[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... good question. I'm not sure, but it's connected directly to a node that maxes out at 3 terra vis, and it's been hooked up to that node for several in game days.
I'm not certain, but a stronger node or multiple nodes may be what you need there.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
The other big thing for me is that BC has a history of being either buggy or prone to screw ups. Normal transport pipes shouldn't ever, in my opinion at least, puke their items out everywhere unless they're broken, no matter what happens. I remember the old Redpower ducts, I think it was, that if the items had nowhere to go, they'd just up and go back the way they came. And the whole thing with the fluid pipes eating a little liquid now and then, that's definitely turned me away from using them for anything other than water.

Developer shortage. Also, BC pipe items do NOT KNOW WHAT WAY THEY CAME FROM, and they never will - it is not a network. Also, the fluid issues were generally fixed, though the fluid pipes are undergoing an algorithm rewrite anyway.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Developer shortage. Also, BC pipe items do NOT KNOW WHAT WAY THEY CAME FROM, and they never will - it is not a network. Also, the fluid issues were generally fixed, though the fluid pipes are undergoing an algorithm rewrite anyway.

Yes, I'm aware that there's a developer shortage, and even said as much later on and that I understand that. And you can have non-network pipes that don't throw items when they don't have an inventory attached (like the old RP ducts I referenced, they'd just bounce items around randomly until they got put somewhere). I'm also aware that the fluid issue was fixed, but even knowing that, I'm quite hesitant to ever use the fluid pipes because they used to eat liquids if they mixed in a pipe; they may not do that now, but I'm still wary of the things.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Yes, I'm aware that there's a developer shortage, and even said as much later on and that I understand that. And you can have non-network pipes that don't throw items when they don't have an inventory attached (like the old RP ducts I referenced, they'd just bounce items around randomly until they got put somewhere). I'm also aware that the fluid issue was fixed, but even knowing that, I'm quite hesitant to ever use the fluid pipes because they used to eat liquids if they mixed in a pipe; they may not do that now, but I'm still wary of the things.

RP ducts were a network pipe system, and bouncing items create infinitely more lag than an item dying after a minute post-dropped-out. I know as that's how I brought my own server down to its knees in 5 minutes. (Also, liquids can no longer mix in one pipe.)

Reactions: fimbrethil

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
RP ducts were a network pipe system, and bouncing items create infinitely more lag than an item dying after a minute post-dropped-out. I know as that's how I brought my own server down to its knees in 5 minutes. (Also, liquids can no longer mix in one pipe.)
While I love the RP2 tubes, I only perfered them to BC for the sorting machines attached to them. BUT BC now has so many more sorting options with the ability to paint items, and gate controlled routing, that they work better then most other pipe systems.

I think using them on this pack was an amazing idea.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Has anybody tried to play "without" using the questbook? I see a lot of post on bit being able to use things or do things, like start thaumcraft. I was into thaumcraft way before the book got me their. Your thoughts?

I'm sure it's possible to play any HQM pack without using the questbook, I think that the quests are part of the experience. Having a well-constructed progression of quests helps a newcomer to a particular mod get more comfortable using it.

That said, I have had to go 'off the rails' once or twice. It's nearly(?) impossible to get a creeper heart without an arthama, and the existence of that is only hinted at in the Chalice/Candelabra quest.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
that they work better then most other pipe systems.

Your silly:)

However I still stand by me previous statement about people say there is no thought with other piping options that there is with BC.."There is a difference between creative thought(wanting to make cool things, bigger better, etc.), and being forced to think of ways to make a system work without lose, or issues, ie BC pipes. I don't know, I like BC, but there is a reason other mods are used over some. Not to mention BC is still in ever pack still, not to mention BC is not all about the pipes. I am happy either way if nothing else gets added into this mod pack, because I am more than capable to add it myself. And !NO! it does not break, hurt, or otherwise ruin my pack experience because I play how the pack was given, then once I make if past the point of the quest/progression I upgrade. :p

Richard Swingle

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I am playing regrowth and I built a arcane levitator. It lets me go up but not down. I read that I have to sneak. I used left shift. I am sneaking but not going down. I double checked the key commands and even reset the button and I am still stuck. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Ning947

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots might help
Certainly.
2015-04-24_23.06.18.png