Yet another server crash on startup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

branex

Title:
Yet another server crash on startup
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Running my server on Linux.
Please help me as I have tried most of the options and failed to fix the problem. I have tried thus far: server reinstall, ran a few backed up worlds and everything seems to work from 4 days ago and since then the server crashes on startup. If someone can make out which exact blocks are causing the trouble I can remove them manually with MCedit or something. Oh and one last thing my server got turned off today with the power off button and thus making it a more hard shutdown of the server but I don't think this is connected since worlds from 4 days ago don't work as well. Could java be broken?
Ty all
Log: http://pastebin.com/2HhMCqsp

B

branex

If needed I will supply more logs as they are too big for the free pastebin option.

B

branex

OK sorry for the horrible post but I was in a hurry...the problem is the thaumic energistics mod! Seems to have some bugs including one that I have already experienced during gameplay but isn't that much big of a deal: Crashing when crafting a ME essentia storage cell directly with a case (some report that the crash can be avoided by separately crafting both pieces and then craft them into the storage cell. So while I still don't know exactly what was the problem a general solution is disabling thaumic energistics so that all of the blocks despawn and then re-enabling it and "cheat" those blocks back in. Doing this I will try not to make the same positioning as before and maybe avoid using microblocs altogeter - we were able to make good looking houses in vanilla so FU microblocs (no I'm kidding GREAT mod). If someone is capable of pointing out an exact problem that caused the crash and maybe explain to me how to he gets that from the code I would be VERY gratefull as I would really like to know how to troubleshoot this logs/crashes by myself! I have learned something already so...hope this helps any poor guy struggling with his own crash. TY and GL

Last edited:

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
My server is having this issue aswell. Thank you for posting your fix! Server been down for 13 hours now while I have been trying to figure out the cause.

B

branex

I feel you man...mine has been down for 9 hours and I was already loosing my mind :D but now it's fixed (partially) - still need to put all those terminals back. I was the only one using thaumcraft so I win here and this will pass silently ;) but it's still gonna be a pain to fill the storage cells back again with essentia even while "cheating" it D: I only hope that it won't crash again any time soon (or never :D).

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
I feel you man...mine has been down for 9 hours and I was already loosing my mind :D but now it's fixed (partially) - still need to put all those terminals back. I was the only one using thaumcraft so I win here and this will pass silently ;) but it's still gonna be a pain to fill the storage cells back again with essentia even while "cheating" it D: I only hope that it won't crash again any time soon (or never :D).
I believe only 1 person on my server was using them. He's going to be SOL but I don't think he will mind.

B

branex

Sry man my knowledge about ftb crash logs has begun expanding just today so I can't be of any much help here. I hope that someone more knowledgeable comes around and solves your issue. My 2 cents to you but still a complete kick in the dark: From what I can see comparing your log and mine there is one difference: you have something about some HashMap (HashIterator) so I would start looking about that around the web. It's very late here so I can't help you much but I will check back tomorrow to see if you solved the problem. Best of luck!

B

branex

And about the poor fella loosing stuff on your server (once things get fixed)...ask him if he lost some crucial/expensive items and just give them to him through console or go into creative mode and throw him the necessary stuff. Good night

B

branex

Ok so for the record I have again put down the items from thaumic energistics and the crash was here again after restarting my server machine. If someone has the time to test this it would be great. Items I was using: 5x 16k essentia storage cells, arcane terminal, essentia monitor, 2 essentia providers, infusion essentia provider, import/export buses on alembics. If anyone has any experience with these items causing troubles I would be happy if someone could pointout what exactly the problem is or could be. It's so sad as I was really enjoying the fast essentia transportation w/o those pesky jars. Well...bummer

B

branex

Also manually updating Thaumic Energistics from 1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.5 completely solved the issue and EVERYTHING works fine.