[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it's possible to play any HQM pack without using the questbook, I think that the quests are part of the experience. Having a well-constructed progression of quests helps a newcomer to a particular mod get more comfortable using it.

That said, I have had to go 'off the rails' once or twice. It's nearly(?) impossible to get a creeper heart without an arthama, and the existence of that is only hinted at in the Chalice/Candelabra quest.

I just gave up after I broke my second enchanted arthana (killing only creepers) and followed the quests - there are at least two Witchery quests (if I am not mistaken) which reward creeper hearts. Used the first one for the seeds because infinite hearts from there on. :D

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
I already did, it has 58 Herba in it.

I'm afraid you will need much, much more than that, mine used 3 full jars essentia and only changed a tiny area.

Though it was enough for the apiary I needed.

Let me go check...

Edit: Huh, maybe not so tiny as I thought, it has a solid 3 by like... 4 rectangle around the machine itself, then random scattered areas within like 8 blocks of it.

Last edited:

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
If there's Herba in it (and you will need tons and tons of it - like dozens of jars), then the only thing I can think is what Kmad already said, that maybe there isn't enough cV coming through the relays ... unless that lever is in the wrong position. You don't need a redstone signal to operate it (but I don't know if applying one will turn it off).

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime i start my world up i crash,help will be GREATLY appreciated this is the latest crash log ive crashed like 19 times counting this.
PS i crash alot when im at like a ravine area of some sort....... last time i manage to escape the crash by lowering my render distance and getting out of there but now i cant idk why... :( kelp~

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I just gave up after I broke my second enchanted arthana (killing only creepers) and followed the quests - there are at least two Witchery quests (if I am not mistaken) which reward creeper hearts. Used the first one for the seeds because infinite hearts from there on. :D

Really? The only one I recalled seeing that rewarded a creeper heart (2 in fact) was making the robe - which required a creeper heart. I'll keep my eye out, though - 0.8 and my 'restart for video' is nearing. I used my first heart for the seeds, too.

EDIT: Found it - the infamous trefyd seed quest. :D *facepalm*

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper Hearts aren't really that hard to get though. I have 5 in a chest somewhere and all I've done in witchery is the cauldron and the oven (for mutandis and the fumes for redstone, glowstone and lapis seeds) and not even crafted an arthana yet.

I had a Manasteel Sword with Looting III though ;)

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, just got lucky with the enchanting table I guess.
I found some essence oreberry bushes early on (which unlocks a quest as well!) and been farming those. Level 30 is easy to get with this, and the Spellbinding Cloth from Botania makes it easy to get whatever enchant I like

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It shouldn't be covering it, it should be directly below it. Bear in mind the Bloom research isn't visible until you've scanned a shimmerleaf (or used knowledge fragments to get it).
I'm so used to getting it from tainted stuff (such as tainted fibers), I thought the taint aspect was what was needed. I know know what was unlocked, no wonder I got confused. (The tainted tree in Forbidden magic). Thanks for clearing that up at least XD.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Here's a special BuildCraft 6.4.14 "beta" (not actually unstable) build just for you! Fixes more issues with fluids that you have noticed - the speed of fluid pipes was not as advertised in many cases (this update should finally let you cool engines properly - sorry for our stubbornness, we seriously didn't notice) and the combustion engines had a small rounding error (which probably was in your favour by about 0.1-0.2mB, if anything, but oh well *shrug*). I believe it is perfectly fine to patch Regrowth with it, however do not expect support from thephoenixlodge if you do!

This will be released as a proper build of 6.4 in a day or two, assuming we don't get any new bugfixes.

http://asie.pl/bc6414a.jar

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Recently made my 'Advanced Alchemical Furnace', which in turn has prompted me to finally learn how to do Essentia tubing properly. Turning items into essentiams makes me feel like a mechanic on a well maintained diesel submarine now, turning valves and testing pipes when trouble comes up. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely NOT automated essentia piping, I'm not even sure such a thing is possible. But it is pretty fun to watch 5 or 6 warded jars fill up in quick succession.

Actually, now that I'm writing this, I have an idea... Test time!

Reactions: JustHeyo

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime i start my world up i crash,help will be GREATLY appreciated this is the latest crash log ive crashed like 19 times counting this.
PS i crash alot when im at like a ravine area of some sort....... last time i manage to escape the crash by lowering my render distance and getting out of there but now i cant idk why... :( kelp~
Have you done the usual backup/redownload/reinstall of the modpack and launcher?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nah, just got lucky with the enchanting table I guess.
I found some essence oreberry bushes early on (which unlocks a quest as well!) and been farming those. Level 30 is easy to get with this, and the Spellbinding Cloth from Botania makes it easy to get whatever enchant I like

Ah! They do exist! I admit, I haven't done much caving. I lucked out finding dirt in a cliff face.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
To follow up on my earlier post... I've managed to set up an advanced alchemical furnace that will, without interaction, use essentia tubes to fill jars with up to 5 different varieties of essentia. All it requires is that you label the jars beforehand :)
2015-04-25_17.14.21.png
2015-04-25_17.14.10.png
2015-04-25_17.14.00.png
2015-04-25_17.13.48.png

Ok, so it's a little messy... But seriously, it's tough setting up 5 interwoven yet otherwise unconnected pipelines :)

Reactions: JustHeyo

kolbi bohon

Jul 29, 2019
Are we gonna see an update to botania? Having issues with the mana spreaders and the mana pools corresponding with eachother. Mana spreaders wont dump their mana half the time either.

kolbi bohon

Jul 29, 2019
As far as regrowth in general goes, i dont wanna do it just client side due to the community all having to do it as well.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Are we gonna see an update to botania? Having issues with the mana spreaders and the mana pools corresponding with eachother. Mana spreaders wont dump their mana half the time either.

As far as I'm aware, there's no actual issue with Botania like that. The most that there may be is that a mana spreader hasn't filled up enough to send out the mana burst, so it's waiting on more mana. Or wherever you're pointing them at is full of mana/can't accept mana at all. And as for the pools and spreaders not connecting correctly, the wand of the forest has a specific functionality to forcibly set things to other things. The main use I've found is for getting flowers to output to the correct spreader and to get spreaders aimed at non-linearly aligned mana pools.

Oh, and next time, just edit your post instead of double posting.

Leina727

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am wondering something, I have noticed that it is not seeming like you are going to add more mods to the pack. All the same however, I feel that Ars Magica 2 would make for a nice Addition to the pack. After all, It is a magic based mod and provides for a unique and interesting change of using ranged magic weapons. There is a lot to do that maybe you could tack on a couple of hidden quests regarding killing some of the bosses in it or something. Either way that's just a suggestion don't know if you wanted it or not