Share, wolf: Villagers vs. Zombies! [Game Thread]

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Right, person-by-person analysis, ordered from most town to most wolf (this better be worth it, it took forever :p )

VictiniX888 - I'm a Librarian, kay? :p

Pyure - almost definitely villager. His actions line up with what a villager would do, and I mostly agree with his analysis. He's also been calling out some "random people" (I doubt they're random but hey) to gather info, which I doubt a wolf would do. If he is wolf then good job Pyure.

goreae - D1: first seems really happy to vote erin, then later on jokevote Pyure. Also seems to want people to know he started the Pyure wagon. Then he joined the lenscas bandwagon. All this I think is just him playing around.
And then there's that Enderman ploy. After he's been "exposed", he tries to "side" with the wolves. "What nobody else? How disappointing." makes me think he's still fooling around. day 1 analysis - enderman, although the attempt to get wolves to contact him seems towny
D2 his enderman thing blew up in his face, and so he claims librarian. His "claiming enderman as wolfkill protection" thing seems legit.
"I'm dead tonight whether I get lynched or not" & "I'll tell what I know to the medium when I get there. Been fun y'all. Hope I helped." this... uh... I don't know what to make of this.
Accused SpwnX for not voting for him. Towny
Thinks Eru is legit. I don't know what additional info he has about Eru, but I agree, so... towny?
Conclusion: took a lot of risks, but somehow managed to live past day 2. Anyways, I think he's legit Librarian. If he turns out to be wolf, then good job goreae.

Eruantien - Happy about not being noticed by Pyure, although he makes up for it afterwards by saying he wishes to see what Pyure thinks about his vote. Could be a wolf wanting to know whether anyone suspects him, but mostly seems town.
D2 voted goreae after his defense and stuff, thinks that goreae is not the real librarian. Later on he starts thinking goreae is village, but doesn't change vote. Also seemed to be hunting for the "real" librarian, but later on he said he wanted to find out duplicate roles or catch liars. kinda townish
"And I assume that, if I change my vote, you will no longer consider me wolfy?" Same situation with the "not noticed by Pyure" thing, he explained later that he was asking because he knew that changing his vote at that time would seem even more wolfy. townish.
D3 antismite SpwnX, this to me showed that he's waiting for evidence before seriously voting for anyone, instead of trying to find wolves. Kinda weird.
Conclusion: imo he's a villager. but @Eruantien can you tell me why you don't seem to be finding wolves?

RJS - D1 antismite KC. "I'll have a look later when there's a bit more to work with." imo there was already quite some information to "work with". Later votes Vike, D2 also votes Vike, I find this town.
Suspects goreae as enderman D1, accepts that goreae is town D2. Towny?
Conclusion: leaning towards town, from what I can tell

Vikestep - D1, initially voted erin for his nobody vote, but then switches off him when he defends himself. I think this is towny.
Proceeds to vote lens for hopping on the pyure wagon. Also towny. then says there might be wolves on the lens wagon. I find this unnecessary, but eh.
Exposed goreae's enderman ploy. I still don't know why he did this, probably to prevent people from voting him? Either that or to potentially catch goreae as a liar. "Vote goreae Because yolo" is probably one of the weirdest votes Vike's ever made. But he later says Pyure convinced him to change his vote, so neutral.
D2 votes goreae. Could go both ways. looks town, because goreae is almost certainly wolf at that time. could be wolf, because goreae is (imo) legit librarian and vike doesn't want to pass up the oppurtunity to get a free kill.
Vike put up a solid defense when goreae and I voted for him, towny.
Voted RealKC due to his post about seer-hunting. There were a lot more stuff to accuse him for, but he only picked that point and went with it. He later thinks he may have accused the wrong person, but didn't take his vote off him. I think this is quite suspicious
Day 3, immediately after recap he said "Of course sg was the iron golem" @VikeStep can you explain why you said this? if it wasn't for the point in nojr, I'd say you're just doing that "wolves posting useless info right after recap" thing. Also voted nojr, which could go both ways, again.
Conclusion: a few town points, a few wolf points. Overall neutral I guess. I'm seriously bad at reading Vike

