[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
maybe consider since you have lockdown as a mod make it a void world may help some people that have a really bad pc. because void worlds are not slow to generate if you understand this
The world is a superflat, I'd imagine that they don't cause much lag, especially as it's intended to be in peaceful, or at least with no mobs.

Besides, if it was a void world, what would you look at outside the windows?

It was when I was shift right clicking golems to link them to machines/chests, it froze up for 2-3 seconds and then crashed. I did a fresh install and tried again thinking it might have been a corrupt download but same thing happened. Also I deleted the files so I haven't a crash report now =/.

Hm, I can guarantee that vanilla chests works with golems, and you do need to correctly colour the TE machines. As said earlier, the top of machines aren't usable.

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, when I complete a quest with a cooldown, it never cools down, because the time keeps going back up. What do I do?

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, a quest finished it's cooldown, though I still don't know why the cooldown time goes up a bit for a while.

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I love this pack. I just want more mods, more quests, more awesomeness! There's so much more you can do with this concept to make an amazing pack!

Reactions: Prometition

hiihavealongname

Jul 29, 2019
i found two exploits first you can make iron blocks out of the iron truck
second there is no need for food because you said to play in peaceful

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
but if you destroy the truck, how are you meant to deliver the goods?

Also, I believe earlier in this thread there are ways to make it on a harder difficulty without mob spawns. you may want to look at that.

TBH I don't think I'll be coming back to this map, considering the last time I updated this, it's been apparent for a while. I considered changing some of the rewards, but I don't have the time, really.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
but if you destroy the truck, how are you meant to deliver the goods?

Also, I believe earlier in this thread there are ways to make it on a harder difficulty without mob spawns. you may want to look at that.

TBH I don't think I'll be coming back to this map, considering the last time I updated this, it's been apparent for a while. I considered changing some of the rewards, but I don't have the time, really.
Could you make another map? I want to see what you could do. Maybe for the new jampacked?

Reactions: Pudding01

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i found two exploits first you can make iron blocks out of the iron truck
second there is no need for food because you said to play in peaceful
Your not supposed to destroy the Building or the parts in. Also you don't have to play on peaceful. You can turn Mob spawning off which allows to to play on hard and be able to eat and deal with the harder settings.

GamerX2O

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
Note that because of the gate block, you can't use the top of any of the machines.
If you are having any difficulty with the QDS quests, try placing a hopper (or similar) next to it. This is the only exception I'll make to the 'no transportation blocks' rule.
There may be a bug with HQM about cooldown repeatable quests not showing correct timings, it seems to be a visual bug, but I am unsure if it is anything more. It is something I know of and can do nothing about.

Anyways, I have answered a question about the usage of strongboxes, and something else I came up with on the spot!
Feel free to use and abuse them as you see fit, so long as they don't conflict with the existing rules. Upgrading them is allowed, moving stuff in them is allowed too. It's not map breaking as really you can just shove it in your inventory and make a few trips otherwise.

However, you can choose to eschew my words and make it all the more challenging for yourself by only using chests and instead making a pile of strongboxes. It is up to you where you make your strongbox pile, but I want you to take screenshots of your strongbox pile and share it with the world! This, is the Strongbox Challenge! The most impressive pile of strongboxes I might even show off on the front page, so eternal glory can be yours! Or something.

Pile of the day: Falkner35's pile!
upload_2014-10-3_0-25-6-png.13056

Hello, one and all, this is a unique concept for a map (as far as I'm aware at least) where the objective of the map is not about survival or thrival, this is going to be an economy based map! with money! and golems!

You are the owner of a factory. Your objective is to make big bucks. However, you are not allowed to use pipes (or hoppers, I know what some of you are like). The whole idea of this map is to use golems to carry items from one place to another, and I know some of you are thinking "Oh god not more thaumcraft research," to which I am happy to reply that you are able to get golems through the magic that I call 'HQM economy simulator repeatable quests', or shops.

Rules that I have planned
  • Play on Peaceful, or at least without any mobs.
  • You cannot pick up or move the machines, You will only be allowed to move chests, strongboxes, and of course; Golems.
  • I would prefer it if there were no chests on the output sides of the machines, that's for the golems to pick up. Same goes with hoppers on input sides. However, It is acceptable to have such items when connecting to the QDS, as apparently Golems do not work well with them.
  • You are not allowed to make more machines, but you are allowed to craft tools, such as axes, hoes, and the golden bag of holding, for example.
  • If you find any loopholes, please notify me about it, and carry on playing the map as it was intended to be played.

9WNYLom.jpg

(I know it's a flat world, hopefully you won't be leaving the factory.)
NHsrbaF.png

it2Ltio.png

Lz1zxEj.png

K4I3jNN.png

UCIgYkQ.png

The beginnings of your new career!

YkOP1sH.png

Future Quest mindmap

z9dMdf1.png

7uP3rwU.png

Current images for the launcher, better ones would be appreciated.

Magzie explains the map very well, he also talks about earlygame strats. Would recommend.
THEM GOSH DERN KIDS BREAKING MY WALLS AND MY RULES BACK IN MY DAY WE zzzzzzzz
Another good highlight of the pack by MeatyLock.

Thaumcraft: Open so long as there is a link to the thread, Also Spreadsheet
CoFH Core: Open, Spreadsheet
Thermal Expansion: Open, Spreadsheet
Extra Utilities: Open, Spreadsheet
HQM: Gave permission for the Jam Packed competition

The modpack is now on the launcher! The code is: "capitalism"
The reason I don't have computercraft is because of a few reasons:
1. I want to have a very simple modpack, the less mods, the less intensive the modpack is on your computer.
2. I want to use HQM in a way people wouldn't have thought, and so far, I haven't seen anyone use it as a shop.
3. I have no idea how to use computercraft.

Hopefully those answer your questions.

How the heck do I download this!!!!! WHERE THE HECK IS THE LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS A LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You enter the pack code once you download the Launcher. The launcher can be found under the download tab on the FTB home page. The pack code can be found on the OP post.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I dunno how to look at crash reports, but I am aware of things that can crash, I believe putting golems on strongboxes will crash the game but after relogging it should still work.

Is there anything else I should know of?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as this pack is from last Jampacked, could you please remove the Jampacked tag?
It will just make things easier at a later date when people start to post Jampacked 2 stuff, and want to play stuff for the competition.

I am not asking this on behalf of anyone at FTB, I am asking as a user, as I thought this was a JP2 entry.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as this pack is from last Jampacked, could you please remove the Jampacked tag?
It will just make things easier at a later date when people start to post Jampacked 2 stuff, and want to play stuff for the competition.

I am not asking this on behalf of anyone at FTB, I am asking as a user, as I thought this was a JP2 entry.
Jordsta doesn't understand the difference between 1 and 2