Your AE2 Auto crafting setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
rhn is very possibly one of the most prolific builders in all of modded minecraft. It sounded like you were calling him out for not being down with overbuilding when in fact that is essentially his brand.
Oh nope lol. Kinda funny though. And again it's different takes on a game. It just really bugs me when people make fun of the way people play. It's a game. Meant to be fun. I build the way I do because I enjoy it. And sorry but channels are a good idea in theory but to many ways around it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
If channels are a good idea.... Then why build to "get around it"? It's more of a challenge to build with that in mind then to over-do. As you keep saying its preference. But I prefer to do things in a manner akin to the way rhn build (though not half as well)

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Ok does someone have a link for rhn? I want to check out the builds now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

O

olDirdey

I tried to build the assembler tree in the FTB Pack Infinity Evolved 3.0.2 but first it was not working like shown in the picture from rhn. Needed some time to figure out that a single cable anchor was needed. For example, if I add an dense cable between the 4 assembler in layer one, only 8 interfaces are connected (Network Tools shows 12 interfaces btw). I needed to add a cable anchor under the middle assembler in layer two so that the dense cable is touching 4 assembler in layer one only. This way all 12 interfaces using a channel.

Now my question, is this the normal behaviour and the anchor is needed or was there some changes to the AE2 mod? Afaik assemblers should transmit data and energy and I can´t explain why all 12 channels are only connecting if the cable touches the assembler in layer one only. Here are a few pics from my actual setup cause they will explain better what I mean. I have to excuse for my bad english.

2018-04-23_22.42.24wpu28.png

2018-04-23_22.42.33p0u7x.png

2018-04-23_22.42.42260ue2.png

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I tried to build the assembler tree in the FTB Pack Infinity Evolved 3.0.2 but first it was not working like shown in the picture from rhn. Needed some time to figure out that a single cable anchor was needed. For example, if I add an dense cable between the 4 assembler in layer one, only 8 interfaces are connected (Network Tools shows 12 interfaces btw). I needed to add a cable anchor under the middle assembler in layer two so that the dense cable is touching 4 assembler in layer one only. This way all 12 interfaces using a channel.

Now my question, is this the normal behaviour and the anchor is needed or was there some changes to the AE2 mod? Afaik assemblers should transmit data and energy and I can´t explain why all 12 channels are only connecting if the cable touches the assembler in layer one only. Here are a few pics from my actual setup cause they will explain better what I mean. I have to excuse for my bad english.

2018-04-23_22.42.24wpu28.png

2018-04-23_22.42.33p0u7x.png

2018-04-23_22.42.42260ue2.png
That is because the images above are from over TWO YEARS AGO. Things have changed. Also, you need to have spacers to make sure the cables don't accidentally touch blocks you don't want them to touch.