Yet another low FPS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, another.

I first would like to say that yes, I have indeed tried Optifine, many times. Never once has it increased my FPS. In fact, it's only ever made it drop, no matter what my settings may be.

Second, in vanilla Minecraft, I drop down to 30 at the lowest and for my highest I can jump up to about 90 FPS.
Thirdly, my system specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
Intel i5-2430M Processor: 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
750 Gb HDD

Java is updated to the latest version, I've cleared my cache, I've updated all drivers to their latest versions, I've checked to make sure nothing is chewing up my CPU, I've reinstalled Java multiple times and still nothing even shows the slightest bit of promise.

In the launcher I've allocated many different RAM sizes through the launcher. I've tried 516 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 2.5 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB and 8 GB.

All in all no matter what I try I can't seem to get an FPS boost.

If I'm unable to get a solution to the problem, I would at least like an explanation as to why this is happening, if possible.

Thank you!

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like Intel HD 3000 is the weak part of the chain,and don't allocate more than 1-1,5 GB it is more than it will ever need.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
Just like Vyron said its your integrated graphics card that's causing the low fps. Most people need to realize that ftb has 60 plus mods and you need a decent pc to run any of the mod packs .

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like Intel HD 3000 is the weak part of the chain,and don't allocate more than 1-1,5 GB it is more than it will ever need.

I've tried that, no avail. "In the launcher I've allocated many different RAM sizes through the launcher. I've tried 516 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 2.5 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB and 8 GB."

Just like Vyron said its your integrated graphics card that's causing the low fps. Most people need to realize that ftb has 60 plus mods and you need a decent pc to run any of the mod packs .

This computer can run standard Minecraft at approximately an average of 70 fps on a x128 texture pack and about 30 mods on it. This machine is also more than capable as I have a friend running the same modpack and everything on a computer that also has integrated graphics, and i3 processor, and 4 GB of RAM.

Go to your local computer mom-pop shop and see if they have an extra GPU lying around they can sell you.

Sadly that wouldn't exactly work as my machine is a laptop.

I've pretty much pinpointed the problem being the launcher itself. I ran it again disabling all mods within and still had FPS issues. For some reason however it tries to run single threaded as the FPS and Chunk Updates are the same and change simultaneously. I've allocated all cores to the game when it's running through task manager and set priority to high. Once again I've tried running Optifine with no change and I've also added FPS++ to the slew, also with no avail.

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using the extra java parameters that are linked in my signature?
Not the slightest change, I tried directly copying and pasting them both into the parameters in advanced options. I do appreciate the post highly however and did give it a like.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried pulling down multiMC and running the pack off that? the launcher is loosely based on it in some ways but it might be different enough to rule out the launcher.

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
Why thank you, and sorry it did not work.

Thank you for taking the time to write the tutorial, I'm glad you did so!

have you tried pulling down multiMC and running the pack off that? the launcher is loosely based on it in some ways but it might be different enough to rule out the launcher.

Didn't quite solve my FPS issue, but I do like this launcher far more than the default FtB launcher, so thank you for showing me!

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
So I did try turning all my settings down as low as possible and got virtually no change. It still hangs around 9 fps and is only getting worse as time progresses. The game is getting more and more difficult to play and I've died several times due to FPS lag. I also am now unable to install Optifine as when I do so it goes to a black screen once started and that's it.

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
And I probably just found the most interesting little thing ever... I got bored so in a single player world and teleported myself to the farlands. Once I did that I went underground and started wandering through the "caves." I sat for a moment and immediately my FPS shot up to 80 and stayed between 50 and 80. I know your frames are normally supposed to drop in the farlands so I consider this extremely weird. Does this have any correlation with anything?

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
And I probably just found the most interesting little thing ever... I got bored so in a single player world and teleported myself to the farlands. Once I did that I went underground and started wandering through the "caves." I sat for a moment and immediately my FPS shot up to 80 and stayed between 50 and 80. I know your frames are normally supposed to drop in the farlands so I consider this extremely weird. Does this have any correlation with anything?
God knows.

Try renaming your FTB launcher to Minecraft.exe
This may trick your graphics into running with FTB. Not sure if it works the same if you don't have a dedicated graphics card or not, but worth a try, right?

Kaz!

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, another.

I first would like to say that yes, I have indeed tried Optifine, many times. Never once has it increased my FPS. In fact, it's only ever made it drop, no matter what my settings may be.

Second, in vanilla Minecraft, I drop down to 30 at the lowest and for my highest I can jump up to about 90 FPS.
Thirdly, my system specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
Intel i5-2430M Processor: 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
750 Gb HDD

Java is updated to the latest version, I've cleared my cache, I've updated all drivers to their latest versions, I've checked to make sure nothing is chewing up my CPU, I've reinstalled Java multiple times and still nothing even shows the slightest bit of promise.

In the launcher I've allocated many different RAM sizes through the launcher. I've tried 516 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 2.5 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB and 8 GB.

All in all no matter what I try I can't seem to get an FPS boost.

If I'm unable to get a solution to the problem, I would at least like an explanation as to why this is happening, if possible.

Thank you!

You can get things that boost your Fps as well as Tps. You have not stated what you are playing is it Solo player of multilayer?

If it is solo player then this may help:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1548779-1476-ticks-per-second-v0411/

It will remove lag causing entities that will make your game smoother. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.