Your AE2 Auto crafting setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'd be really fascinated to see what people have built for their AE2 setups, especially epic auto crafting :)

Here's the first half of my data centre, main storage room 'A'. Pictures aren't the best but I've tried to emulate a data centre, cables are all under the floor connected using subnets, there's a section of Deep Storage Units (DSU's) for items like cobblestone that are returned in bulk by ender quarries.

I have 480 1K storage modules loaded in, so far they are providing me with huge storage, ultimately i will want to fill this all up with the extra cells modules, but that's a fair way off.

2016-07-27_21.55.14.png 2016-07-27_21.55.25.png 2016-07-27_21.55.36.png The ME Controller is a 3 x 3 cube with P2P on most surfaces to concentrate channels going into the base.

Here's a section of the next layer down, the cyan cables are managed into an array of subnets
2016-07-27_21.57.39.png 2016-07-27_22.05.15.png 2016-07-27_22.05.48.png

Shots of Assembler, Auto-crafting CPU's and a shot of machine room. I've tried to colour code cables depending on what they're connecting to the network.

I can auto craft quantum armour and the gravi suite, but that uses a LOT of Iridium.

This setup is also processing excess cobble into scrap for the nuclear power station (located a few chunks away on other side of lake) as well as auto creating uranium and MOX fuel rods.

This wall here is full of slots for Ender-IO machines.

2016-07-27_22.10.25.png

Working on understanding Liquid storage with AE2, must store all the liquids!

-Wuffle

Attachments

• 2016-07-27_21.57.39.png
    2016-07-27_21.57.39.png
    813.4 KB · Views: 1,994
Reactions: RedBoss
E

eneKusho

I still don't have my certus quartz wrench... ;-;
5380/5520mB UU-matter, I still have to wait a bit more D:

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I was really struggling to make all of the bits for that wrench, the galgadorian metal stuff.. those sunarium things, the iridium...

Reactions: eneKusho

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ive had more.
The point is not as much the amount(although few really need that many tbh...), as it is that they are all almost wasted by having things(other than a dense cable) adjacent to them. It just screams of bad understanding of the mechanics of AE...

There is zero point in using so many if you just waste half their faces. It is a waste of materials(which is a big deal for many tweaked packs), power and space.

If all you want is the visual effect, check out Chisel.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
The point is not as much the amount(although few really need that many tbh...), as it is that they are all almost wasted by having things(other than a dense cable) adjacent to them. It just screams of bad understanding of the mechanics of AE...

There is zero point in using so many if you just waste half their faces. It is a waste of materials(which is a big deal for many tweaked packs), power and space.
2 things. 1 I under stand the mechanics. 2 if you use all the channels on this thing then you have issues. 3 it looks awesome. 4 wait why am I wasting my time with you? 5 I play go big or go home. I made this in infinity expert. There is no on way to play Minecraft. The whole point is I do this because I like it and it looks awesome. If you want to cry over something that doesn't even matter by all means continue. I didn't build it for you. Call the channel police if you dare!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
2 things. 1 I under stand the mechanics. 2 if you use all the channels on this thing then you have issues. 3 it looks awesome. 4 wait why am I wasting my time with you? 5 I play go big or go home. I made this in infinity expert. There is no on way to play Minecraft. The whole point is I do this because I like it and it looks awesome. If you want to cry over something that doesn't even matter by all means continue. I didn't build it for you. Call the channel police if you dare!

You are more than welcome to do whatever you want when you play. But if you post something that claim to be "super powerful" here on the forum(and it is in fact very basic and a waste of materials), you need to expect to get some critique...
A lot of people come here to get help and learn how to do things the right way. I am pointing out these things so they don't think your setup is the way to go(and dont go spend time and resources on all those controllers :p).

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is the base of the autocrafting setup I have used the last couple builds:
nVKzhBQ.png

By clustering the Interfaces/Molecular Assemblers each Inteface can craft 6 items in parallel. And most the Molecular Assemblers are shared.
The channel mechanic and the way channels get registered do set a limit to the size/shape of the clusters. Often Interfaces will not get registered or will randomly loose connection if you make them bigger.
I have found that this 12 Interface cluster is stable and reliable (There is room for 1 more(13 in total) Interface in the cluster, but I have experienced that it will randomly loose connection over time).

Remember that you need adequate Crafting co-Processing Units to take advantage of this. And try and spread out Patterns so materials required for another item are not being crafted in or near the other patterns Interface.

hjo6ZdR.png

Currently working on integrating them into my current build:
GR5e1wA.png

Don't mind the temporary cabling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Link

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
You are more than welcome to do whatever you want when you play. But if you post something that claim to be "super powerful" here on the forum(and it is in fact very basic and a waste of materials), you need to expect to get some critique...
A lot of people come here to get help and learn how to do things the right way. I am pointing out these things so they don't think your setup is the way to go(and dont go spend time and resources on all those controllers :p).
I never said it was super powerful. I said it looked cool and did what it was supposed to. And it works really well. Never had a problem once it's setup. And this isn't my whole setup. This is what I would say is the brain. I have plenty of stuff other places. And I am sorry I play the game for fun. Also good point I shouldn't of posted it since the poster only asked what people do for the ae setup

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019

If all you want is the visual effect, check out Chisel.

I found those blocks earlier on the day you replied, the chisel blocks that look like the AE blocks, pretty cool. I do see what you mean. My cuboid design is a lot bigger than that and makes use of all sides while being positioned for logistical advantage. Of course its impossible to use every side of every block.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
...5 I play go big or go home. I made this in infinity expert. There is no on way to play Minecraft. The whole point is I do this because I like it and it looks awesome. If you want to cry over something that doesn't even matter by all means continue. I didn't build it for you. Call the channel police if you dare!

Just wanted to point out the extreme hilarity in someone telling rhn to play big or go home...

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
No clue who and I live to amuse :)

rhn is very possibly one of the most prolific builders in all of modded minecraft. It sounded like you were calling him out for not being down with overbuilding when in fact that is essentially his brand.

Reactions: Pyure