Your Ideal Ultimate Pack Additions/Modifications

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
So far I've added some BC pipe mods (Additional pipes, Additional BC objects and the Routing pipe) and I've removed the mods I think I won't use anyway. Those are mostly the magic-y mods, the OP energy mods (Advanced Solars and Power converters), EE3 and a few others.

I personally think Mine Factory Reloaded (MFR) also has some very OP machines, but it also has a bunch of stuff I like so I'll keep it around for the time being. I'm also not sure if I want to keep the voxel stuff, seeing how many people say it boosted their fps by a ton after removing it.

So far I've been playing around with the new Xycraft blocks though (checking what can grow on the Xysoil to be precise) and looking at MFR for automated mob farming.
Personally I'm not too impressed with the improved growth rates of the Xysoil (since it's still quite random), but I like how you can plant anything on it without needing water and stuff and for trees they're awesome (because they only need 1 grow tick). The only thing it doesn't seem to work on are the new Forestry trees.

TheBaz

Jul 29, 2019
How'd you go about adding it into the pack. I must be doing something rather stupid. I get a crash when I attempt to launch the world. I've tried a few different things but can't seem to get it to work. Help please? xD

Edit: Don't worry I'm retarded. Simple ID conflict.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
If you need Optifine, disable LiteLoader right now. RIGHT NOW. All the Voxel mods do is cause lag and make a "prettier" GUI.
They're not too bad on lag, actually. I disabled lite-loader when I was playing around with fixing a bug, and only gained like 2fps. I probably will disable it permanently, though, because of the other issue.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Yeah, in fact it might make it a bit worse. Basically it seems that the hostile mobs spawn the same way horses, bears, etc spawn. So you have to wait for an area to load. I haven't seen any angry zombies either

That, and as mobs spawn the cows, pigs and sheep slowly disappear as the bears and wolves kill them. I'm looking for someone that has found the right balance because I can't seem to get it to work properly.

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
I havent added removed anything yet. I've been fixing all the stupid stuff slowpoke changes on his various whims. Like how he disabled most of the cool biomes from EBXL

I'm curious to know what biomes were disabled.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on a huge list of cool mods to add to ultimate pack while maintaining some sort of balance...it's been a bit overwhelming at first since I'm not familiar with them all. I will pay my list and testing results and mod descriptions and what I had to do to get them to work here when I've completed my private pack for my server. It should be...pretty ultimate lol

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious to know what biomes were disabled.

Most of the ice biomes, including the glacial. Green swamp, marshlands, redwood forests, most of the mountainous terrain types.

*edit* Basically, the terrains that are hard to navigate (mountains), has generation bugs (swampland), or very similar to other biomes still enabled (ice/frozen biomes, redwood).

p.s. There are still some redwood biomes enabled. Just not all of them.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I ran into an issue so far with universal
Electricity...I tried adding the mods from the FTB pack of it to ultimate and railcraft gets mAd that basic components is now 1.2.6, so if you upgrade it then some
Universal electricity call errors out, if you try running without some of the ue mods to troubleshoot then forestry gets mad an says railcraft is not legit when you just try to run with the ue version of railcraft...I haven't tried using the voltz pack yet to copy the stuff, not sure if it would be better. Had anyone added ue stuff to latest ultimate?

So far the fossil mod seems to play well, I'm working ok divine rpg I'd conflicts now.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the ice biomes, including the glacial. Green swamp, marshlands, redwood forests, most of the mountainous terrain types.

*edit* Basically, the terrains that are hard to navigate (mountains), has generation bugs (swampland), or very similar to other biomes still enabled (ice/frozen biomes, redwood).

p.s. There are still some redwood biomes enabled. Just not all of them.

good to know, looks like I'll have to do some editing as well then -.-

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the the extrabiomes config. Before I was getting maps of mostly ice.
The config now gives a more balanced map and allows more vanilla spawns a chance. You actually come across jungle and desert temples now.
If the configs gave you a percentage option for each biome i would put them all in.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I hated those damn endless ice fields. Why do some biomes only go a little ways, but you hit one patch of ice and it's welcome to Russia.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how much the configs cut down on ice, but if they did I was an anomaly. I started a new world for ultimate, in the middle of an ice forest. Head off northerly to get out of ice... eventually hit ice wasteland... then ice redwoods... then glacier. I did not hit another biome that was more than 1/4 of my minimap till I was 3k blocks from spawn. (some biome names may not be exactly right, I am obviously very far from them now to check)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Now you mention it, the new configs have less ice but apart feom the vanilla taiga I still get biomes called "ice wasteland" and "ice mountains". So yeah it's still possible to find yourself in a winter hell.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
dimension doors seems to play well. even muddles nicely alongside mystcraft if it's a new world or you manually shift used dimension ids up a few. special dungeons are still debug only but the first time i saw some of the autogen traps and maze paths i was stunned. more stable than portalgun portals if your endpoint isn't moving too(and neat one way tricks with the doors. you only portal when walking through them from one side. from the other side they're seemingly normal wooden or iron doors.)

more pistons. just because sometimes you don't want frames or 3d redstone pasta just to get a four long push retract piston. or three long. or two.

can't seem to get cameracraft to work with changed blockids and itemids. think it may just be a bad config implementation in that mod, so no wall poster of a place that can act as a portal to boot. /sadface

dimdoors, secretrooms, and cameracraft all happen to default with blockid overlaps. learned that back trying to get it all working with dw20 pack.

still holding off on logistics pipes until the official rework goes live to *hopefully* avoid being forced to restart a project map yet again.

upgrading ae seems safe for now.

treecapitator is not map volatile and i favor it's behaviour over axe of the stream for tasks where i'm not hunting leaves or saplings, just wood en masse(hand farm with bonemeal some jungle girth 4 trees with both. yeah. eat my energy/durability and save me some time until i can automate something).

still waiting on a safe and valid way to get worldedit /drain /fixwater and a few other functions rolling. holding off on adding ue/voltz stuff, but would mostly wind up using it for icbm and setting up some environmental[read: cosmetic or adventure event] stuff or screwing around in minigame fashion in a bad mystcraft age.

might try mo creatures. interested in more boss like creatures on an enderdragon/wither scale than just more random mobs. also frequently crashing mc trying to get a crude system for labeling mods as magic/tech/dimensional/vanilla and restricting use by custom agedata flags. so far have the crashing down pat.

also noteworthybut less a packed lunch mod is reciperemover. for when a moditem may feel cheaty but best to actually *use* for performance reasons to replicate the functionality for that machine wall that kills framerates or tickrates when running.

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
About better dungeons, i tried installing it, fixed the ID conflicts, but every time i approach a dungeon and enter it, i crash after about 10 seconds. every time. and the world is lost. anybody knows what im doing wrong? (ultimate pack btw.)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
About better dungeons, i tried installing it, fixed the ID conflicts, but every time i approach a dungeon and enter it, i crash after about 10 seconds. every time. and the world is lost. anybody knows what im doing wrong? (ultimate pack btw.)

Hmm. I don't get that for some reason, but some have complained about it. Try switching it to peaceful to see if it's a mob first (I played on peaceful while testing and can't test for a couple days,) and then seek answers on the MCF thread.