Your Favorite Computer Craft Program Ever

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Redstone Simulator program that is kind of cool I really like it because I spent so much time on it and 400+ lines on it. But I'm sure that there are better ones out there.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Advtunnel.

Not mine. Found it on the net. Simple easy only takes a small edit to make it use fuel. And does the only thing I use mining turtles for. Digging long stright tunnels of diffent heights and widths.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
It's one I wrote myself, it's similar to the advtunnel, but just digs tunnels of a specified height and length, automatically placing torches.

I use it to branch mine. Set the turtle going, and I mine out everything that it misses.

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
kkkbpeja

It's a branch mining program. I have no idea who wrote it, but once a friend showed it to me it's how I get my early game resources.

My favorite program that I wrote my self was a melee turtle script for my soul shard farm. So simple yet I was so proud.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have a favorite turtle script, as I try to avoid ComputerCraft in general (it's not that I don't like the mod, it's just that I spend several hours everyday working on my mod, so I don't want to sit down to relax and play Minecraft only to have to code for another several hours.)

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I have two I really think are above and beyond the call of normal.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/
http://www.computercraft.info/forum...ltimate-wood-chopper-selfbuildingmenueasy086/

OreQuarry is just beyond abusively cool. Place down turtle, put a chest behind it for it to fill up, put a chest to its left for fuel. Put smooth stone in slot 1, dirt in 2, chest in 15, charcoal in 16, then run the program. Program tells you what to give it and away ya go. Darn thing burrows down to bedrock and comes back with diamonds first, then as it comes up the levels to your feet it brings in the more and more common ores found higher up.

UltimateWoodChopper is just so worthy of looking up. Heck, if you want to use Sulphur goo instead of bone meal, it can run until you turn it off. Excellent menus, self building, efficient. If it weren't for the fact that I love chocolate so much, this program would make me thinner.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
mine is also advanced tunnel, it comes from here http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/1125-advanced-programs-orefinder-tunnel/
sadly it hasn't been updated recently, so it still has a problem concerning inventory, when the turtle's inventory is full, it just keeps mining, throwing all the items on the ground, it doesn't turn around and go back to deposit the items into a chest, it doesn't place a new chest and puts the items in there, and it doesn't use an enderchest.

the creator did say he was working on an update with enderchests, but so far I haven't seen that update.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
I like my multi turtle portal teleporter program its nice (even though it cheats because you can use multiple receptecles on one portal aslong as you only use one at the time)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
My two favourite are my Rubber Farm Turtle and Sheep Shearing Turtle programs. I wrote them myself. They are pretty simple but I'm proud of them

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I've only written one program. It took me hours, since I'm a programming novice and haven't a clue what I'm doing. It harvested all my sugar cane and dumped it in a nearby chest. Originally, it was written to farm a plot of land of a given size and shape. Eventually, I customized to ask the length and number of sugar cane rows, and programmed it to display what phase of the task it was busy with (harvesting, depositing harvest, sleeping etc).

When I was done, I showed it off proudly to my boyfriend, who immediately said, "That's nice, but wouldn't it have been easier to place one of those Forestry things instead?"

"…Yes," I had to admit. "Yes, it would have."

I haven't bothered much with CC since.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
My two favourite are my Rubber Farm Turtle and Sheep Shearing Turtle programs. I wrote them myself. They are pretty simple but I'm proud of them

i always get sad when you post because your avatar keeps reminding me that i want more Warehouse 13 NOW

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
i always get sad when you post because your avatar keeps reminding me that i want more Warehouse 13 NOW
Another Warehouse 13 fan? We should talk some time. Anyway, on topic, I tweaked my turtle so it is automated, it runs once a day.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I like Worm because I don't even know how to start up computers and get into the LUA stuff. So I feel my minecraft time is best used to chase around little dots as a giant worm with a slow metabolism.

CodzMyLife

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote a program that renders a computer completely useless with no way to remove it once installed >:) took me 3 hours and I would release but I'm not quite done.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I have two I really think are above and beyond the call of normal.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/
http://www.computercraft.info/forum...ltimate-wood-chopper-selfbuildingmenueasy086/

OreQuarry is just beyond abusively cool. Place down turtle, put a chest behind it for it to fill up, put a chest to its left for fuel. Put smooth stone in slot 1, dirt in 2, chest in 15, charcoal in 16, then run the program. Program tells you what to give it and away ya go. Darn thing burrows down to bedrock and comes back with diamonds first, then as it comes up the levels to your feet it brings in the more and more common ores found higher up.

UltimateWoodChopper is just so worthy of looking up. Heck, if you want to use Sulphur goo instead of bone meal, it can run until you turn it off. Excellent menus, self building, efficient. If it weren't for the fact that I love chocolate so much, this program would make me thinner.

I tend to use both of them. The only problem i've been having with the OreQuarry program, is lost turtles. The author released a version that uses a pathfinding program that stores every move the turtle made up until the point where the turtle's computer restarted for whatever reason, and resumes the operation from that point forward, but it's not perfect. The turtles often get lost when chunks get unloaded, server crashes, etc... If i was better at LUA, i'd integrate GPS functionality by using Rednet, then it would be solved for good, but the code is so darn big, i can't really make it any better ;(

UWC is a beast, easily able to feed multiple fermenters full of saplings, give you more charcoal than you know what to do with, and still make you expand the build to include a way of voiding wood, because you get SO DARN MUCH. I still haven't figured out if it's more effective than a Steve's Cart farm, but i suspect that it may be.

---

Turtles can make the game a bit too easy, however. The OreQuarry program is very, very powerful, and it takes so little resources, that once you make your first mining turtle and run the program once, you can possibly get enough resources to make 2 or 3 more at least. If you use RP gems for the turtles, then it gets silly, because the rest is just a couple iron, and some redstone and smoothstone... 1 Operation can then easily give you the resources to make 10 or more turtles, and it just exponentially grows. 8x8 area @ Y level 50 takes about 20 minutes, each turtle adds 8x8 to the area, with 20 you're talking about a 160x160 quarry... With chunkloaders, it can get a bit silly.