Whitelist Server ExodusMC [Monster 1.1.1][Whitelist][Tick Threading][32gb RAM][SSDs][Normal Difficulty]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy folks. I'm Rednek_Rage, a.k.a. Rage, and I have decided to start up a server. I have staffed and owned bukkit servers, but this is my first foray into running an FTB server. I also just started to get into Monster, and all the new mods that are available, and I love it. Coming from Unleashed, there is a whole new world of Mods to learn.

A little about the server. First, it is locally hosted on a dedicated server, running Monster 1.1.1, 32gb of ram, SSDs in raid, dedicated net pipe. We have an Enjin site, but due to the way we have decided to go with this server, it will be for pretty much just the forums. Also, I am an adult, no childish badmin crap that seems to be prevalent on a lot of the servers I have tried. We are most definitely "noob" friendly, as I am a noob to a lot of the mods in this pack. Great place to learn if you have never played Monster or even FTB!

What we are looking for is mature people who want to build and help the server out. We have not decided on all the plugins we will use, what items (if any) will be banned, or even built a spawn or in game shop. We are hoping to find some folks willingly to help with suggestions, if not the actual building of the server.

***We are most definitely in "Beta". However, we have decided that barring any major chunk corruption issues, we will keep the map when we go full public. As for rules, we will play this by ear based on how we decide to go when we are ready to open the doors to everyone.***

EDIT: We are no longer in "beta". We have decided on how this server will be done, and are making final preparations. We have decided on a player run server. Everything will be decided by the players. EVERYTHING. Also, we have decided on keeping it pretty "vanilla", so no admin shop, or anything of that nature. The only shops will be player run. I am in the process of building a common shop area for these shops. We will be using a hybrid currency, with essentials eco money and IC2 Credits as interchangeable currency.

Plugins (So Far):

Essentials
ModifyWorld
PermissionsEx
TekkitCustomizer
Prism
Vault
WorldGuard
WorldBorders
WorldEdit

Ended up having to remove MCPC+ due to some major issues with certain mods, and tick threading. May be added later, if i find a fix. Until then, it is "vanilla" Monster.

If you are interested, please post your in game name, and a short paragraph about your play style, experience with Monster, and a little bit about yourself in general. Thanks for checking us out!!!

The server address is ftb.exodusmc.us
Teamspeak address is ts.exodusmc.us

Banned Items [Work In Progress]{Side Note: We are only currently banning items that cause crashes or lag. However, If a problem arises from misuse of an item, to grief or otherwise, it will be added here!]:
1) Spike Traps from the Torch Levers mod. Crash Issue.
2) Anchors/Loaders. Lag issue. Exception being Chunk Loaders (maxed out at 9 chunks each, max 5 loaders per player.)
3) Mystcraft Age generation limited to 1 per player.
4) Multi-Tool. Crash issue.

Disabled Mods:
None So Far Other Than The Default Ones!

FYI there is no age limit.

Edit: Did not read the posting rules first. Added the required and suggested items.

Server Address: ftb.exodusmc.us

Also, feel free to add me in Skype. rednek.rage
Best way to let me know about problems, and crashes.

Last edited:

Nadiin

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Nadiin and Robet24
Experience: Still fairly new to this modpack so it will be a learning experience for all of us it seems. :)
Playstyle: Robet enjoys the technical stuff and is trying to automate everything he builds. I am more the magic type of person, but I am trying to get into the technical stuff myself, which I hope, I can do on this server.
Why this sever?: Well, we are looking for a friendly server with mature people which doesn't get shut down within a few weeks, so we can try getting more experience with this pack.

SeNi

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: _Seni_
Experience: played several modpacks ( Ultimate,Unleashed,Direwolf) for months.
Playstyle: Always trying to find new Methods to get unlimited ressources and energy. So I am more the tech guy
Why this server: I am tired of playing on servers owned by children who have never heard of good behavior and cheating admins. Also it's so annoying if the server you are playing on for weeks is suddenly shut down by the owner cause his motivation or money is gone.

