[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thermal centrifuge can be used to process nuclear fuel, if im remembering correctly it basically replaces the IC2 one - @Pyure will be able to tell you if im correct or not, i'm still faffing around with LV turbines here ...
That's in in a nutshell, although I confirmed for myself last night that you can process "depleted" nuclear fuel in a basic centrifuge.

The difference comes down to: what it can process, how long it takes, and how much it costs to do it. Sadly, I don't think the NEI shows what it can process or how long it takes, so its mostly trial and error.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, can't find anything that works. Agreed not a big deal, it's just odd for a GT material not to work in a GT machine. Against my better judgment I'm simply smelting my coal ore (takes 8 coal to smelt so a net of 56 coal per stack) even tho it doesn't double it.

SAG Mill has a recipe that gives 3 coal per coal ore, except it won't accept GT Coal Ore, the recipe lists regular Minecraft vanilla Coal Ore. Same goes for its Redstone Ore recipe. Oh well. Not a big deal, move on, agreed.
Yeah report the sag mill GT coal ore not working, that's a bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, awsome modpack and one I run on a small private server now, one request though, if possible, can Mekanism be intregrated into the mod pack at all, just happens to be one of the little mods I've played with before and really like and miss it not being in this modpack!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For Applied Energistics 2, is there any way to tell how much power is in an energy cell? In previous version you used to be able to mouse-over the ME Controller and it would tell you how much "AE power" the system was using. But in AE2 there doesn't seem to be a way to tell? Is there an analyzer tool perhaps? I just built a very small AE network and I can't believe how it's literally sucking all the power out of my steam network leaving almost no power for my GT machines. I guess I'm gonna have to use separate power systems, that kinda sux but might be a good thing, perhaps its finally time to build a Big Reactor and generate some RF. I was never a fan of EU but with GT you gotta use it.

I'm pretty confused right now, I'm sure the AE energy cell is full, and I'm not doing anything with my network, it only consists of an ME Controller, an ME drive and ME terminal, plus an Energy Converter for EU->AE and Energy Cell to store AE power. Even when the network is doing nothing it is sucking down all my EU power.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi All, awsome modpack and one I run on a small private server now, one request though, if possible, can Mekanism be intregrated into the mod pack at all, just happens to be one of the little mods I've played with before and really like and miss it not being in this modpack!
There's probably nothing stopping you from adding it, but just be advised it will seriously break the "balance" of the game. Mekanism is a strong tech mod with machines that would supplant rather than compliment the GT ones that this pack is based around.[DOUBLEPOST=1413905329][/DOUBLEPOST]
For Applied Energistics 2, is there any way to tell how much power is in an energy cell? In previous version you used to be able to mouse-over the ME Controller and it would tell you how much "AE power" the system was using. But in AE2 there doesn't seem to be a way to tell? Is there an analyzer tool perhaps? I just built a very small AE network and I can't believe how it's literally sucking all the power out of my steam network leaving almost no power for my GT machines. I guess I'm gonna have to use separate power systems, that kinda sux but might be a good thing, perhaps its finally time to build a Big Reactor and generate some RF. I was never a fan of EU but with GT you gotta use it.

I'm pretty confused right now, I'm sure the AE energy cell is full, and I'm not doing anything with my network, it only consists of an ME Controller, an ME drive and ME terminal, plus an Energy Converter for EU->AE and Energy Cell to store AE power. Even when the network is doing nothing it is sucking down all my EU power.
I've been learning a lot of AE2 stuff the last couple days. I believe you can gauge the energy cells current supply with the "Network Tool". This tool was fixed in a recent InfiTech update, so make sure you're patched in order to craft it.

Right clicking any part of the network will tell you what components are drawing power. Many parts, such as cabling, have no draw, but just about anything that provides or consumes channels does draw "passive" power, even when the system is idle.

Personally, I have my AE system to shut down at all times except when a) I'm standing at a terminal, or b) its busy crafting something.

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

I have a forestry tree farm that's giving off a nice load of apples, I plan to use these to get methane (as well as a zombies powered spawn for rotten flesh>methane) to solely power my future AE2 network although as for the power requirements and stuff I have no idea atm I just hope it will be possible

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I have my AE system to shut down at all times except when a) I'm standing at a terminal, or b) its busy crafting something.

I dunno how I missed the Network Tool, but I did. sigh Thanks! And yes I can definitely see the point to shutting off AE when not needed. Wow is it blasting thru my power. Think I already figured it out too, no Dark Cable anymore but a Toggle Bus and pressure plate seems to have done the trick quite nicely. Again, thanks!

I have a forestry tree farm that's giving off a nice load of apples, I plan to use these to get methane (as well as a zombies powered spawn for rotten flesh>methane) to solely power my future AE2 network although as for the power requirements and stuff I have no idea atm I just hope it will be possible

Another couple of great ideas... Foresty is indeed very awesome but I need power to run some farms, and I think it is time for a Big Reactor! And the rotten flesh to methane has gotten me curious, I was wondering what the gasses were for the GT Gas Turbine and how you get them. Say no more! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Think I already figured it out too, no Dark Cable anymore but a Toggle Bus and pressure plate seems to have done the trick quite nicely.

Another couple of great ideas... Foresty is indeed very awesome but I need power to run some farms, and I think it is time for a Big Reactor! And the rotten flesh to methane has gotten me curious, I was wondering what the gasses were for the GT Gas Turbine and how you get them. Say no more! :)
Oooo toggle bus and a pressure plate, I'll have to try that!

