[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

Mystical Chill

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 issues with the questing in this mod that hopefully someone can help with...

1) Quest: Oceans of Water - The value is increasing, yet the book says 0%. I look at the Quest delivery system block and it says 3%. I am concerned I wont be able to finish this quest.

2) Quest: Flux Mastery - I can not submit the fully charged resident flux capacitor. I also can not set the Quest delivery block to the quest and drop it into a hopper. The item is gone, but the quest does not complete.

Any ideas on this issue? I re-installed the mod pack and that did not help. Is there a way to edit the book to accept the quest completions???

Also I am worried this has affected all quests not being able to complete...very disappointing.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
For #1, I think that's just a math issue with such a large number. I think the quest book knows what's going on and you'll be fine.

For #2, you really should search this thread as this has come up a few times. A couple of pages back someone posted the perfect solution to getting the Flux Mastery quest to register the capacitor.

And yes, you can use one of the /hqm commands (I think it's "edit", but I'm not positive) to edit the books.

IceMasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u I'm loving the pack and Questing however i recently found a very easily exploitable bug. In the Quest-book the final chapter, 8, allows you to get new 128cubed storage drives, just by having a questing book in your inventory. HOWEVER you can put the free 128cubed storage drives into a Chemical decomposer, giving you ridiculous amounts of Einsteinium and other precious MineChem3 materials. I hope you can fix this, Thanks -IceMasterJ :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u I'm loving the pack and Questing however i recently found a very easily exploitable bug. In the Quest-book the final chapter, 8, allows you to get new 128cubed storage drives, just by having a questing book in your inventory. HOWEVER you can put the free 128cubed storage drives into a Chemical decomposer, giving you ridiculous amounts of Einsteinium and other precious MineChem3 materials. I hope you can fix this, Thanks -IceMasterJ :p
Again.... He has no way of avoiding it and he considers it an exploit.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use exploits. when i do use those kind of things I lose fast my lack of interest. I think that would be a shame for this very nice made pack.
I didn't mean to say you were exploiting. Was just relaying what he said since its not the first time someone talks about this and Parcel point if view in this mater is lost on the first pages.

Minepilou

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome map, I love the idea of spatial storage dungeons. There is a problem I found though : Is it just my computer/config or is there really a problem with the spawn of Spiders? Each time I go in the biosphere or mining etc. I have like two billion spiders spawning everywhere. It would be cool to have a bit of variety :D. Also their sounds are really annoying. If it´s just me,could anyone tell me how to fix it please ? Else I may have discovered an issue : D

Again,thanks for the map and congrats for winning jampacked !

Edit: I'm a big noob right now,apparently it's done on purpose SORRY

Last edited:

Fyrhtu

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this map! One issue I'm seeing - I recently started playing on a single-player map; when entering the Armory, the walls were lined with tool cases and armor stands. My wife and I decided we loved the pack, and wanted to play on our server, so I moved the map to a freshly downloaded (Yesterday) server- when we enter the armory, the armor stands and tool cases are gone. When we switch to creative to replace them, the items show up in NEI and the creative window, but when placed in the world, immediately disappear. We tried a fresh install of the server with the built-in map, but the armory is still empty and the armor stands/toolcases disappear.
Is this currently intended (map change/etc,) or a bug?

Last edited:
Reactions: parcel31u

Voidable

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok. I was wondering if there was an easy way I hadn't tried yet. Yeah, I'll build a mob grinder. Yay! More stuff to do while ignoring the hard quests! :)

You can make ender pearls pretty easy using MineChem.

You need one Einsteinium and 8 Calcium Carbonate

Calcium Carbonate = 1 Calcium & 1 Carbonate (ion)

Carbonate (ion) = 3 Oxygen & 1 Carbon

Carbon is in coal and a lot of other things.
Oxygen is in a million things, stone, reeds, cobble...
Calcium is decomposed Hydroxylapatite, which is decomposed bones

Einsteinium is a chance byproduct of decomposing soul sand. NEI does not say this, but it does.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this map! One issue I'm seeing - I recently started playing on a single-player map; when entering the Armory, the walls were lined with tool cases and armor stands. My wife and I decided we loved the pack, and wanted to play on our server, so I moved the map to a freshly downloaded (Yesterday) server- when we enter the armory, the armor stands and tool cases are gone. When we switch to creative to replace them, the items show up in NEI and the creative window, but when placed in the world, immediately disappear. We tried a fresh install of the server with the built-in map, but the armory is still empty and the armor stands/toolcases disappear.
Is this currently intended (map change/etc,) or a bug?

Well it seems I forgot to add bibliocraft to the server mods....

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019

Einsteinium is a chance byproduct of decomposing soul sand. NEI does not say this, but it does.

Ender seeds also grow quickly on ender cores which are strewn about...

Thanks! (I figured it out a while ago, but I'm sure this info will help many other folks)

Well, at the time I didn't know where to find ender lilly seeds, so I went with creating them via MineChem. I ended up using 4 but I probably only needed two or three. At least one was a wasted throw. :)

In fact, I almost want to start the map over (the grindy dungeons get less fun the longer they go on) and really try to optimize the early game, knowing what I know now. Might be a fun exercise, and maybe then I could set up the observatory to be much less of a messy maze of tubes/machines/cables and random chests.

Voidable

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent. Hopefully this quest won't prevent me from getting those other areas. I'll need at least two to breed... and to find carrots somehow. I doubt there are enough left for me to just kill them off.

EDIT: Duh. Yeah, easy to find more. Easy to have lost the ones I found, too, but I got lucky and saved them before they died.

Lack of zombies, let alone a rare carrot dropping zombie, caused me to use MineChem to synthesize carrots. Very easy.

OmegasParadox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to assume you updated the pack since now there is only one way of getting 100% on first chapter and that is completing all other chapters and you dont talk like you had 100% on all of them.

Pack gets updates, quests change... new ones come... its the life of a pack!

And, as I said, you will only get 100% on first chapter when you complete all the chapters and some quests are hidden, so.... have fun!
I had done everything that was visible on the first chapter. Now half are blinking as if they have not been done. I have to redo half of the quests.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I had done everything that was visible on the first chapter. Now half are blinking as if they have not been done. I have to redo half of the quests.

Blinking, sure, but are they still complete? Some are repeatable. My apologies if that's an obvious question. Just wanted to rule out the easy stuff...

Reactions: parcel31u

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Blinking, sure, but are they still complete? Some are repeatable. My apologies if that's an obvious question. Just wanted to rule out the easy stuff...

Blinking only means they can completed. Some quests are repeatable, but completing them once counts for the total completion.

OmegasParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Blinking only means they can completed. Some quests are repeatable, but completing them once counts for the total completion.

They were not the repeatable ones . They were completed. I have just completed them all again so lets hope they stay that way.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Also the ender infused obsidian that is everywhere..... It gives all you need.

Mine chem general rule: if the recipe contains an item, when decomposed, you get the chems of that item.

Reactions: cannajan