Your ideas for progress in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
(Hope this isn't necroing this post but...)

Well, mostly my work is progressing to the point of having a space fleet in mystcraft space (void) age. I've already gotten close to finishing on my dw20 1.4.7 map and each ship can fully function seperately with it's own power source. I usually try to get to space builds done asap

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
1 Mine
2 Mine
3 Mine
4 Mine while starving, eat zombie flesh
5 Keep mining
6 Used last stick, keep mining
7 Mine
8 Pick broke, go back to surface barely alive but loaded with resources
9 Build a dirt house with a chest
10 Get food and wood
11 Mine
12 Mine
20 Mine
21 Return to surface... Finally able to make an industrial blast furnace! Now for the generators...
22 Mine
30 Return to surface to make coal and generators
34 Solar panel?
42 MPS?
50 Quarry?
Etc, etc

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
-Gather wood
-Build Crap shack
-Kill ALL the piggies!
-nom
-Get a bed
-If there are no sheep sit in the corner and cry
-Go mining
-Run out because a Creeper scared me
-Build basic TE and IC2 machines
-Get to the Nether and Twilight Forest ASAP.
-Use Force Wrench to gather any spawner I can find
-Create exp farm
-Use Blaze Rods for fuel
-Lava power after that
-Make every MFR machine ever
-Create every Mob Farm ever
-Drink Mob Essence instead of water
-Liquid meat
-Start mob drops business.

There's nothing that I love more than mob farms and MineFactory Reloaded (by far my favorite mod in the pack.)

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I've changed my routine a bit. Since installing BoP and Natura, exploration is more fun. Now my routine is basically:
1. Punch trees and gravel to get basic TiC flint tools.
2. Travel around collecting stuff, if possible build a bed and if there's a lot of gravel ores and I got the materials then a backpack, collect stuff like food, bushes, leather, cacti etc. If I have a bed I sleep during the nights, otherwise I do basic processing and get a few ingots ready though I usually don't move to metal tools since I like TiC better than vanilla tools and can't bother with a smeltery.
3. Find someplace nice to settle down, usually a village or simple dungeon from dungeonpack/better dungeons.
4. Start doing random stuff based on what my project is and what I've found. I usually determine my strategy based on what I've found; if I have a sh*tload of eggs I might start out with building a chicken farm, if I have found lots of cacti I might start with some lava pumping from ravines etc.
5. At this point I usually either get bored of the map and start a new, or get some issue and start a new, or I continue with some randomly chosen project. I tend to like biofuel/boiler setups as much as the next person, but try to keep varied.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
In SMP
1. Travel few hours in random direction from the spawn, until I collect all necessary stuff (bees, rubber saplings, cacti, etc) and found a good spot to settle.
2. Set up a magma-powered base
3. Find some diamonds
4. Make a fillerforest to get thousands eu/t and quantum suit
5. Fool around with bees, turtles, etc
6. Lose interest, shutdown chunkloaders and leave until next server reset

TBH, I'm more enjoying designing factories in Creative. Survival is just a reality check for my designs.