Well my farm powers itself and generate excess charcoal, saplings and apples. My base sits on top of a massive apitite vein so that's not a problem for me.

I'm going to use that charcoal to power a RC Boiler but atm it powers a GT steam boiler but over time the GT boiler isn't as efficient as the RC boiler and my charcoal pro custom could keep 1 RC boiler going indefinitely.

My tree farm is powered by a hobbies Steam engine using charcoal from the farm itself via a enderio furnace and a enderio generator powered using the saplings so all I add is dirt every now and again and fertiliser :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
NEI frustrations... so I decide it's time to build a GT Battery Buffer and fill it with batteries. I see GT LV battery needs "Battery Alloy Plate" but I spend the next few minutes going in circles trying to figure out how to make this "Battery Alloy". All NEI shows me is that you can macerate a GT LV battery to get battery alloy plate. Umm... yeah. Okay. Pretty sure this was part of the previous "Antimony" discussion but now I can't figure it out. The chemical formula shown is Pb4Sb, I know the Pb is lead and I think the Sb is antimony, so 4 lead ingots and one antimony ingot in an alloy smelter perhaps? When NEI fails I guess we gotta do real science? LOL

Reactions: Grove

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You nailed it.

Dunno why NEI is giving you grief, I see several recipes for it (using dusts and ingots, and both the EIO and GT alloy smelter)

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
You nailed it.

Dunno why NEI is giving you grief, I see several recipes for it (using dusts and ingots, and both the EIO and GT alloy smelter)

I have the same issue, NEI doesn't show how to get battery alloy for me. I had to find out, I used the ore washing plant to wash crushed tetrahedrite to get tiny piles of atonomy or what ever it's called. Since then I've found out that snibite is the stuff you need to grind to be able to create battery alloy (note: not played in about two weeks so ore names might not be 100% correct! But I'm sure they are very similar, help out anyone?)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
stibnite works at an earlier voltage as I understand it. Tetrahedrite definitely works.

Both give me NEI recipes when i look at the recipes for Battery Alloy Ingot (not plate)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
wow. im just starting to realize how much bronze you need and iron to make tons of steel. ive cleared out an entire copper vein and part of another. my main issue is how freaking far the veins are away. and also is there any good way of carrying lots of stuff? cause the golden bags of holding wont work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
wow. im just starting to realize how much bronze you need and iron to make tons of steel. ive cleared out an entire copper vein and part of another. my main issue is how freaking far the veins are away. and also is there any good way of carrying lots of stuff? cause the golden bags of holding wont work.
Forestry backpacks.

Make miners version for sure. It doesn't hold "small ore" dusts, but it does hold GT "big" ores.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry backpacks.

Make miners version for sure. It doesn't hold "small ore" dusts, but it does hold GT "big" ores.

I actually always preferred the ProjectRed backpacks, but Forestry's are great if you're on a focused task like mining. Don't forestry backpacks require silky wisp or something, from bees? Oh maybe that's the upgraded version. Anyhow, PR backpacks are 64 string plus 8 sticks. I get the string when I find an abandoned mineshaft, and specifically, those poison spider spawners are string (cobweb) goldmines. Put a dye in the middle when you make em and you can have a backpack for every color of the rainbow. That's what I use, they're awesome. One backpack holds all my tools, another all my "on the road" stuff like a crafting table and bed and torches and food, and of course I always use a bunch of em just to throw the stuff I collect along the way into. I can explore or mine for days and never have to return to home base to unload.

Reactions: Grove

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, you'll find that the Forestry backpacks are somewhat helpful for carrying more things, but if you rely too much in the helpfulness of the 15 slotted backpacks, you'll find yourself rapidly disappointed. Especially in the Forester's Backpack. Those 15 slots fill up rather quickly when you harvest fruits and veggies...

Man, this mod pack really uses a lot of memory...

I need to mention something rather important. Every time I start up my game now, my map doesn't seem to be saved. (Not the world, the mod-provided map.) If I've made waypoints yesterday, they won't be here today. Should I explore new territory today, it won't be saved (and therefor there) the next.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Man, this mod pack really uses a lot of memory...

If you feel like experimenting with java, go back to one of the first posts on the thread about page 9? i think.
@MigukNamja posted some java args that really chop down how much memory the pack needs, i can launch on 2Gb now and its a hell of alot more stable/fast since then.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I need to mention something rather important. Every time I start up my game now, my map doesn't seem to be saved. (Not the world, the mod-provided map.) If I've made waypoints yesterday, they won't be here today. Should I explore new territory today, it won't be saved (and therefor there) the next.

Mapwriter bug apparently? I commented on it a few pages ago in this thread: See the "Update" part of my post.

There's a solution posted - when you exit the game for the day/evening, re-enter the game, load your world a second time... then just exit the game and shut down. The author says that should save the map settings and he's working on figuring it out and fixing it.

----------

So I'm moving my base (ugh, but since I'm living in a cave hollowed out where coal used to be... it was def time to move). I picked everything up except I can't figure out how to pick up the GT 1x Tin Cable that ran power to all my machines? The wrench doesn't work on it, anything else like a pickaxe just vaporizes it I think, takes forever to break. Is this cable intended to not be able to be removed, or am I being a dunce again and missing the obvious solution? Why do I worry about 5 or 6 tin cables? I'm even taking all the torches lining the walls before I leave for good. LOL

Last edited: