You knew about decay being collected?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
I just used Portal gun on a "power tool light" to make a red decay block to pop, by using the portal gun move block ability. AWESOME.

i think i am gonna make a backup of my server then go to my best friend's home and put it in a nice hidden place :D

GHEHEHEHEHEHE

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
Thats Evil, I Like It........
35847878.jpg

On a more serious note, take screenshots maybe? (okay maybe it's not so serious)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the portal gun to carry them through mystcraft portals.

But yes, doing so would be incredibly evil.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
since you have it backed up, do the WHITE decay. unstoppable destruction!!!
unless of course youre VERY quick acting with the nuclear warheads.

zorn: its a result of improperly setting up a mystcraft age.
instability can be meteors, lightning, debuffs, or decay, which will eventually doom the age.
if you put the "dense ores" or "accelerated symbol in, decay is guarenteed.

black: slow spread, cannot travel through air, ground collapses. 1.5 second break time w/ diamond pick
blue: faster spread, very slow air travel (5x times slower). 2 sec
red: takes longer to break than blue 3 sec
purple: same speed as red/blue, but also travels that fast through air. 10 sec
white: even FASTER ground travel, 5x speed penalty through air. damages the player, ignores armor. 10 seconds.

Reactions: shard746

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
since you have it backed up, do the WHITE decay. unstoppable destruction!!!
unless of course youre VERY quick acting with the nuclear warheads.

zorn: its a result of improperly setting up a mystcraft age.
instability can be meteors, lightning, debuffs, or decay, which will eventually doom the age.
if you put the "dense ores" or "accelerated symbol in, decay is guarenteed.

black: slow spread, cannot travel through air, ground collapses. 1.5 second break time w/ diamond pick
blue: faster spread, very slow air travel (5x times slower). 2 sec
red: takes longer to break than blue 3 sec
purple: same speed as red/blue, but also travels that fast through air. 10 sec
white: even FASTER ground travel, 5x speed penalty through air. damages the player, ignores armor. 10 seconds.

So dense ores always gives some decay? yeah i read about that but how to mine a dense ore world without swimming in tumors? i'll look for it.

wait... you can clear an area of decay?!

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
So dense ores always gives some decay? yeah i read about that but how to mine a dense ore world without swimming in tumors? i'll look for it.
wait... you can clear an area of decay?!
mine it fast. dig down to ore levels, get mining laser and get cracking.
yes you can clear the slower decays, but you can forget about doing that for white. pray you only get black decay.
also, you have to really mess up writing the book to get white. others are bad enough.

So what is the point of dense ores, if it causes the world to die?
two words: Dense. Ores.
it increases the generation of ores/chunk, for better chances of finding rare ores like iridium/diamond, and if you need huge levels of iron/redstone/lapis/tin/copper etc.

per the wiki:
Adds significantly more ores to the world than normal, with less of the normal height restrictions.

Reactions: shard746 and dwappo

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Dense Ores is a kinda rare symbol anyway.

There must be a way to avoid those colorful decays

I really meant what Eric posted:
wo words: Dense. Ores.
it increases the generation of ores/chunk, for better chances of finding rare ores like iridium/diamond, and if you need huge levels of iron/redstone/lapis/tin/copper etc.
If Dense Ores didn't equal some form of decay, then people would be complaining that it's overpowered -_-.

But like Eric also said, if you're prepared, it shouldn't be a problem.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in the old mystcraft I used to load a world up with 10 - 20 Dense Ore symbols, hop in, mine for about 2 stacks of diamond blocks and then using a link book to get back home. I then toss the book in lava and bathe in diamonds :p. Not sure if this is the case with the new one.