erindalc - voted Nobody, I initially thought he was enderman but nope.
"I'm not going to make a first vote on someone like that. But fine" This line sounds a little weird. There's nothing wrong with randomly voting someone in the first hour of the game.
Voted goreae yesterday, nothing wrong with that, but then "Lots of interesting developments... I'm still not sure about goreae so I'll leave my vote on him until someone convinces me otherwise" makes him seem like he isn't doing much to actually push for lynches
And then he comes and accuses Eru for stuff, and also did that today. This seems town.
Conclusion: neutral reading

Fraction2 - Votes me D1. His reasoning makes sense. Townish
D2, votes Eruantien when called out by Pyure. Gives a short analysis for each person, but only drawing conclusions from a few people. Evidence on Eru is okay I guess. Not sure what to make of this.
Conclusion: tried to fly under the radar before Pyue called him out. Then makes an analysis. Uh, neutral reading, but the fact that he started being more active after Pyure called him out makes him a little suspicious.

ljfa - I totally forgot he's in this game. D1 antismite (I assume), D2 bandwagoning. Is this how he usually plays?
Conclusion: not contributing at all. wolf maybe?

SpwnX - D1 jokevote RJS
D2 antismites nojr after goreae's defense and stuff. I would understand why if he said he thinks goreae is a villager, but no, he says "I ain't hopping that bandwagon on goreae. Why? I don't feel like, simply." wth?
Also quotes sg's "I'm useful" post and asks him "do you want to get wolfkilled?" Yeah.
D3 - "vote nojr, he's not a wolf though. Consider this as "staying on the fence" once again." He said that with too much certainty. Nothing wrong with staying on the fence, but the way he worded it... kinda weird
Conclusion: Trying to make himself seem useful, but he's not being very useful. might be wolf

fowltief - softclaims Farmer D1. Sounds like something a wolf would do.
D2, votes for me, claiming he's been "suspicious of him since morning after watching you guys attempts to extract info", but not saying why I'm suspicious. He's also calling for people to "swing the game". Is this normal?
Conclusion: low post count, seems to be trying to fly under the radar, probably wolf

Someone Else 37 - D1 voted for me. I can see why, I must've looked very wolfy jumping on Pyure.
But then Pyure asked him what he thinks about the lenscas wagon, and he switched to Vike (without stating a reason either). It would've been fine if he stayed his vote on me, because now that I look back, I think I was more wolfy than Vike. wolfy.
D2 jumped on goreae wagon. Not geting anything from this.
"There's a four-way tie for first. Been a while since that happened." That was his only post after goreae presented his defense. Didn't even give his thoughts on goreae, or anything else for that matter. Why even make this post? wolfy.
Conclusion: posts are either fluff or votes. No analysis of any kind. quite wolfy

016Nojr - D1 vote Pyure. Nothing unusual
D2 voted goreae when (imo) he doesn't seem to be wolfy anymore. I see this as just hopping on the bandwagon. Wolfy
"Well... any time I try do come with something, it ALWAYS ends up with me getting lynched he first night..." He's not even willing to take risks. He's playing very defensively.
Then he names the 3 people he finds most suspicious, but keeps his vote on goreae (not on the list). He later votes for Vike (on the list), 20 minutes before day end. "(totally didnt forget to vote)" Yes, you didn't forget to vote. In fact, why the heck did you even do that.
D3 antismite Vike. Not vote (remember he found Vike suspicious), but antismite. He didn't even bother putting saying anything about Vike's vote on him
Conclusion: low post count, voting without explanation, very wolfy

With that, vote nojr
Also, thoughts on this guys?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly thanks Victini for the big reads list
Day 3, immediately after recap he said "Of course sg was the iron golem" @VikeStep can you explain why you said this? if it wasn't for the point in nojr, I'd say you're just doing that "wolves posting useless info right after recap" thing. Also voted nojr, which could go both ways, again.
I am in a conversation with Pyure and we were talking about how pissed we'd be if sg was the iron golem.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I think in this game, the low posters are wolves. That's why they are going under the radar and we are only lynching high posters because they have more words which can be critically evaluated.