If you have any problems with plugins/mods etc. I might can help you. Got some experience as co-owner/admin. So feel free to ask

Finally I have one question ;) Where are you guys from ? Might be easier to communicate if we know where the people are from we are writing with.

Ps. I am from Austria. Hope that's not a problem ;)
I think my English is decent enough :p

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
nadiin
Robet24
_Seni_

I added all three of you! Welcome!

Sent From My Note 3 Via Tapatalk App

van Krass

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: vanKrass
Experience: I played alot of Lite and DW20, but i really would like to start on a serious Monster Server.
Playstyle: That really depends, on the last server i played mainly tech in the beginnig and all the other stuff afterwards, but that is really not set for me as i like to change my playstyle eevry now and then
Why this server: My last server kind of died out as the owner had other ideas of playstsyle than most of the players, but it was a nice time nonetheless, but playing alone gets really boring so i am looking forward to a new server with friendly people

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
Later on. Gotta work to keep the bills paid lol.

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
If there is any issue on the server, or any problems that need fixing, let me know on here or add me on skype. Username: rednek.rage

Nadiin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the add! Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if a plugin is causing this.. but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have permission to interact with a block I am trying to break (grass, dirt, etc).

SeNi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Thats a problem with PermissionEx
If you just forgot to add our names stop reading here ;)
Otherwise check your permission.yml with

Code:
groups:
  Guest:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.chat
    prefix: '&f[&7Guest&f]&7 '
    options:
  User:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - essentials.clearinventory
    - essentials.time
    - essentials.spawn
    - essentials.msg
    - modifyworld.*
    - essentials.afk
    - essentials.delhome
    - essentials.home
    - essentials.kill
    - essentials.rules
    - essentials.sethome
    - essentials.sethome.multiple
    - essentials.tpa
    - essentials.tpahere
    - essentials.tpaccept
    - essentials.tpdeny
    - essentials.build.*
    - essentials.break.*
    inheritance:
    prefix: '&f[&2User&f]&2 '
    options:
  Support:
    permissions:
    - essentials.tp
    - essentials.tp.others
    - essentials.kick
    - essentials.kick.notify
    - essentials.ban.offline
    - essentials.ban.notify
    - essentials.ban
    - essentials.mute
    - essentials.mute.notify
    - permissions.manage.membership.user
    - essentials.item
    - essentials.invsee
    - essentials.invsee.modify
    prefix: '&f[&5Support&f]&5 '
    options:
    inheritance:
    - User  
  Admin:
    permissions:
    - '*'
    prefix: '&f[&4Admin&f]&4 '
    options:
    inheritance:
    - Support
users:

I can´t guarantee that everything works like you want it to. It´s an old code from my old server every admin had access to
If you need any help with PEX just contact me, I am back from work in ~4 hours
If necessary I can make a new permission file

Last edited:

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
Ok found the prob. I'm using mcmyadmin for the first time. Forgot to set it to export perms to pex. Should be fixed as soon as the server finishes restarting. Let me know!

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
Not a problem. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Edit: Fixed mob spawning issue.

Last edited:

manofthestars

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: manofthestars
Experience: played several modpacks: Ultimate,Unleashed for months.
Playstyle: Always messing around to see the best way to do things even if its simple... partly cause i take a while to do things
Why this server: new map and seems like there are not going to be stupid admins running around doing things for people that is cheaty or anything of that type. as well as its newbie friendly and i have not played much lately. especially with new versions of mods

Rage

Jul 29, 2019
@manofthestars Added!

Edit: It's the rule that my admin and I play legit. No creative or give commands allowed for anyone. Takes all the fun out of it!

Last edited:

ThaDarkKlown666

Jul 29, 2019
TheDarkKlown666 age: 21
I normally just use industrialcraft and try to build quarrys ect, but have been trying to get into rotarycraft since you can create alot of cool things using it, i used to do alot of thaumcraft but havnt had much experiance with the new one... i just wanna join a friendly community to learn and not have to deal with huge servers with limited access to mods and griefers it would also be my first server so just wanna meet awesome people
Looks like a cool private server