Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Since Mekanism has largely dropped UE does the UE core or any of the other UE mods need to be installed for Mekanism to work?
They do not. Just tested, actually, because Calclavia Core was being annoying in my latest RR test world and I had to remove it.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Is this still alive? If so, I'd like to suggest some sort of super bucket-like thing, or a tank that you can use in your hand to scoop up liquids in the world. It could do something like having an input and an output mode, changed with the usual shift-right clicking, obviously scooping thins up when set to input and placing them in output mode. For the sake of convenience, its liquid storage could be upgradeable as well, like the TE3 portable tanks. And for the sake of fun, instead of a weird little tank with a bucket glued onto it (even though that idea sounds good and I find it better than DEEP HUGE BUCKET), it could be some sort of vacuum hose that can be attached to a tank. Liquid busters? And all of this ties into Mekanism because science I guess, so maybe it should cost energy as well because why not

All of this because doing things the normal way of picking a bucket up, dropping it into a portable tank, then turning around and repeating this until the tank is full is kind of horribly boring. Also BC pumps are pretty much their own multiblock structure

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I honestly don't have anything to ask of Mekanism. My two requests, jetpacks & clay manufacturing, were graciously added. Mekanism is truly awesome and I thank the team so much for their efforts.
I mean chunk loader and tech enchanting but those are already in the works or planned

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I mean chunk loader and tech enchanting but those are already in the works or planned
I've got protection IV and haste III on my jetpack as we speak. Also I was speaking for myself so anything YOU wanted is on you. I'm still thankful for a great mod. ;)

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Digital builder that can make simple and complex shapes. Maybe it can be given templates that have a color by numbers format so said templates can be reused with different materials. GUI could be similar to the filter menu for the digital miner. Ability for this to work with forge multiparts would also be a big plus. Maybe this is function upgrade to the digital miner?

Reactions: Mevansuto

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Digital builder that can make simple and complex shapes. Maybe it can be given templates that have a color by numbers format so said templates can be reused with different materials. GUI could be similar to the filter menu for the digital miner. Ability for this to work with forge multiparts would also be a big plus. Maybe this is function upgrade to the digital miner?

Honestly that sounds like a whole different mod. Mekanism is more about machinary with simpler goals. Ore processing, flight, power production, power transfer.

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly that sounds like a whole different mod. Mekanism is more about machinary with simpler goals. Ore processing, flight, power production, power transfer.

Dont forget tools, armor, ore gathering, teleportation, fluid storage, advanced sorting, dense storage (bins), power conversion (energy cubes), and whatever you'd like to call the robit. Yea building is a stretch :)

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
My request right now would be that, at the moment we have scuba gear, jet packs, teleporters, but no way to run really fast. So maybe something like "Rocket boots" or "Zero Friction boots" To make you go really fast, and in line with Mekanism they aren't just magic items, they have to be powered or someway of upkeep, and perhaps they could even be modular. You could say run 200% speed but use tons of energy, or you could go 10% faster and not use much more energy. I think it could also work with your Jet Pack so you could fly faster. And maybe while your add it you could make a full suit of utility "armor" (IE the jetpack or the boots.)

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I tend to stay away from Thaumcraft and other such mods as they feel to much of a hassle, so It would be nice to have speedy stuff with out it.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
My request right now would be that, at the moment we have scuba gear, jet packs, teleporters, but no way to run really fast. So maybe something like "Rocket boots" or "Zero Friction boots" To make you go really fast, and in line with Mekanism they aren't just magic items, they have to be powered or someway of upkeep, and perhaps they could even be modular. You could say run 200% speed but use tons of energy, or you could go 10% faster and not use much more energy. I think it could also work with your Jet Pack so you could fly faster. And maybe while your add it you could make a full suit of utility "armor" (IE the jetpack or the boots.)
In v6, the Dev version, aiden added free runners which stop fall damage and have step assist. I'd you ask him to put a speed boost on them he probably would

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In v6, the Dev version, aiden added free runners which stop fall damage and have step assist. I'd you ask him to put a speed boost on them he probably would
Do they improve jumping as well?

My request: the ability to fill a balloon with Hydrogen, with expected results if it is set on fire(or if the one holding it does). Now, this may seen evil and mean, but I also request that zombies occasionally spawn with balloons. Also a way to fill balloons with other gasses(forge fluids that are lighter then air and not hotter then a certain cap), which would also be added to zombie spawns. Thus, we can get zombies with balloons filled with smoke, hydrogen, O2, but also gasses from Emmasher's mods, namely GasCraft(deadly neurotoxin balloons, ho!), and killing zombies can be more "fun" if you destroy the balloon they are holding first.

Also if we can hold balloons in our hands, then we could hit someone with one, yes? That should do a ton of damage to the balloon if they are on fire, have the thorns enchantment active, have any sort of thorns potion effect, or if they have a static charge. Oh right, with your helmet off you should be able to hold right click with a balloon in your hand to rub it against your head, doing a bit of damage to the balloon, but allowing you to get a tiny bit of energy, which is discharged into the next thing you right click with an empty hand, if you do it quick enough.

Also wool socks(made like boots from wool, bonus points if they are colored if made from colored wool, double points if you can dye them like leather armor) while rubbing them on a carpet(sneaking on wool blocks or carpet blocks) generates a bit of static charge.
With enough charge you can generate a bit of power, or activate things like redstone does(so with enough charge you can right click a iron door and it will open for a bit, or a TNT block will ignite).

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have the regular Jetpack, but there is another armored jetpack further down the NEI list for RR EXP.

It appears we are on .246 so when they update next we SHOULD get the newest build.