Your Favorite Computer Craft Program Ever

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
who said to other people its not playing the game? it is what I feel, I'm not here to be all day writing m.peripheral wrap right, I rather go and build the things myself (which is more fun than /download.get pastebin.com/playthegameforyou
You can write program by yourself :p

Last program I used was a simple script that chops down a redwood tree. I made it as a startup script, so, it works like so: Put down a turtle and open the GUI - it starts chopping a tree. My biggest CC project was that swarm program and it was fun to make and test...

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can write program by yourself :p

Last program I used was a simple script that chops down a redwood tree. I made it as a startup script, so, it works like so: Put down a turtle and open the GUI - it starts chopping a tree. My biggest CC project was that swarm program and it was fun to make and test...

read the first part of the post

heggico

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it. Excavate and the orequarry do the same thing? The orequarry however simply leaves cobble and dirt if you want it to. It also doesn't leave a big hole in the ground. And if you like doing things manually, why not dig the 30X30 square yourself?

Ontopic:
I've used orequarry alot. But lately it seems to keep crashing. And it usually does that when its still near bedrock :(

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
read the first part of the post
Meh. I'm just saying that the difference between writing a quarrying program and building, for example, a frame quarry is not that big. You think that fast/effective mining is "playing the game for you", well... I don't agree, but, meh. As you wish. You play the game where mining turtle is a 30x30 quarry, so that's your choice. People just suggested some better scripts to you.

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
My computer/turtle awesome program that you will not be able to do can dupe any item. It's totally legit, and you will never be able to build one, because you don't know 'The Secret'.

Just kidding, I don't know how to code Lua.

Reactions: Dravarden

PureChrome

Jul 29, 2019
Mine's probably a program named Cyvia by a friend of mine on the FTB Server I play on. It's basically a smart-house. It can play a song for you, show muted chat, and open locked doors for you. All by typing to it in chat. It's very very cool and handy. The guy who made it's username is Archieve. The forum for the server is www.themcxp.net

S

shadexnight

I created a auto door and logging system for my base
Each door senses players determines the name and then sends it to a separate computer.
then that separate computer logs in a file the name if its new and a variable. one for recent visitors and one for all visitors.
Pictures below

Attachments

• fullbase.png
    fullbase.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • monitor.png
    monitor.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 70
  • door.png
    door.png
    601 KB · Views: 73

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
mine. it was crap and only told the time including what day of minecraft it was on. still it was mine.
http://pastebin.com/cVkxSADK

wouldn't know past that. i don't really get much enjoyment out of using someones elses game progress to get through my game. to each their own though. i really do like the scratch like interfaces better though. i struggle for hours to learn enough lua to write a program. with stuff like computercraft edu and rf controls i can pick up the entire system much faster making it much easier to work in. still looking for a real world system that does that with every language. translates it to a easy to understand graphical style and back as needed. i tried scratch for a hour or so. this is all i did with it though. just a scribbling program i never refined.

some people pick things up easier then others. for me it is the graphical interfaces. for others it is the written ones.

Edit:
Sorry, didn't notice this post was necroed. just read through it and found that out. it has been a interesting read.
I've also written a computercraft program that is just basically a replacement for the redtone setup to crack chicken eggs into the cooker when there are any eggs available.

Last edited: