero sense. If you hit the sticky mob with a sword, your sword falls on the ground. Fine. The sword got "stuck" to them or something. If you stand back and shoot the mob with a bow... your bow falls out of your hand?! If you shoot the mob with a wand... YOUR WAND GETS STUCK TO THEM SOMEHOW?! And Jegus help you if you run into a sticky mob that shoots fireballs. Murphy's Law dictates that whatever item gets sucked out of your hand WILL land in an open flame.

you know how much of an epic fail I had with infernal mobs + thaumcraft?
I found a pech that was infernal, with the sticky trait, but I didn't notice it in time. so here I pull out my awesome manamana sword from Tinker's Construct, modified through the roof, I hit the pech once and voila, my very expensive sword drops to the ground and the pech picks it up.... after that I uninstalled infernal mobs :p

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
you know how much of an epic fail I had with infernal mobs + thaumcraft?
I found a pech that was infernal, with the sticky trait, but I didn't notice it in time. so here I pull out my awesome manamana sword from Tinker's Construct, modified through the roof, I hit the pech once and voila, my very expensive sword drops to the ground and the pech picks it up.... after that I uninstalled infernal mobs :p

My "Nope" point was when an Infernal Sticky Skeleton spawned in my Redwood home and proceeded to torch all my weapons and burn the house down.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
My "Nope" point was when an Infernal Sticky Skeleton spawned in my Redwood home and proceeded to torch all my weapons and burn the house down.

yea... well, just no. I know you can remove certain traits from the infernal mobs in the configuration file, but the mod is just a bit too unbalanced for me...
I wouldn't mind it though if the mod would do a revamp and actually add boss mobs, which are mobs of that type, but a bit bigger, and a bit meaner looking with certain traits for that specific mob, with also specific loots coming from them. that'd help with these annoying traits that can be found on any mob

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
What about "Arcane Annarchy"?

Ah, I kill myself sometimes. *chortle*

Alternatively, just spell 'anarchy' normally. You'd still get points for alliteration.
k7QwlDt.jpg
Man I fucking love puns. But i'm afraid GAK is still taking the lead.
I MEAN WHAT IS GAK!?

Looking into Special mobs today as a replacement for Infernal Mobs. Fingers crossed.

If you guys feel like it, I'm looking for a mod that adds a dragon egg recipe tha still posts a challenge. Get researching!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Should I add the recipe for the Magic Magnet into the Magic Bees entries?
They're technically not in the thaumonomicon but...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Should I add the recipe for the Magic Magnet into the Magic Bees entries?
They're technically not in the thaumonomicon but...

I vote "yes" as it's quite an important and useful item for the mod. would be nice if it actually did get a thaumonomicon entry, as the entries do not need to be items/blocks that you can only craft magically. heck, thaumcraft even has items in there that are just normal crafting table entries.

I'm also working on a new modlist, magic centered again. this time with a bunch of more mods as I want to start over seeing as the mods I'm using have changed quite alot with recent updates, hope I can get everything working :p