[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am wondering something, I have noticed that it is not seeming like you are going to add more mods to the pack. All the same however, I feel that Ars Magica 2 would make for a nice Addition to the pack. After all, It is a magic based mod and provides for a unique and interesting change of using ranged magic weapons. There is a lot to do that maybe you could tack on a couple of hidden quests regarding killing some of the bosses in it or something. Either way that's just a suggestion don't know if you wanted it or not
While I agree that Ars Magica 2 is a fun mod, TPL has previously stated that it will not be included in the pack.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am wondering something, I have noticed that it is not seeming like you are going to add more mods to the pack. All the same however, I feel that Ars Magica 2 would make for a nice Addition to the pack. After all, It is a magic based mod and provides for a unique and interesting change of using ranged magic weapons. There is a lot to do that maybe you could tack on a couple of hidden quests regarding killing some of the bosses in it or something. Either way that's just a suggestion don't know if you wanted it or not

This has been suggested multiple times and TPL has repeatedly told people that Ars Magica 2 will not be added to the pack. If you didn't know whether TPL wanted it in the pack, you could easily have done a thread search beforehand to check.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
This has been suggested multiple times and TPL has repeatedly told people that Ars Magica 2 will not be added to the pack. If you didn't know whether TPL wanted it in the pack, you could easily have done a thread search beforehand to check.
To be fair, TPL has said it once that I can recall in this thread, and referred to the mod as AM, which is not necessarily the first thing people would search for.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, TPL has said it once that I can recall in this thread, and referred to the mod as AM, which is not necessarily the first thing people would search for.

Huh, I could have sworn I've seen it refused multiple times, either by TPL or people referring back to what he previously said. And even if TPL referred to it as AM, looking at the asking question would likely turn up TPL's response within a page or so.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I could have sworn I've seen it refused multiple times, either by TPL or people referring back to what he previously said. And even if TPL referred to it as AM, looking at the asking question would likely turn up TPL's response within a page or so.
It's definitely been brought up a few times.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
@jaquadro: Sorry if this isn't the right place to report this but you've been very responsive here.

I finally got serious about my ore processing system and I'm trying to use Storage Drawers to do it, but I'm having trouble. It looks like the ore dictionary-ing that works well when you double-click items into the drawers doesn't work when I try to automate them. Tested with hoppers and golems, both directly into compacting drawers and into a drawer controller (using the version 1.3.9).

I can change everything over to the correct mod but the nuggets are a problem - the drawers convert everything to Tinker's nuggets, but my infernal blast furnace is giving me Thaumcraft nuggets.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No.... must you do that? im new sorry..... anyways if i want to update mods must i manually update them or wait until modpack updates?
Entirely up to you, if you go to "Edit Modpack" in the launcher, you can add any mod you wish. It's just that it might break several things. XD

Side note; I finally got around to using the Rite of Shifting Seasons, and did so in the underground portion of my base. The interesting side effect of such was that, until I shut down the world, got an Inscriber crash, and restarted the launcher, all of the Mekanism power cables and cubes in the area of effect were temporarily gone. Not just invisible, it was as if they had been deleted. They did come back after the aforementioned restart process though.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
@jaquadro: Sorry if this isn't the right place to report this but you've been very responsive here.

I finally got serious about my ore processing system and I'm trying to use Storage Drawers to do it, but I'm having trouble. It looks like the ore dictionary-ing that works well when you double-click items into the drawers doesn't work when I try to automate them. Tested with hoppers and golems, both directly into compacting drawers and into a drawer controller (using the version 1.3.9).

I can change everything over to the correct mod but the nuggets are a problem - the drawers convert everything to Tinker's nuggets, but my infernal blast furnace is giving me Thaumcraft nuggets.

Maybe a bit too much but couldnt you use jabba barrels to oredic the nuggets prior to the drawers??

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019

Turns out most transport systems don't like cooperating with the ore-dict behavior. You could remove all the contents and put one of the Thaumcraft versions in, then re-inserting the rest of the material to convert it to that type. Not sure if it makes sense in this case. You could try using a JABBA barrel as a buffer between the furnace and your system.

I have a solution in mind to fix this, but it's probably a 1.5 item, and it's going to mean default ore-dict goes away and becomes an opt-in upgrade. Besides performance benefits, the conversion process needs to be paired with either a void or buffer upgrade in order to avoid an inconsistency that exists with JABBA. JABBA will probably do the conversion for you, but it would stop working for the last stack of capacity in the barrel.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So, I've gotten to the point in Thaumcraft where I have everything I can researched. My problem now is taint. Specifically, Vitium.

The only way that we have been able to get around this is to put a node near a crucible, and then continually overfill it with items from a Botania crate so that it continuously creates flux. The flux, we hope, will convert the node into a tainted node.

Is this the intended way to continue along Thaumcraft, or are we missing something?

And yes, I've searched this thread, and while there are suggestions here on how to get tainted items, they all require Vitium, which is made from, you guessed it, tainted items.

BL4DE

Jul 29, 2019
A highly speculative and dangerous way to deliberately create taint is the wand focus primal.
One of its possible effects is creating taint.

Main problem is the projectile from the wand core is eratic and causes explosions. It is not unheard of the projectile 'returning to sender' and blowing the unprotected caster to pieces. Plus the landscape is prone to be outright destroyed.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So, I've gotten to the point in Thaumcraft where I have everything I can researched. My problem now is taint. Specifically, Vitium.

The only way that we have been able to get around this is to put a node near a crucible, and then continually overfill it with items from a Botania crate so that it continuously creates flux. The flux, we hope, will convert the node into a tainted node.

Is this the intended way to continue along Thaumcraft, or are we missing something?

And yes, I've searched this thread, and while there are suggestions here on how to get tainted items, they all require Vitium, which is made from, you guessed it, tainted items.

There was a mention of forestry crates that supposedly can move nodes and reroll the node itself. Maybe you can get a tainted node with it.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery Altar, how do you figure out the range that it detects for gaining power? wiki " about 14 (to 16) blocks "

My first time getting into Thaumcraft; is there a condensed non-video guide for golems? Things like; What's not worth the effort making? What hidden research is there?

Side note: the quest for making 2 alchemical construct should mention that there's research you need to unlock before you can use it.

jackcraft57

Jul 29, 2019
Hi !
Sorry for my english I'm french. ^^
I would like to know how to grow mandrake root. I've already obtained sugar cane but crossbreading doesn't worke with mandrake: it always give me beladonna or potatoe.
Anyone could help me ??

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Hi !
Sorry for my english I'm french. ^^
I would like to know how to grow mandrake root. I've already obtained sugar cane but crossbreading doesn't worke with mandrake: it always give me beladonna or potatoe.
Anyone could help me ??

Use NEI to look up mandrake SEEDS

jackcraft57

Jul 29, 2019
I've planted potatoes and belladona, both are mature but it still give me new belladona plants. That's strange. :/
Anyone could help ?? ^^

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I've planted potatoes and belladona, both are mature but it still give me new belladona plants. That's strange. :/
Anyone could help ?? ^^
There is only a chance every time that it breeds that it will mutate, you have just been getting unlucky. Set up more sets to improve your odds.