I think one of the high posters is potentially a wolf though. My guess is either RJS, SpwnX or both.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
ljfa () - to quote Pyure, "ljfa oddly lists two people that he's not "sure of" (why those two?) and then votes somebody else. What?" (real quotes are for nubs)
i.e. "not sure if I should vote for any of those two".

I'm gonna vote Nojr. He doesn't justify his votes at all and contributes almost as little as me ^^

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I think in this game, the low posters are wolves. That's why they are going under the radar and we are only lynching high posters because they have more words which can be critically evaluated.

I think one of the high posters is potentially a wolf though. My guess is either RJS, SpwnX or both.
I disagree, I think the wolves have already spoken and are using the low count people to cover their tracks.

What's bugging me is that there are several duped roles. I'm not sure about RJS but I agree with you on spawnx. And I still don't trust pyure.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Find a post where I have justified my vote as town.
Okay what. People are voting for you and you don't even bother defending yourself... could we have a 2nd enderman?
I disagree, I think the wolves have already spoken and are using the low count people to cover their tracks.
Just a fyi, wolves usually talk less than you would normally expect people to. Also called "flying under the radar".
And since you're here can you address these questions I have for you:
1) Why did you softclaim Farmer D1? If you're really the Farmer, that post shouldn't be necessary.
2) Why did you vote for me yesterday?

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Just a fyi, wolves usually talk less than you would normally expect people to. Also called "flying under the radar".
1) Why did you softclaim Farmer D1? If you're really the Farmer, that post shouldn't be necessary.

i've played enough games to find that only partially true.

A good wolf tries stays under radar with a low count. a better wolf tries to become your best friend.

1) i didn't claim anything. your reading too much into my little first day post.. Thats my job. you can call me an idiot for mentioning carrots in the first place.
2)you start pyure,claim village, change your target, refuse to move from target, complain someone isn't playing, change target again...

i could keep going but to me it looks like your playing around. which i find suspicious. but I'm not looking in your direction anymore someone else has my attention and I'm trying to read it.

plus i tend to always have low post counts... it's bad to not give info ... but it's also a tactic.... ask sgbros.. "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

only 2 days in.

Last edited:

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
1) i didn't claim anything. your reading too much into my little first day post.. Thats my job. you can call me an idiot for mentioning carrots in the first place.
2)you start pyure,claim village, change your target, refuse to move from target, complain someone isn't playing, change target again...
1) uh, I might have been reading too much into it . Nevermind then
2) that's a little better. I'd prefer if people can give some justification when they vote someone

Also, I was only asking questions to clear up some stuff, no need to go all defensive :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Let's get this part out of the way first. Vote SpwnX.

Of course sg was the iron golem. Also wth nojr with that vote at the end of the day.
Vote 016Nojr that was suss as
^ When Vike plays drunk-werewolf? "suss as"?

vote nojr, he's not a wolf though. Consider this as "staying on the fence" once again.
Should someone start something today then i'll reconsider this vote.
I am absolutely mystified here. Why are you voting Nojr if he's "not a wolf"?

You pm'd me last night suggesting that I don't vote Nojr, which implies to me that if you're town, he's proven town to you. But now you're willing to vote him, which means....its an enderman softclaim, and as...town...you're willing to vote him? Why on earth would town want to vote for the guy who MURDERS PEOPLE when he dies? I need a bit of a really good explanation here.

yooOuuu no0oobs
Why the freaking hell didn't sgbros protect himself last night?

Firstly thanks Victini for the big reads list
I am in a conversation with Pyure and we were talking about how pissed we'd be if sg was the iron golem.
Called it :\

I think this is a growing trend the last few games.
How can you just say this. It boggles me lol.
Enderman soft-claim? Yeah its a duplicate, but he seems to be claiming it really strongly. Would Nojr falsely claim a duplicate neutral murdering role though????

