• Total voters

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This is a cool Mod by tgame14 the make of Advanced Fluxian Tools and member Resonant modding team. It is called Applied Thermodynamics. This mod makes it so you have to cool down your ME system for it to function properly.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2333834-164-forge-applied-thermodynamics/

not really my kind of thing... I like AE, but there could be some changes to it in my opinion, so making AE harder then it is right now doesn't really seem like a fun challenge for me
AE2 is still in developement, so I'm really hoping some of the changes I'm thinking of will get added

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
not really my kind of thing... I like AE, but there could be some changes to it in my opinion, so making AE harder then it is right now doesn't really seem like a fun challenge for me
AE2 is still in developement, so I'm really hoping some of the changes I'm thinking of will get added
TBH I don't think I'll even use AE anymore after seeing some of the new mechanics.

Reactions: Bagman817

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Can I get the really quick, super concise, minimally derailing version of what your concerns are?
The decanting of crystals seems pretty annoying and immersion breaking. To me that is. AE is always a crafting chore for me and I put it off forever. Having to wait and work about checking on a crystal to stew is annoying. I don't even use AE much beyond storage. For my play style I'd have more fun with a few xact tables.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A and Pyure

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
The decanting of crystals seems pretty annoying and immersion breaking. To me that is. AE is always a crafting chore for me and I put it off forever. Having to wait and work about checking on a crystal to stew is annoying. I don't even use AE much beyond storage. For my play style I'd have more fun with a few xact tables.
I'm not thrilled about many of the changes in AE2 as well for some of the same reasons. I'll reserve my final verdict for how it will work together once ME auto-crafting is reimplemented though. Since SFM is updated to 1.7 now the crystals already became a non-issue for me.

Reactions: YX33A and RedBoss

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Or use this !
1tVSH.png

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful though, the 1.6 version has issues with IC2. Grim3212 has pulled IC2 support from 1.7 due to that, but the 1.6 version is already frozen.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't like your post because I think GC is better, I liked it because I agree that people should say "In my opinion" more often. I think this mod looks pretty awesome.

So then every single post will start with "In my opinion", it's a forum!! Every post is someones opinion...

Stop being so damn sensitive, just my opinion of course...

EDIT: also saying "in my opinion" does not exonerate yourself from being a tit, me included... It's perfectly acceptable to bring someone to heel for their opinions, it's a complete waste of time typing it.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So then every single post will start with "In my opinion", it's a forum!! Every post is someones opinion...

Stop being so damn sensitive, just my opinion of course...

EDIT: also saying "in my opinion" does not exonerate yourself from being a tit, me included... It's perfectly acceptable to bring someone to heel for their opinions, it's a complete waste of time typing it.
I don't know, people telling me that something is better than an alternate without backing anything up always seemed to annoy me.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, people telling me that something is better than an alternate without backing anything up always seemed to annoy me.
True, to prove something is true without back up would be pretty hard to believe.

I like chicken, telling everyone to like chicken is pretty hard.
Too bad everyone is not unique, if everyone was the same then who needs opinions?!
Of course, humans aren't the same, opinions are welcomed.

However, there are people who shall be categorised as... "The non-believers"
These people just make others so mad because of the way they act-
"I don't believe you!"
I don't see any reason to get mad at this, the belief is their opinion.
...until they say smart stuff about backing it up.

Why back something up?
Backing it up would just mean they would have to express their opinions even more.
All great and all, but why would the non-believers care?
It's cause' they have their own opinions on why they don't like it.

To settle a silly little argument like this (especially on the internet) is to take both sides into consideration.
Stop clinging to your opinions only! Accept others because they have as much right to believe in their opinions as others do.

I rest my case.

(Ps. Sorry Not_Steve about your thread, but this argument needed to stop)
(Pps. Don't bother arguing back unless you understand that everyone's opinions matter)

Reactions: Not_Steve

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
You, Sir, tickled my funny bone.
There is a difference between 'I like xy better' and 'xy is better'.
When ppl say the first, there is no need of backing up anything, its their oppinion.
But if they say the latter, its no oppinion its a statement. Statements have to be backed up.

That's the difference between a discussion and an argument.