[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

FunSmartCraft8

Jul 29, 2019
This is annoying as all hell. "Oh. It'll take 3 days for you to be able to make this shipment again."
2 days later. "2 days until you can repeat this quest."
2 days later. "It'll be 1 day until you can repeat this quest."
1 day later. "It'll be 13 hours until you can repeat this quest."
13 hours later. "It'll be 20 hours until you can repeat this quest again."
12 hours later. "It'll be 3 hours until you can repeat this quest again."
1 hour later. "It'll be 13 hours until you can repeat this quest again."
Me: *PULLING OUT MY HAIR!!!*

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
This is annoying as all hell. "Oh. It'll take 3 days for you to be able to make this shipment again."
What Version are you on? This shouldn't be happening in the newest version

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
This is actually a bug with HQM, I've heard it's been giving many people grievances. Unfortunately it's nothing I can help with, so you'll have to bug the HQM devs about it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Haven't seen anyone doing a server yet?

Last edited:

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2014-10-3_0-25-6.png

How do you like THEM APPLES
spent freaking ages on this pile
took longer than beating most of Material Energy^3

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, kudos to you man.

Anyways, sorry that I haven't been keeping you guys up to date, but I have been rather busy since university started. I am still planning on updating the pack at some stage, but considering the amount of time I have to focus elsewhere now, I can't guarantee anything.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite enjoying this pack. It sure does get grindy in places, but I guess that's half the fun :)

Is there any legit way to get an ink sac in this pack? I cheated one in to make some labels for the alembics… I guess I could have made a squid spawning pond, but going outside feels like cheating anyway. Maybe some ink sacs would make a nice reward. Or maybe put 8 labels in the Thaumcraft starter chest.

I'm also finding it a bit frustrating that I can't have a golem carry cobble from the extruder to the alchemical furnace. The stones of warding… are we allowed to remove some of them to allow golems to move around more freely?

As someone else mentioned, it would be nice to have two extruders.

It would also be nice if the two farm areas were further apart. At present if I have sheep in both farms, butchers will kill all the sheep in one farm because they see the sheep in the other farm.

For the Thaumcraft essentia quests… the quicksilver reward barely covers the cost of the warded jars submitted for the quest. For the Nitor quest the cost of the glowstone (200) is greater than the payment (192). I think all the TC quests need rebalancing.

I think the batteries quest reward is a bit low, given the materials and effort required to complete it.

There were a couple of other things I wanted to mention, but I've forgotten. I'll post them up when I remember.

Thanks for the great pack… it's a really fresh way of playing MC and HQM.

Thank you, and
KeepOnDigging!

Last edited:

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I remembered something I wanted to ask…

What is the rule about creating/placing endstone to set up an ender lily farm?

Also, the Redstone Flux Capacitors I manufactured would not be accepted for the Jetpacks quest.

For the TC Medicine quest… it would be nice to have the option to buy additional Alembics as an upgrade for the Furnace. This quest took me literally hours of sitting in front of the furnace manually voiding unnecessary essentia from one alembic!

Creepmas quest… the cost of the glowstone to complete the quest exceeds the reward value. Are we in business in this factory? Or are we a charity?

KeepOnDigging!

edited to add some more ideas.

Last edited:

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, do the receipts serve any sort of purpose? I've been storing them in the filing cabinets in the office, and I dunno if perhaps there's a quest later that will use them or something of that sort?

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
For the TC Medicine quest… it would be nice to have the option to buy additional Alembics as an upgrade for the Furnace. This quest took me literally hours of sitting in front of the furnace manually voiding unnecessary essentia from one alembic!

Creepmas quest… the cost of the glowstone to complete the quest exceeds the reward value. Are we in business in this factory? Or are we a charity?

I think we take a few jobs at a loss in order to develop client relationships in the expectation of a good payoff down the road. Either that or we're just terrible at bookkeeping.

If you have a bunch of warded jars and an alchemy golem delivering to them you shouldn't have to babysit your furnace quite so much. I agree, though, I'd really like to be able to purchase alembics, and also either purchase or craft labels.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Righto, time to roll up the sleeves:

Is there any legit way to get an ink sac in this pack? I cheated one in to make some labels for the alembics… I guess I could have made a squid spawning pond, but going outside feels like cheating anyway. Maybe some ink sacs would make a nice reward. Or maybe put 8 labels in the Thaumcraft starter chest.

I'm also finding it a bit frustrating that I can't have a golem carry cobble from the extruder to the alchemical furnace. The stones of warding… are we allowed to remove some of them to allow golems to move around more freely?

It would also be nice if the two farm areas were further apart. At present if I have sheep in both farms, butchers will kill all the sheep in one farm because they see the sheep in the other farm.

For the Thaumcraft essentia quests… the quicksilver reward barely covers the cost of the warded jars submitted for the quest. For the Nitor quest the cost of the glowstone (200) is greater than the payment (192). I think all the TC quests need rebalancing.

I personally don't see the need for labels, but I suppose I can add them to the shop. Also, I would've thought that the loot bag would've made the difference for the money loss on the nitor quest, as well as using the materials from the strongbox for other quests, but I can look into that.

Speaking of nether imports, grinding netherrack was one way of getting sulfur, and there's a loot bag reward that was a stack of sulfur too.

What is the rule about creating/placing endstone to set up an ender lily farm?

Also, the Redstone Flux Capacitors I manufactured would not be accepted for the Jetpacks quest.

Endstone, there isn't a rule really. I'd say so long as it's in the farming area, it's fine. RF capacitors, that's a bug with HQM, but I think I know a workaround to fix it.As for unneeded essentia, one of the rewards is 4 void jars. If you happened to find that, that could help you out a bit.

And Creepmass? Hell if I know, I just wanted to throw in something that seemed fun. May be poking that a little bit.

I'm curious, do the receipts serve any sort of purpose? I've been storing them in the filing cabinets in the office, and I dunno if perhaps there's a quest later that will use them or something of that sort?

You've never had the joy of unnecessary red tape, have you?

I think we take a few jobs at a loss in order to develop client relationships in the expectation of a good payoff down the road. Either that or we're just terrible at bookkeeping.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY

I really should have a look at the latergame balance, that much is clear to me. No massive changes, since in industry, you win some, you lose some, that's business.

[Also yes, you will need to start a new map for the update when it comes out]
[yes you can cheat your old stuff back in]
[hi mum]

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice about the Thaumcraft essentia handling. Much easier :)

I finished the pack this morning. I found it a bit grindy towards the end, and there's no scope to really scale things up like I would in say Agrarian Skies. Because of the limited amount of space available and the restrictions on building.

Thanks for the pack, Capt'n. Great to see a completely different take on the quests :)

KeepOnDigging!

Printerb50s

Jul 29, 2019
there seems to be a glitch (for me at least) where if i do the quest to buy iron under shop and try to do it without going out the gui it crashes me

reficulagi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a bug with the mode pack or just with thaumcraft itself, but it seems like the golem's have a tough time inputting items into filling cabinets from extra utilities. Instead if putting the items into the cabinet's the golem decided to sit in front of them with items in hand. I was using an empty core having it pull from a wood chest and I was trying to have them put the the items into the filling cabinets for easy storage of ingots. I haven't tried the fill core seeing as i would need more golems for the number of different ingots and item's like redstone, coal, diamonds, emeralds (which i dont even know if i can get them yet), ect...