Okay what. People are voting for you and you don't even bother defending yourself... could we have a 2nd enderman?
I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if we've ever had two jester-type roles in one game (of only 18 people). That seems a bit...harsh for town.

Stuff.
My "gut" tells me Vikestep is playing us for a bunch of fools right now. Since my gut is virtually always wrong when I'm calling out Vike for playing us for a bunch of fools, I'm just going to call him town now and try not to look back. Except, you know, goddamnit, that's how I'd act as a wolf...

SpwnX has some absolutely bizarre game going on with Nojr. Claiming Enderman to the world makes no sense since nobody wants to actively lynch him. My only guess is they're both wolves, and this is a "don't lynch him he's too dangerous to lynch" play. Of course this totally doesn't add up properly either because I got that pm when Nojr was tied for last place in the votes with only minutes left in the day. And SpwnX is voting him. Wth is going on?

Victini is either totally legit town or he has seriously upped his game. He's actively analyzing and providing information that legitimately helps town. I see that Farmer soft-claim btw.

I hope to god sgbros was at least trying to protect someone else last night.

I hate calling out people who suspect me, but fowltief's analysis reads "just trying to look useful" to me. Possible wolf for the list.

I strongly dislike RJS just for his lack of activity. Its abnormal for him. Possible wolf for the list.

SO37 seems a bit too content to let the game slide by. This was him last game as a wolf. Is he like this as town??

ljfa is totally below the radar. In a game where we've killed 4 villagers, this is a wolf tell.

fraction2: Is he usually more active than this? Its been a while since he's played I think and I forget.

Eruantien: I'm satisfied that he's town for various reasons. But if goreae flips wolf, eruantien is 100% wolf, and I'm 100% ww noob.

goreae: This dude almost got himself killed and then managed to convince his way out of it. He has been actively acquiring information that is pro-town. So why do I keep worrying about him and his claim?

erindalc: no read on this guy. Just like ljfa last game, he's being quiet enough to avoid attention but not so quiet as to draw attention.

Summary (AKA Top Zombies 2016)
* SpwnX, Nojr, ljfa, RJS, Fowltief (In descending order of likelihood to eat me)
* Runner up: Vikestep.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
he started being more active after Pyure called him out makes him a little suspicious.

fraction2: Is he usually more active than this? Its been a while since he's played I think and I forget.

Victini - I'll be active in the evenings after work. Pyure's callout had nothing to do with it, I didn't check the forum until my first post yesterday.
Pyure - Usually, I'm at school where I can computer all day. At work, that's not so much of an option.

What's bugging me is that there are several duped roles.

There has to be, there are eighteen players with fourteen roles. So there are at least four duplicate roles. (this is assuming that all four zombies are used, which seems rather harsh on the village (if memory serves correct), it seems more likely that there are three zombies, and a fourth would be added on conversion)

Vote Someone Else 37

He's been incredibly quiet this game. While it may be life happening to him, it's also something wolves do to avoid attention. RJS has also been very quiet, along with ljfa. Eruantien is still near the top of my suspects list, but he seems more towny of late, and hasn't quite earned that coveted vote.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Okay, partially going off of others analysis here, but...

I have no idea how someone else 37 plays villager, because I've not played a game where he was one.

Pyure and Victini seem like pretty strong town players atm, and I'm also fairly satisfied that goreae is as well.

Pyure, we need to talk. I'm sending you a PM.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Reading through page 9 and 10, makes me 80% sure that VikeStep, Victini and ljfa are 3 wolves. They all ganged up on me without really anything on me vote VikeStep @Pyure @SpwnX

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Change vote SpwnX He's maybe some wolfy moves, and I'm not sure about Eru at this point, awaiting some information.

Quick vote summary, although its early...

016nojr (3) - VikeStep, VicitiniX888, ljfa

SpwnX (3) - Eruantien (antismite), Pyure, erindalc

VikeStep (2) - 016nojr, SpwnX

Someone Else 37 (1) - Fraction2

Not voted yet:
@fowltief @RJS @Someone Else 37 @goreae

I think I did everything right but I probably screwed up somewhere. If someone want to double check me that'd be nice.